Do we need another piece?

My most fun times as a Chiefs fan are when we are a team nobody wants to play.  When we have a defense that gives people fits.  This is the most fun time since Marty left.  I loved those days even more the DV's team scoring 40 points a game.  Right now, the team reminds me and the ninties team.  Nobody looks forward to us on their schedule anymore.

Yeah. Scary defense, and who knows what's coming with a new O-line and new receivers.  Could be a fun time ahead.  As long as we can put a frown on horseface and send Manning to the showers in distress a couple of times.  And make Carr wish he hadn't been born.

To be honest, I have to pinch myself to believe we are even having this discussion...

I can't remember a time in all the years that I have been following the Chiefs when we were asking ourselves this question.

It was always more like - "Which 15 pieces do we need most?"!!

Nobody has mentioned run defense. It was horrible last year. Yes...I know we are getting DJ and Devito back but they are coming off bad injuries and they are getting up there in years. Was wondering if a solid run stuffer like a Red Bryant made any sense. Thoughts?

It sounds like the Chargers might get Reggie Wayne. Telesco was in Indy with him and Antonio Gates is out for the first four games.

He has been reasonably healthy for his career until a couple of years ago. An ACL, then an elbow. At the end of the season it was released he had been playing despite a torn triceps. Reggie Wayne is 36 years old. 

We absolutely need a center.   First and foremost.   Then a right guard.   Beyond that the rest of the line is wait and see but those two positions I have no confidence in.

As for the Chiefs in general I'm like Jetlord.   I have followed them wayyyy too many years to be too upset by the downs and too thrilled with the wins.   But I will always root for them win or lose and if they win....well that's pretty okay with me.

As for the Chiefs in general I'm like Jetlord.   I have followed them wayyyy too many years to be too upset by the downs and too thrilled with the wins.   But I will always root for them win or lose and if they win....well that's pretty okay with me.

Two times in my sports following, I got over involved emotionally in game outcomes.  When the Royals blew game five in the playoffs in the ninth to lose a WS spot and when we froze to death watching the offense and kicker implode in January, 1996.  After that, I said never again would I let a sports score get me depressed.  There's so many more important things in life and game outcomes don't change who I am or how I live.  

We absolutely need a center.   First and foremost.   Then a right guard.   Beyond that the rest of the line is wait and see but those two positions I have no confidence in.

Nah, we're alright at Center. Hudson wouldn't relocate to LG or Kush may have played all season at Center. Hudson went to Oakland after KC allowed them to overpay. Kush is bigger, stronger, quicker, and faster than Hudson. It will be alright. Morse is a back up for this year. If Kush can take on Poe head to head, we won't have any issues there. 

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2015/07/25/kansas-city-chiefs-eric-kush-2015/2/

Two times in my sports following, I got over involved emotionally in game outcomes.  When the Royals blew game five in the playoffs in the ninth to lose a WS spot and when we froze to death watching the offense and kicker implode in January, 1996.  After that, I said never again would I let a sports score get me depressed.  There's so many more important things in life and game outcomes don't change who I am or how I live.

My worst was either the day we layed the Seahawks and Dave Krieg launched a hail mary to Paul Skanski that beat us on the last play of the game OR the 1971 Christmas day game against the Dolphins. I don't cry over football games but I did those days.

Archived