NFL's Best Pass Rush?

Interesting piece on NFL's best pass rushing teams in 2015.  Names 2 AFC West teams as possible holders of that crown (Broncos & Chiefs) and says Chiefs will be the best pass rushing team of all 32 NFL teams this year.  Sites return of DJ, improved secondary and defensive front of Houston, Hali, Poe and newcomer Catapano (who is penciled in as starter in passing fronts alongside those 3) as being the best rushing group in the league.  Fluffy off season piece written in wake of Houston's MONSTER contract no doubt, but sounds good to me.  Hopefully it turns out to be true.  Thoughts?  

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/7/16/8984669/which-team-will-have-the-nfls-best-pass-rush-in-2015

I think we will have a great pass rush. What is sweet is that we have DJ and Houston who can rush and cover as good as anybody. You know Hali is rushing. Houston and DJ are just as likely to get their hands on your pass. Great situation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000502656/article/mike-devito-chiefs-building-a-bully-on-defense   Mike DeVito: Chiefs 'building a bully' on defense

Chiefs defensive lineman Mike DeVito has been with defensive coordinator Bob Sutton for almost a decade now (2007-12 with the Jets) and he expects a certain brand of football to be played.

He's also borrowing a phrase from his former head coach and Sutton influence Rex Ryan to properly describe Kansas City's defense in 2015.

"We're building a bully," he told the team's website. "We're going to be the team that you don't want to play on Sunday."

DeVito was on the unfortunate end of an offseason paycut but wanted to stay around for what he feels might be the best rendition of Sutton's defense yet.

On top of paying star pass rusher Justin Houston, the team added a potentially-premiere corner in Marcus Peters with their 2015 first-round pick. They're also welcoming back DeVito (torn ACL), linebacker Derrick Johnson (Achilles' tendon) and Mike Catapano (gastrointestinal virus, concussion) into the fold.

Though the stat is often unreliable, the Chiefs still managed to finish seventh in total defense (330.5 yards/game) without so many key components. In short, DeVito may be on to something here.

The Defense should be awesome....

Its going to come down to the O-Line.....Very simple stuff..

If KC can run the football, the play action passing game will be unstoppable.

If KC builds a lead, our pass rush will be VERY difficult to manage.

w

Tamba and Houston are fun to watch. They enjoy the game, and are dedicated to giving it their best. Never have I had to question whether either would be in shape or mentally prepared to play the game. I have a little tougher time warming up to Dee Ford, as he seems a little too slick. I hope Tamba and Houston's attitude can wear off on Dee Ford. If he gets it going, the Chiefs are going to have quite a rotation. 

I would add that the "Beast in the Middle" is equally fun to watch....

Houston and Hali get to the QB's because the middle of the pocket is getting crushed by a Kid that is just coming into his own.

POE is Critical....

w

This could be the first pass rush unit in the modern era that can't even be slowed down by hold-blind refs. Multiple blatant (uncalled) holds and someone will still get there. Hali better come up with some sort of throat guard, though - I don't know how his larynx stands up to the abuse.

Archived