Poe Out For The Year

Back Surgery per Roto World. It was fun while we dreamed.. Some teams are snake bit. Chiefs define that. 

The dream defense just became very average. Would have been nice to at least see it for a game or two. KC gets injuries at the start of the season like no other team. Charles out game one. Etc. Snake bit for sure.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiefs NT Dontari Poe (back surgery) could return "early" in the season.
The Kansas City Star's Terez A. Paylor initially tweeted that Poe had a "reasonable chance" to return at the "end of the season," but has corrected his error. It's definitely good news, but the Chiefs' own website has already reported that Poe will sit out all of camp. There's a good chance he could begin the year on the reserve/PUP list, costing him six games. Jaye Howard will fill in for however long Poe is sidelined.

Well this sounds a little better.

Step away from the ledge folks. I had this surgery twice in my late 30s and I was back to normal in 5 weeks. I betcha him being in his 20s and having much better care/treatment than I had exposure to gets him back ready for action in less than 2 months.

Step away from the ledge folks. I had this surgery twice in my late 30s and I was back to normal in 5 weeks. I betcha him being in his 20s and having much better care/treatment than I had exposure to gets him back ready for action in less than 2 months.

^

This

Step away from the ledge folks. I had this surgery twice in my late 30s and I was back to normal in 5 weeks. I betcha him being in his 20s and having. much better care/treatment than I had exposure to gets him back ready for action in less than 2 months.

Thanks Gil. I agree and for a fat guy Poe takes good care of himself. I bet he starts week one

Well the latest reports are much more encouraging than the first. Better now than say week 1. It gives other guys, rookies,  a long look and a chance to prepare.  Poe should be fresh for the second half and potentially playoffs.

Guest okiechief1

i musta missed that one..thanx SEMO. I listen to Sports talk a lot but never had i heard about this. Good cover up from 1 Arrowhead drive?

Is the is Poe's last year before FA?

We picked up his 5th year option at the end of April so we have him for this year and next and then a FA in 2017.

I do think he will be back by the time we play Denver on Thursday what concerns me is back injuries on a 350lb man can tend to linger especially with the amount we use him. So I really hope he doesn't lose some of his effectiveness nor miss a game here or there due to this.

Archived