Why the Offseason Disappointment?

Guest DieHard

Guest DieHard

With our cap situation (this year and next), we have to cut some bloated salaries. These guys landed on cap hell and have to fix it with the draft and UDFAs and waivers. Last year we purged all the QBs and almost half of the entire roster.

This is not our year for getting a ring. It's our year to smash into the best teams in the league and develop. Yes, Denver is raping FA, because they have to. They have one or two years to win, we have one or two years to build a team.

Next year Hali has to go to sign Houston. Daniels has to go to sign Smith. Flowers has to go to sign Berry. Pick your poison. We drafted guys this year that have to start next year. They need some snaps.

The guys we let go, good riddens. I like Albert, Jackson. Dex... But not for the money we would have had to shell out. OK, Swartz would have been nice, but I wouldn't give a dollar for Lewis.

Bottom line is they nobody wins this division until Manning is gone. Winning this year would be a bad investment. Just enjoy watching this team develop. Don't get down if we go 8-8.

With our cap situation (this year and next), we have to cut some bloated salaries. These guys landed on cap hell and have to fix it with the draft and UDFAs and waivers. Last year we purged all the QBs and almost half of the entire roster.

This is not our year for getting a ring. It's our year to smash into the best teams in the league and develop. Yes, Denver is raping FA, because they have to. They have one or two years to win, we have one or two years to build a team.

Next year Hali has to go to sign Houston. Daniels has to go to sign Smith. Flowers has to go to sign Berry. Pick your poison. We drafted guys this year that have to start next year. They need some snaps.

The guys we let go, good riddens. I like Albert, Jackson. Dex... But not for the money we would have had to shell out. OK, Swartz would have been nice, but I wouldn't give a dollar for Lewis.

Bottom line is they nobody wins this division until Manning is gone. Winning this year would be a bad investment. Just enjoy watching this team develop. Don't get down if we go 8-8.

I know this is probably a stretch, but I hope Flower and Tamba will take pay cuts to stay here. Flowers can probably make more money elsewhere, but I don't see Hali getting a huge deal anywhere because of his age. 

The NFL is a business, and I know this is my personal fan bias talking, but I just wish players had more team loyalty. Obviously its a two way street, and the teams need to have more player loyalty, but both Flowers and Hali have been paid pretty handsomely by the Chiefs and I would love to see them stick around for their whole careers.

I know this is probably a stretch, but I hope Flower and Tamba will take pay cuts to stay here. Flowers can probably make more money elsewhere, but I don't see Hali getting a huge deal anywhere because of his age. 

The NFL is a business, and I know this is my personal fan bias talking, but I just wish players had more team loyalty. Obviously its a two way street, and the teams need to have more player loyalty, but both Flowers and Hali have been paid pretty handsomely by the Chiefs and I would love to see them stick around for their whole careers.

I like those guys too.  Maybe Hali will take a big cut, but I wouldn't bet on it.  Flowers could justify his number if he grabs the FS spot and plays at a Pro Bowl level.  I don't know if they will even try him there.  He is not ideal size, but is the best tackler in the secondary and would excel as a ball hawk IMO.  And you can't use your highest paid corner as your nickel back.

I am not disappointed.....I think most of us saw "tough choices" on the horizon when the Meltdown in Indy ended....Every season is different in the NFL, change is the norm.

I hope both Hali and Flowers stay in KC, but it is a two way decision making process.  They have to be reasonable, no more that that.....

So far, the off season has gone pretty much as expected.  I hope for a WR in Free Agency, but the $$ was not there to spend.

w

West- what FA WR is out there now? Not much IMO

I think the belief is that cuts are coming for every team. Some vet with a bloated contract or whatever is going to get freed up. We will have to wait and see if that plays out.

June Cuts are going to open new opportunities.

My initial post was in regards to when Free Agency first opened up....

Dorsey has been very good exploring all of the team options to add new talent.

I expect him to continue to look in each and every corner for ways to upgrade talent.

w

Archived