• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• 2 weeks later...

The Miami Herald says the Dolphins are inclined to pay free agent G Evan Mathis less than half of the $5.5 million he is seeking.
Mathis complained about his contract in Philly, requesting a new deal or trade. It resulted in him getting released two months ago and he remains on the street. Now Mathis and agent Drew Rosenhaus are just hoping they can recoup the $5.5 million they were scheduled to get from the Eagles.

Seriously. KC step up and sign this guy at this price! I watched the guys last year. Not good. Make last years guys depth.

Evan Mathis just isn't worth 5.5 or more and it's really simple as that. Nobody wanted to trade for his contract and they don't want to pay it now.

It's in teams best interests to make him sweat it out in hopes he caves on the demand. He also has an interest in skipping camp for once to rest and sit back and just maybe a team loses their LG for the year and get real desperate for his services.

He's maybe worth a one year rental around 2-3 mil.

This may not be it, but the Chiefs could be looking at the future as much as winning now. Bringing in Mathis may mean giving up on someone else. There are only so many spots on the roster. I actually think LDT is on the bubble, but may have the talent to be a very good starter in the NFL for some time. He is so far behind, but from what I have seen, he actually looks much better this season. He was really disappointing last year as he looked lost and out of place. This time, he seems to have a better idea of how to play, and he is just so big and strong. The man is a mountain. If he does put it together, he could end up being very good.

This may not be it, but the Chiefs could be looking at the future as much as winning now. Bringing in Mathis may mean giving up on someone else. There are only so many spots on the roster. I actually think LDT is on the bubble, but may have the talent to be a very good starter in the NFL for some time. He is so far behind, but from what I have seen, he actually looks much better this season. He was really disappointing last year as he looked lost and out of place. This time, he seems to have a better idea of how to play, and he is just so big and strong. The man is a mountain. If he does put it together, he could end up being very good.

Its interesting how we see guys as great potential and we dont want to loose them. Doesnt take long and we are cursing them. I remember not enjoying watching that line last year. Was amazed Charles could get any yardage. I dont want to experience that again. They were not good. LDT is likely destined for mediocrity.

This article points out my frustrations last year. It's not getting bull rushed into the QB. It's Hudson and McGlynn or Hudson and Fulton letting guys go in unblocked. I saw plays where 2 guys jumped one guy and let the other run free. Or worse 2 guys jumped no one and 2 guys ran through untouched.

Experience at LG will help. Fulton being in his second year will help. Morse gets some time to get on the NFL page. I think we struggle early, but settle in and play much better.

I hope for very few stunts and inside blitzs early on.

This article points out my frustrations last year. It's not getting bull rushed into the QB. It's Hudson and McGlynn or Hudson and Fulton letting guys go in unblocked. I saw plays where 2 guys jumped one guy and let the other run free. Or worse 2 guys jumped no one and 2 guys ran through untouched.

Experience at LG will help. Fulton being in his second year will help. Morse gets some time to get on the NFL page. I think we struggle early, but settle in and play much better.

I hope for very few stunts and inside blitzs early on.

Me too!

The speculation is that Allbrights sources are on drugs due to the reported money. The report said multi year deal over 20 million. Since you aren't gonna sign a 32 year old guard to a 4 year deal, I'm sure Mathis was referring to le 20 mill over 2-3 years

I don't know how credible he is, but Marty MacDonald reported a couple of hours ago that the rumor is that Mathis has agreed to a deal with the Chiefs....fingers crossed

As bad as LDT looked, he still has the potential to be good. He is probably a year away from being at an NFL level. He allows the opponent to get under his pads. He needs to get lower, and more physical. It is all technique issues that can be fixed. He should not be trusted to play this year, but what do you do? If you place him on the practice team some team will pick him up. The Chiefs have one whole year into this development. It will be wasted if they let him go. It may come down to winning now or developing a player to win later. 

Stephenson is better at LT than RT. We really don't know enough about Allen because he didn't play at RT long enough to provide any answers. Grubbs is solid. Kush is still getting tossed around, but looks good enough to keep as a back up. Morse is playing like a rookie who is learning a new position. He gets too high, and does not have the leverage he needs. The Center position may end up being better, but right now it is a weakness. Right Guard is a sore spot too. 

The Chiefs will have to make some difficult decisions on the line. To this day, after seeing him play, I cannot fathom why the Chiefs paid so much money to bring in Paul Fanaika. I am not impressed. 

Archived