It looked as if Grubbs got beat pretty bad by Jaye Howard on one play today. Its preseason, and they are practicing indoors. There is not much to tell so far. We will get a better angle in a little while. Right now they are just knocking some rust off. Its too early. 

No sense in bitching about Fisher. It's not like he is going to get worse. We are 20-13 with him playing on the o-line. He's going to be there for a while and we can win with him. Go back and look at the 2013 draft. We got the best player out of the first twelve picks for sure. Furthermore, Green Bay never has a great offensive line. Theirs has been pretty much on par with ours for a while. Including when Dorsey was there and they won a Superbowl. I'm not sure why people have so many high o-line expectations every year. 

No sense in bitching about Fisher. It's not like he is going to get worse. We are 20-13 with him playing on the o-line. He's going to be there for a while and we can win with him. Go back and look at the 2013 draft. We got the best player out of the first twelve picks for sure. Furthermore, Green Bay never has a great offensive line. Theirs has been pretty much on par with ours for a while. Including when Dorsey was there and they won a Superbowl. I'm not sure why people have so many high o-line expectations every year. 

Because we were spoiled by the olines we had under Vermeil.

Because we do not have Aaron Rogers or Farve. Our guys need more time.

Because we do not have Aaron Rogers or Farve. Our guys need more time.

No, we run a west coast offense that is made up of quick timing routes. He doesn't need more time. Sometimes he just needs to pull the trigger. 

No, we run a west coast offense that is made up of quick timing routes. He doesn't need more time. Sometimes he just needs to pull the trigger.

For the most part, he pulls the trigger on short or quick timing routes but when we want deeper passes, sometimes he needs more time, sometime he needs to pull the trigger, and rarely did we have someone fast out of the gates that could be deep on a quick release.

So you are saying that Rogers or Farve, in his day, would not make the Chiefs better? :wub:

For the most part, he pulls the trigger on short or quick timing routes but when we want deeper passes, sometimes he needs more time, sometime he needs to pull the trigger, and rarely did we have someone fast out of the gates that could be deep on a quick release.

How far do you think Alex can throw it? Even if he had five seconds he couldn't throw it 60 yards.   :lol:

When we do throw it deep, it's not going to be that deep. Like you said, it will be more about the receiver getting a quick release on a streak. 

So you are saying that Rogers or Farve, in his day, would not make the Chiefs better? :wub:

No, I am saying that if it wasn't a priority to build a great offensive line around those Hall of Fame QBs then it won't be for Alex Smith either. 

How far do you think Alex can throw it? Even if he had five seconds he couldn't throw it 60 yards.   :lol:

No, I am saying that if it wasn't a priority to build a great offensive line around those Hall of Fame QBs then it won't be for Alex Smith either. 

How do you know they were not trying? Speculation? Bad line = , Sacks, Turnovers and injuries. I think they have very good lines most of the time. They still need time to pass and stretch the field.

How far do you think Alex can throw it? Even if he had five seconds he couldn't throw it 60 yards. :lol:

When we do throw it deep, it's not going to be that deep. Like you said, it will be more about the receiver getting a quick release on a streak.

According to Alex, he can throw 65 to 70 yards if he has room. That's where the ball hits the ground versus waist height, maybe? And not the fastest velocity. I think every quarterback can throw that far at least, maybe not Tebow. Just kidding.

There is nothing wrong with the strength of Alex Smith's arm. His problem is his accuracy on longer passes. That could be partly due to a communication problem with the receivers or perhaps poorly run routes. My guess is it is a mixed bag. Either way, we will find out. Maclin runs good routes. We should not judge right away, but if by the middle of the season Alex Smith still does not improve his accuracy then we will know its likely on the QB. 

Anyone who can heave the ball 60 yards is good enough. I cannot recall his mph on his fastball, but I believe it was above 55mph. He has enough mustard on the ball. That ball does not loop in there. Kaepernick threw it 59 mph, and was one of four with the best fastball until this year. Logan slung it 60 mph, and stands alone in that category. 

Benjamin Albright had a study that showed no quarterback had success in the NFL who was not capable of throwing at least 54 mph. All I know is Alex Smith was not below that number, and that is all that seems to matter to me. 

Hop many NFL completions have the receiver actually catching the ball 60 yards down the field? Look at some SF Smith highlights. Get them open, give him time and we will see some results. I would like to see them at least chuck the ball 50+ if for no other reason than to stretch the field and put it in the Safeties mind.

Baseball has scouting reports. I wonder what other teams say about Smiths arm in their scouting reports?

Archived