Cuts are in. Succop gone.

All backs made the cut!!  May end up being a run heavy team?

Released

S Jonathon Amaya
S Malcolm Bronson
FB Jordan Campbell
DL Dominique Hamilton
WR Mark Harrison
G Ricky Henry
LB Alonzo Highsmith
LB Nico Johnson
DT Kyle Love
CB Justin Rogers
DL Kona Schwenke
K Ryan Succop
CB DeMarcus Van Dyke
LB Devan Walker
OT J'Marcus Webb
RB Charcandrick West
WR Fred Williams

Injured reserve

QB Tyler Bray
WR Kyle Williams

Non-football injury

DE Mike Catapano

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/30/6084151/chiefs-roster-cuts-2014-tyler-bray-injury-ryan-succop

OFFENSE

WRDonnie Avery, AJ Jenkins, Albert Wilson, Frankie Hammond Jr.

LTEric Fisher

LGJeff Allen, Jeff Linkenbach, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

C: Rodney Hudson, Eric Kush

RG: Zach Fulton, Mike McGlynn*

RT: Ryan Harris, Donald Stephenson (suspended)

TE: Anthony FasanoTravis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, Richard Gordon

WR: Junior Hemingway, Kyle Williams (IR), Dwayne Bowe (suspended)

QBAlex SmithChase Daniel, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray (IR)

RBJamaal CharlesKnile Davis, De'Anthony Thomas, Cyrus Gray, Joe McKnight

FB: Anthony Sherman

DEFENSE

LDEAllen Bailey, Jaye Howard

NTDontari Poe, Vance Walker

RDEMike DeVitoMike Catapano (NFI)

LOLBJustin Houston, Frank Zombo, Josh Martin

LILB: Joe Mays, Josh Mauga

RILBDerrick Johnson, James Michael-Johnson

ROLBTamba Hali, Dee Ford

LCBMarcus Cooper, Chris Owens, Phillip Gaines

RCB: Ron Parker, Sean Smith

SSEric Berry, Daniel Sorensen

FSHusain Abdullah, Kelcie McCray

SPECIAL TEAMS

PDustin Colquitt

K: Cairo Santos

KO: Cairo Santos

LS: Thomas Gafford

H: Dustin Colquitt

PR: De'Anthony Thomas, Frankie Hammond Jr.

KR: Knile Davis, Albert Wilson, De'Anthony Thomas, Frankie Hammond Jr.

*McGlynn was just signed this week so I'm not sure where the Chiefs would list him on their depth chart. 

Yeah not real happy with releasing Succop.  I guess we will see what happens.  The first time Santos misses a field goal all hell will break loose.

Shouldn't, average miss for nfl kickers is bout 3 per year.    Succop was on the 6 per year train.  I think it could get no worse. Santos may take some lumps but Succop was getting too much money to still be performing like he was.

The Chiefs will make more cuts. No one at the bottom of the roster should feel secure. They are not going to keep 5 running backs on the team the entire year. I would count on KC trading Gray to another team within a few weeks. Somebody has to go when Bowe returns. Someone else will have to be let go when Stephenson returns three weeks later. 

look at the TE position..

keeping 4!...

wonder if that means smith will be here long term..thats his game..he'll use em; like a muther!!

We will find out soon. I predict the Chiefs will release one of their TEs when they bring one of the suspended players back. 

yea probably so..

harris has lots of promise but looked so so in preseason due in part to some bad passes thrown his way..

right now gorden looks more polished but has no where near the ceiling...

Shouldn't, average miss for nfl kickers is bout 3 per year.    Succop was on the 6 per year train.  I think it could get no worse. Santos may take some lumps but Succop was getting too much money to still be performing like he was.

Wasn't succop the most accurate kicker in chiefs history?   Will be a shame when santos misses an easy one to lose a game.  

We will find out soon. I predict the Chiefs will release one of their TEs when they bring one of the suspended players back. 

