Clemson OL Isaiah Battle entering supplemental draft

Clemson OL Isaiah Battle entering supplemental draft

• By Chase Goodbread
  • College Football 24/7 writer

0ap3000000498816.jpg

Clemson offensive tackle Isaiah Battle will enter the NFL supplemental draft next month, and according to NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein, the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons are two teams that could invest a pick in the talented Tigers starter. Denver's interest could stem from a recent injury toRyan Clady, and Battle's skill set is a good fit for new Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan's scheme, Zierlein noted.

According to a release by the school, Battle is entering the draft largely for personal reasons.

Battle has started 16 career games for the Tigers, including 11 last season, and Zierlein said he would be shocked if Battle was not chosen in the draft. The draft commonly goes without a player selection because teams that make a supplemental draft pick lose a choice in the corresponding round in the next year's regular draft. Only 42 players have been chosen in the 38-year history of the supplemental draft.

Battle should make No. 43.

"Battle has terrific length on his 6-foot-6 frame and is quick to land hands on pass rushers to disrupt their attack," Zierlein noted. West Georgia pass rusher Darrius Caldwell has also declared for the draft, as has one of his teammates on the West Georgia defensive line, Dalvon Stuckey. North Carolina Central's Adrian Wilkins has declared, as well.The date for when the 2015 NFL Supplemental Draft will be held has yet to be determined. Last year's supplemental draft was held on July 10.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498817/article/clemson-ol-isaiah-battle-entering-supplemental-draft

This guy is good. He was projected to go in the late first to early second. This is the last year we have Stephenson under contract. Would you bid on this guy? 

Chiefs wont do it but I'd sure think a 3 or 4 rnd pick might get him.. Depends a bunch on Andy & his eval. If the Chiefs are confident that their record will be a playoff caliber one next year they wont get much better value IMO

This guy is good. He was projected to go in the late first to early second. This is the last year we have Stephenson under contract. Would you bid on this guy?

I doubt it. Maybe after a good year at clemson for the upcoming season, but not after last year. Probably 3rd round at best if he had entered this past draft.

Intriguing guy but definitely a developmental player. He would have had more starts but was suspended twice, once for a fight and this year got caught with the wacky tobaccy. There are reports he was one more incident away from getting kicked off the team.

Very raw, I'd maybe give a 5th in the supplemental draft if I thought he could play right tackle and/or guard. Maybe.

Archived