Marcus Peters

Yeah...well. It seems if you read much NFL news now is the time that we see the first wave of injuries and also who is "turning heads" in camp. I remember Jonathan Baldwin making spectacular catch each day it seemed when he was in camp....hmmm. To me the injuries are more relevant. Training camp, though a necessary evil, to me is a push. A defender makes a good play means a receiver maybe made a bad play...or a QB. Houston busts through the line to get to the QB...maybe means our Oline is not protecting. 

That is why I can't wait for the preseason to start. Put our guys up against theirs and lets see what we look like.

I think KC picked him up after his release from SF. They may regret letting him go. :wub: We will likely be letting talent go this year like SF did that season. Deep roster at DB.

Yes and Cooper came out of the blocks strong in 2013 but seemed to regress as the season went on. Got NFL rewind and looked at all the games last year and it seemed like Cooper had more than his fair share of getting owned by a receiver. If he is cut I don't see it as too much of a loss.

Yes and Cooper came out of the blocks strong in 2013 but seemed to regress as the season went on. Got NFL rewind and looked at all the games last year and it seemed like Cooper had more than his fair share of getting owned by a receiver. If he is cut I don't see it as too much of a loss.

He was virtually benched after that TD he gave up against Stevie Johnson. 

Smith

Gaines

Peters

Nelson

Flemming

Cooper

I think we'll keep six corners and four safeties. We'll only keep a couple of back up o-linemen. That's why we took a guy like Morse in the second round. He can play multiple positions on the line. 

Smith

Gaines

Peters

Nelson

Flemming

Cooper

I think we'll keep six corners and four safeties. We'll only keep a couple of back up o-linemen. That's why we took a guy like Morse in the second round. He can play multiple positions on the line. 

Don't think so.  Remember, they have Parker, who while not a great corner can still play the position better than Cooper.  If Parker has to fill in at corner, Abdullah can slide right into Parker's spot.

Smith

Gaines

Peters

Fleming

Nelson

Berry

Parker

Abdullah

Branch

They might keep Cooper for the games that Smith in on suspension, though.

Probably true, but Gaines should get the corner job until Smith serves out his suspension.

Absolutely.

Until we can have both Smith and Peters outside and 100%, we are going to have some problems with the big physical receivers.  Most of it can be neutralized by our pass rush, but the first three games without Smith and with Poe out are going to be  a bit difficult on several key pass plays per game.  I am hoping that the offense will be better at least enough to outweigh that. I think it will.  

DeAndre Hopkins, Cecil Shorts, and Nate Washington are going to be a handful in the opening game against Houston. 

Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders (if healthy), and anyone else Manning can coach up will be a challenge against Denver. 

Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams will be hard to cover against Green Bay. 

Hopkins, Thomas, and Nelson will be the match up challenges. Hopkins is big, but plays even bigger. Thomas is always tough, and goes 6'3" 230. Finally Nelson measures 6'3" 217 lbs. 

DeAndre Hopkins, Cecil Shorts, and Nate Washington are going to be a handful in the opening game against Houston. 

Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders (if healthy), and anyone else Manning can coach up will be a challenge against Denver. 

Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams will be hard to cover against Green Bay. 

Hopkins, Thomas, and Nelson will be the match up challenges. Hopkins is big, but plays even bigger. Thomas is always tough, and goes 6'3" 230. Finally Nelson measures 6'3" 217 lbs. 

Well, all we have to do is score more points than they do :lol:

Wow, that was information that we would never have known. :D :D

A team can score the most points in history for a season and get a first seed in the playoffs and the zero wide receiver touchdown would still be an issue. So points don't matter. I am semi-serious because we were like 5th to 9th in points scored in 2013 and the only star offensively I saw out there was being low in pass yards. We were high in time of possession (sign of efficiency and running) and third down conversions were high in the "absent" offense of our 9-0 team.

Archived