I think you're right.  Smith is still going to use them "like a muther'.

hope the chiefs are looking at the cut lists...more specifically WR/CB/S/OL

How could they not?

yea probably so..

harris has lots of promise but looked so so in preseason due in part to some bad passes thrown his way..

right now gorden looks more polished but has no where near the ceiling...

He'll get it.  He has basketball hands.  And he's 6-7.  Once the routes and moves are second nature, he will have the brain space to look that ball into his hands. Still, Kelce is going to be a fixture and one of the best.  Harris might end up as a straight up trade for a really good young player at a position of need.

To me, if they keep 4 TEs it means their OL sucks.., And probably their WRs..,

Yes, and Harris is not much of a blocker either. So, it made sense to keep Gordon, who weighs 268 lbs, and will be a blocking TE. The Chiefs will have to cut someone when Bowe returns, and it may not be Gordon. They will have to cut another player when Stephenson returns. My guess is they will keep Gordon until they either have acquired another OL, or when Stephenson returns to the team.

Wasn't succop the most accurate kicker in chiefs history?   Will be a shame when santos misses an easy one to lose a game. 

Not sure where you got that??

Sure it will be a shame if he misses.  He's a rookie, and he will probably miss some.  We already had that with big salary 5 year vet.   You forget the Charger game?   Succop, great guy, you bet!!   But, for his salary he was not performing at the level of even the middle of the road kickers were. 

Yep Eraser, The TE's or RB's will be cut targets once the bad kids come back.  

you mean like Succup did vs San Diego?

Cutting Nico Johnson..man o man I'm not sure how to take it. On the positive side it is nice to see a regime admit that they fucked up and not hold on to a player just because they drafted him..on the other hand they drafted him and that is a draft pick that the Chiefs do not have the luxury of wasting.

Cutting Nico Johnson..man o man I'm not sure how to take it. On the positive side it is nice to see a regime admit that they fucked up and not hold on to a player just because they drafted him..on the other hand they drafted him and that is a draft pick that the Chiefs do not have the luxury of wasting.

I hated hearing that we had a 11-5 record over a 12-4 record. Then, they'd say that Smith led us to a 11-5 record. Either don't give the credit to Smith as in "led" or say 11-4. 12-4, I wouldn't be complaining. :P

Not sure where you got that??

Sure it will be a shame if he misses.  He's a rookie, and he will probably miss some.  We already had that with big salary 5 year vet.   You forget the Charger game?   Succop, great guy, you bet!!   But, for his salary he was not performing at the level of even the middle of the road kickers were. 

Yep Eraser, The TE's or RB's will be cut targets once the bad kids come back.  

It was on kcchiefs.com    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Release-Veteran-Kicker-Ryan-Succop/55e19c50-9f05-40aa-a80a-c16cd721ed63

Exactly ot. Dorsey has said he will not be emotionally attached to players. They need to go so be it. Now whether he is doing a good job is yet to be determined. Season 4 and 5 will paint a better picture. Hopefully they won't be on the coach gm hunt again at that time.

Yes he WAS.

BTW:  Jan Stenerud made a miss or two.  As did Nick Lowery.  Both had key playoff misses versus MIA, ironically.  Kickers do miss now and then.  

Succop's miss versus SD cost KC nothing, but a meaningless regular season win.

Santos better be good.

BTW:  Jan Stenerud made a miss or two.  As did Nick Lowery.  Both had key playoff misses versus MIA, ironically.  Kickers do miss now and then.  

Succop's miss versus SD cost KC nothing, but a meaningless regular season win.

Santos better be good.

I understand that.  

Really, I didn't care 1 way or the other.  Just had a feeling he was on a short leash based on his salary and below avg performance. If they can pay a guy lower wage and get the same or better results.  Go for it.   

i have to say though, for him being the most consistent kicker in chiefs history I never felt more uncomfortable for a kicker as much as I did when he came up.

But that's just me.

Archived