• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dhitter

I think the frustration level is bubbling a little higher with some than others. I understand it. My oldest son was born in 1993. I raised him to be a Chiefs fan and he is most definitely a die hard fan. He never misses a game but also he has never witnessed the Chiefs win a playoff game. He is now 22 and married and has a son of his own. Who wouldn't get a little frustrated?

Be honest....how many of you old timers like me...who watched the Chiefs beat the Houston Oilers with Montana as our QB, thought you would be sitting here in 2015 without another single playoff win on the resume? We had a decent season last year. Winning record. Beat both Super Bowl teams. Team sack record by Houston. It's not enough. Some fans are satisfied with the Chiefs just being competitive...I want a playoff win. I don't think that is too much to ask. 

I think the frustration level is bubbling a little higher with some than others. I understand it. My oldest son was born in 1993. I raised him to be a Chiefs fan and he is most definitely a die hard fan. He never misses a game but also he has never witnessed the Chiefs win a playoff game. He is now 22 and married and has a son of his own. Who wouldn't get a little frustrated?

Be honest....how many of you old timers like me...who watched the Chiefs beat the Houston Oilers with Montana as our QB, thought you would be sitting here in 2015 without another single playoff win on the resume? We had a decent season last year. Winning record. Beat both Super Bowl teams. Team sack record by Houston. It's not enough. Some fans are satisfied with the Chiefs just being competitive...I want a playoff win. I don't think that is too much to ask. 

There are a lot of reasons.  Of course, last year, we had a ridiculous amount of important injuries to key players and still won 9 games.  We have had insufficient depth to overcome injuries since the days of Marty.  Now, we have the best depth I have seen since the days of Hank Stram. Our coaches and front office are the best in many decades.  We now have continuity in both those things for three years, also a rarity for us or any team for that matter.  But I think the main reason we have not had a playoff victory since then was quite simply the inability to win the division.  This happened when Peyton Manning came to the Broncos. We all knew it when that happened. When that happened, we knew we were in for a long drought.  But even Manning gets old as we knew he would.  He just cannot move around or throw as well as he needs to anymore.  His knowledge counts for a lot, but cannot beat father time.  That franchise has relied on his remarkable abilities for so long, that it has forgotten how to construct a championship team without it.  I don't care whether the Broncos sign Mathis or not.  The Broncos are beginning their long night of disappointment.  It may be obvious this year, or he may work his miracles a little longer. Without Clady, I have a feeling it will be very tough for him this year, Mathis or not. When that total team philosophy built around Manning finally collapses, they will have to start from scratch.  Oakland will win the division before Denver does again.  The Chiefs are going to rule for quite some time.  We have all the pieces.

I am embarrassed to admit it but I didn't become a Chiefs fan until 1993. I was a 49er fan and when they traded Montana I said to myself I will never be a 49er fan again and it was fitting that I became a Chiefs fan. That year in wild card playoffs the comeback with the pass in the end zone to Tim Barnett on 4 and goal, I can still here the commentator saying "Montana Magic if you didn't believe before you believe now". Does anyone know that Montana had not thrown a TD pass in the 4th quarter the entire year until that pass to tie the score. I still say to this day if Montana doesn't get knocked out of the Buffalo game the Chiefs win that game and the Superbowl.

I am embarrassed to admit it but I didn't become a Chiefs fan until 1993. I was a 49er fan and when they traded Montana I said to myself I will never be a 49er fan again and it was fitting that I became a Chiefs fan. That year in wild card playoffs the comeback with the pass in the end zone to Tim Barnett on 4 and goal, I can still here the commentator saying "Montana Magic if you didn't believe before you believe now". Does anyone know that Montana had not thrown a TD pass in the 4th quarter the entire year until that pass to tie the score. I still say to this day if Montana doesn't get knocked out of the Buffalo game the Chiefs win that game and the Superbowl.

Agree!

Evan Mathis said he wanted to go to Denver because he thought they represented the best chance to get a ring. Well, let's just spoil those wishes. I think Mathis was going to Denver from the start, and was using everyone else in order to test the market. He signed a one year contract for $4M, which was less than he wanted. He wanted 2 to 3 years for $5 M per season. 

Mathis is a very good player, and he helps a deficiency on the Denver OL. This makes the Chiefs' task harder. They now have two very good Guards. What they lack are two tackles and a Center. Maybe Poe can be ready by the Denver game, and push their Center into Peyton so hard, he has to start his retirement early.  

Evan Mathis said he wanted to go to Denver because he thought they represented the best chance to get a ring. Well, let's just spoil those wishes. I think Mathis was going to Denver from the start, and was using everyone else in order to test the market. He signed a one year contract for $4M, which was less than he wanted. He wanted 2 to 3 years for $5 M per season. 

Mathis is a very good player, and he helps a deficiency on the Denver OL. This makes the Chiefs' task harder. They now have two very good Guards. What they lack are two tackles and a Center. Maybe Poe can be ready by the Denver game, and push their Center into Peyton so hard, he has to start his retirement early.  

Poe may be ready by then and do just that.  But even if he doesn't, we have the rushers to get around those tackles.  Manning will step up, but not without giving up the deep ball.  Our safeties will take care of the rest.

summed up my feelings and history perfectly..

Poe may be ready by then and do just that.  But even if he doesn't, we have the rushers to get around those tackles.  Manning will step up, but not without giving up the deep ball.  Our safeties will take care of the rest.

yea I believe howard and capatano both will play very well..

I say bring it on. I want the Chiefs to win against their best anyway. If the Chiefs are to win it all they must do so against the best. 

Archived