• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The speculation is that Allbrights sources are on drugs due to the reported money. The report said multi year deal over 20 million. Since you aren't gonna sign a 32 year old guard to a 4 year deal, I'm sure Mathis was referring to le 20 mill over 2-3 years

I don't know how credible he is, but Marty MacDonald reported a couple of hours ago that the rumor is that Mathis has agreed to a deal with the Chiefs....fingers crossed

He was referring to the contract numbers.

The Chiefs are short manned, but they also want to take a look at the progress of players that have not had playing time. That is what you do in the preseason. The third game is usually the game coaches like to play starters a little longer. You have to consider it to be successful if no one is seriously injured in the process. The Chiefs have some injuries, but nothing too serious. Looking around the league, you have Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin with an ACL injury, J Thomas with a broken hand, White has a stress fracture, and Pouncey broke his ankle. Every game you risk a serious injury to players. Dee Ford took a cheap shot to the ribs in a meaningless game. He has suffered a concussion, and a broken/dislocated rib in back to back preseason games. Fisher had a left high ankle sprain suffered in practice, when 300 pound Allen Bailey fell on it awkwardly. Jeff Allen had a mild sprain of the MCL. None of these are season ending, and all players should be ready to go on opening day. 

The Chiefs do have to look at Mathis. I do believe they have made a contact, and may have even made an initial offer. Other than not being able to develop synchronicity on the offensive line, the Chiefs will not be harmed by these current injuries. Making choices between what is best now and what is better in the long term is subjective, and thank God I don't have that pressure. Dorsey will make that decision. It is not as black and white as many fans may think. 

Both Beadles and Levitre have fallen off. Is it due to a mid career swoon, or is it something a little more serious? Beadles may want to return to Denver. Levitre is still battling it out. 

Geoff Schwartz left KC for a bigger, long term deal with NY. He was out most of last season, and may be out this year as well. As certain we may be, this thing is still a crap shot. 

Mathis doesn't solve our problems. Pass. We need a RT. Fanaika looked really bad. At least LDT is on the rise, Fanaika is bad and pushing 30. I keep LDT.

Stephenson will start at RT and fisher at left. We need a star lineman

Levitre is physically finished and Beadles is just a body.

One thing to keep in mind is a lot of teams are struggling with their lines so far so any decent body left wil get snatched quick.

I got a feeling that the Chiefs stay where they are at roster wise. Allen slides back to RG and Stephenson goes in at RT.

Levitre is physically finished and Beadles is just a body.

One thing to keep in mind is a lot of teams are struggling with their lines so far so any decent body left wil get snatched quick.

I got a feeling that the Chiefs stay where they are at roster wise. Allen slides back to RG and Stephenson goes in at RT.

Agree

Why do you even support the Chiefs you bitch about every move and most of the players. The Doncos wont win this year and they are banking on oldies.

I do very little complaining and certainly no more than others. Why do you care anyway? Its a forum to express opinion. Maybe you can find a politically correct place to vent somewhere else..

Why do you even support the Chiefs you bitch about every move and most of the players. The Doncos wont win this year and they are banking on oldies.

I know you're not going to believe this, but for once I totally agree with you.  :lol:

nonsense or not if the line plays as bad as last year forget it...the chiefs can try 15 times a game to go deep and open it up and it will simply not happen..takes time for receivers to run their routes and 2.0 seconds won't cut it..let alone alex running for his life 80% of the time..

nonsense or not if the line plays as bad as last year forget it...the chiefs can try 15 times a game to go deep and open it up and it will simply not happen..takes time for receivers to run their routes and 2.0 seconds won't cut it..let alone alex running for his life 80% of the time..

That was an inside joke between Chiefsfan63 and me.

Archived