Bring Back Terrell Pryor

Pryor could not make it as a QB in Oakland, so he went to Seattle. At Seattle, Pryor was a miss, and went to Kansas City. Kansas City told Pryor he was not good enough, and so he went to Cincinnati. Pryor made it clear he was only going to play quarterback. There was no alternative. If he was going to make it in the NFL, then it would be as a QB. Unfortunately, Cincinnati confirmed what everyone else told him. Pryor was not good enough at quarterback to make a NFL team. After all those in his ear, telling Pryor this was his right to play quarterback, and that the only reason people wanted him to change positions was because of race.  

Guess what, now that Pryor has been convinced by those who know, and were honest... Pryor wants to try again, but this time as a wide receiver. 

Terrell Pryor has a strong arm, but not field awareness, and not enough accuracy to warrant lifting a clipboard for any team in the NFL. He was sacked several times as a Raider, fumbled, and repeatedly intercepted. Despite his unique combination of size, speed, and agility, Pryor became flustered by an inability to adapt to the NFL. This is not unusual. There are many college players who came to the NFL, only to find they did not have the right stuff. Colt Brennan looked exceptional in college, but the next level was too much. That, and a reoccurring problem with addiction caused Brennan to fail to achieve at the NFL level. David Woodley, John Beck, Browning Nagle, Mike Elkins, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Malone, Brady Quinn, Tony Eason, Richard Todd, Kyle Boller, J P Losman, Tommy Madox, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Kelly Stouffer, Jim Drunkenmiller, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Dan McGuire, David Klingler, Todd Blackledge, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Todd Marinovich, Art Schlichter, and Ryan Leaf all busted out of the NFL, and most were more promising prospects out of college than Pryor. 

What all those did not possess that Pryor has is the unique combination of speed, agility, and height that could make him a terror at WR. 

Now that Pryor has been convinced, is there time left to resurrect his career as a wide receiver? I don't know, but I would be willing to take a risk to find out. What say you?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000497963/article/terrelle-pryor-switching-to-wr-after-bengals-release

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13110663/terrelle-pryor-switch-position-quarterback-wide-receiver

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/18/terrelle-pryor-is-moving-to-receiver/

Now that Pryor has been convinced, is there time left to resurrect his career as a wide receiver?

Nope, these guys work for years to make it in the NFL and rarely do these guys successfully transition from QB to anothet skilled position. I would never take Pryor over a true NFL WR. To much to learn in too little time.

I saw enough of the 2014 KC Wrs to say try anyone. Maclin, Curry and ? KC saw enough of Pryor to get a feel for his WR potential. I expect he was not better than the awful back ups we all ready have or they would have talked him into it.

I saw enough of the 2014 KC Wrs to say try anyone. Maclin, Curry and ? KC saw enough of Pryor to get a feel for his WR potential. I expect he was not better than the awful back ups we all ready have or they would have talked him into it.

Conley, you mean?

The Chiefs could either allow a spot on their 53 or place him on their practice team. 6'6", 233, and runs 4.38. It might not work. Quarterbacks make good wide receivers because they usually know what it takes to get open, and know the routes. Not only does he have a long wingspan, he has huge hands. 

The Chiefs are at 79, so they can add one more. If it doesn't work, no big deal. It should have happened three years ago. 

Conley, you mean?

Who needs Cairo Santos when you have Stephen Curry shooting threes from outside the endzone?

The Chiefs could either allow a spot on their 53 or place him on their practice team. 6'6", 233, and runs 4.38. It might not work. Quarterbacks make good wide receivers because they usually know what it takes to get open, and know the routes. Not only does he have a long wingspan, he has huge hands.

The Chiefs are at 79, so they can add one more. If it doesn't work, no big deal. It should have happened three years ago.

No go. I believe Pryor has 3 accrued seasons so he would be ineligible for the practice squad. And there's no way he learns to play wr well enough during training camp to earn a spot. He needs to go to Canada or arena league if he wants to learn a new position.

Reid saw enough of them too. That's why he got rid of almost all of them. I suspect you are correct about Pryor.

Archived