Less than a month to sign Houston

The Chiefs have until July 15th to give Houston a new contract. If it doesn't get done by then, he plays under the franchise tag in 2015. 

From there, we can slap the franchise tag on him one more time in 2016. However, it will be even more expensive than it was in 2015. Or, he will become a free agent. 

It's obvious he wants a ridiculous amount of money. 

Personally, I don't think he will get it and he'll walk in 2016 as a UFA. I think he wants Watt or Suh type of money and I wouldn't give it to him. I hope he comes down on his price because i really like him but, I don't think he will.

Will he get paid before July 15th?

I agree, chances are high he will walk after this year. I look at how green bay runs things and outside the QB they haven't dropped the kind of coin houston may be wanting on other positions. Just get that feeling thats the way dorsey is working as well.

I look at the jj watt contract too. In the end, at the expense of depth, and other needs. Is he really worth it???

I agree, chances are high he will walk after this year. I look at how green bay runs things and outside the QB they haven't dropped the kind of coin houston may be wanting on other positions. Just get that feeling thats the way dorsey is working as well.

I look at the jj watt contract too. In the end, at the expense of depth, and other needs. Is he really worth it???

True, but while Green Bay's defense was much better in their last SB win, they haven't been very good defensively -  it could be due to the offense giving little time to rest (but a good lead), garbage time stats by the opponent, or it could be letting good defenders leave. So, I would hope we find a good compromise. Adding a great defender to a good-great defense >< adding a good-great OL to a bad-average line? (You can swap positions, just saying where there's a sacrifice, there must be a gain elsewhere and vice-versa. Unless you are Elway and can circumvent the cap.)

Archived