610 just reported per schefter Houston is signed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest 303Chiefs

Clarkipoo had a big boy gm, of course this deal was going to get done. He actually has experience building a winner unlike Clark.

I was never worried.  Chiefs are not going to let one of their franchise players get loose, except on quarterbacks.  Yea!!! 

David Carr and Peyton Manning.  Are you listening?  We've got your number. Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Guest 303Chiefs

clark does not have to build a winner...he just has to write the checks

Really? The owner doesn't have to build a winner? Uhhh if he wants to keep writing checks he better want to build a winner, and YES he shares some part of the responsibility. Ignorant to think he is not accountable for the state of the franchise!

It's hard to imagine a contract structure where the Chiefs didn't just grossly overpay a player. J.J. Watt was overpaid given his role for the Texans, regardless of his ability relative to other football players. Justin Houston isn't J.J. Watt, and yet will be paid more.

Now that the Chiefs have diverted so much money to defense, be prepared for the inevitable slashing of the budget for offensive linemen. This extension may also have cost the Chiefs the ability to re-sign Dontari Poe, a key defensive player. Will Justin Houston prove to be the defense's keystone? Every football principle I am accustomed to down to this day says that an outside linebacker is never the piece to build around on defense, even if that outside linebacker is the best player on defense. I sure hope that the contract breakdown shows the way out for the Chiefs if Houston doesn't perform at an All-World level for years to come.

Guest 303Chiefs

It's hard to imagine a contract structure where the Chiefs didn't just grossly overpay a player. J.J. Watt was overpaid given his role for the Texans, regardless of his ability relative to other football players. Justin Houston isn't J.J. Watt, and yet will be paid more.

Now that the Chiefs have diverted so much money to defense, be prepared for the inevitable slashing of the budget for offensive linemen. This extension may also have cost the Chiefs the ability to re-sign Dontari Poe, a key defensive player. Will Justin Houston prove to be the defense's keystone? Every football principle I am accustomed to down to this day says that an outside linebacker is never the piece to build around on defense, even if that outside linebacker is the best player on defense. I sure hope that the contract breakdown shows the way out for the Chiefs if Houston doesn't perform at an All-World level for years to come.

Same could be said about Denver, they gambled on Manning and they will most definitely be struggling to keep all the pieces together in the near future. Manning didn't get them a super bowl and he won't in the future. I'm happy the Chiefs went for it! Big boy pants on...check. Goal in mind of winning...check. Fans have an exciting team to watch...check.

Same could be said about Denver, they gambled on Manning and they will most definitely be struggling to keep all the pieces together in the near future. Manning didn't get them a super bowl and he won't in the future. I'm happy the Chiefs went for it! Big boy pants on...check. Goal in mind of winning...check. Fans have an exciting team to watch...check.

You followed my logic to its completion, and then suddenly your train of thought derailed entirely, producing a completely unsound conclusion. You agreed with me and disagreed with me all at the same time.

If this is only about 2015, it's a great decision. I'm thinking about 2015, 2016, 2017, and onward.

Really? The owner doesn't have to build a winner? Uhhh if he wants to keep writing checks he better want to build a winner, and YES he shares some part of the responsibility. Ignorant to think he is not accountable for the state of the franchise!

The only thing he has to do is put the right people in the important positions to take care of that for him. he did that when he chose dorsey

Guest 303Chiefs

You followed my logic to its completion, and then suddenly your train of thought derailed entirely, producing a completely unsound conclusion. You agreed with me and disagreed with me all at the same time.

If this is only about 2015, it's a great decision. I'm thinking about 2015, 2016, 2017, and onward.

Well, let's give Dorsey a chance to work his magic. He deserves that at least. Can't turn out any different than Chiefs football has producers as of recently.

Well, I know I'll get blasted for this, but I think I have a good enough reputation on here that I have a source(no I am not going to give it away incase it does not happen) that the Chiefs are now in talks to sign Evan Mathis.  So much for not being able to build a line.

Spfdchief..we'll hold you to that..anyway bring mathis on!

and I think the chiefs will keep poe..and the cuts will come next year on the defensive side of the ball..smith will walk..DJ..Berry..Tambi...

Feels like old times are back. Defense locked up for a good three year run. Poe faces the franchise next year so the next two years we are looking good. You never know when a player will get ill, serious injury, have an accident or worse. We have certainly seen too much of that. So .........go with what know you have and WIN NOW! Loving it!

The Chiefs built around a linebacker before:  Derrick Thomas  Also, the cap goes up each year.  Next year, with Poe, they will automatically have another 11 million dollars.  You should be celebrating, not worrying and complaining.

The Chiefs built around a linebacker before:  Derrick Thomas  Also, the cap goes up each year.  Next year, with Poe, they will automatically have another 11 million dollars.  You should be celebrating, not worrying and complaining.

There's only one problem here: Derrick Thomas' team never won a Super Bowl.

Let's not conflate two different ideas: That of what a team needs to do to build a Super Bowl-winning roster, and that of celebrating the re-signing of one of the best outside linebackers in football today. Those are not the same.

There's only one problem here: Derrick Thomas' team never won a Super Bowl.

Let's not conflate two different ideas: That of what a team needs to do to build a Super Bowl-winning roster, and that of celebrating the re-signing of one of the best outside linebackers in football today. Those are not the same.

You seem to be shifting your argument to avoid being a stationary target. We had a weak offense and a pedestrian QB most of the years DT was there.  Now our rush includes Hali and Ford, as well as Poe.  You were talking overpaying for Houston and letting the offense rot away as I read your post. Winning a SB is a longshot, not matter what team you have.  I don't need to list the number of great young players they have and have drafted and acquired to bolster weak areas.  And with a roster like they have and the best available QB they could get at the time,  a guy who is very, very capable and does not give the ball away,  with Kelce, Maclin, and Wilson, DAT, and Conley, with Jamaal running, and with Toub coaching special teams, Reid as head coach, and Sutton, they should be good to make a run for several years.  You just cannot do better than that.  But if you want to be a "glass half empty" guy, that's your prerogative.  Maybe you should be hired as GM, since you know what is right and how to do it.

Archived