2015 Kansas City Chiefs Prediction Thread

I think that the Chiefs will finish anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. I am going to give you the wins and losses for the Chiefs if they do finish at 11-5, which is the best I think they can do this year.

Wins: Houston, Denver, Chicago, Minnesota, Pittsburg or Detroit, San Diego x2, Oakland x2, Buffalo, Cleveland

Losses: Green Bay, Cincinnati, Pittsburg or Detroit, Denver, Baltimore

I think that 5-1 in the division this year is very well possible. If we can get offensive production this year, we could beat Denver at least once. The Chiefs could win either the Pittsburg game or the Detroit game this year, but I would guess that it would be Pittsburg that we beat since Detroit is in London. This year we are playing a lot of the tougher teams on the road, while Denver has those teams at home. I think that this could give Denver an advantage over us in the division, since they get teams like Green Bay, Baltimore, and Cincinnati at home, while we have them on the road. If we can play good on the road this year though, I think that we will be able to pull out a division title over Denver this season, especially with an aging Peyton Womanning. I do think that we could get a playoff win this year, but we can't fall apart at the end of the season like we have the last two seasons. We'll be able to know more after the preseason, but for now, I think that this could be the outlook on the season for the Chiefs.

I think that the Chiefs will finish anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. I am going to give you the wins and losses for the Chiefs if they do finish at 11-5, which is the best I think they can do this year.

Wins: Houston, Denver, Chicago, Minnesota, Pittsburg or Detroit, San Diego x2, Oakland x2, Buffalo, Cleveland

Losses: Green Bay, Cincinnati, Pittsburg or Detroit, Denver, Baltimore

I think that 5-1 in the division this year is very well possible. If we can get offensive production this year, we could beat Denver at least once. The Chiefs could win either the Pittsburg game or the Detroit game this year, but I would guess that it would be Pittsburg that we beat since Detroit is in London. This year we are playing a lot of the tougher teams on the road, while Denver has those teams at home. I think that this could give Denver an advantage over us in the division, since they get teams like Green Bay, Baltimore, and Cincinnati at home, while we have them on the road. If we can play good on the road this year though, I think that we will be able to pull out a division title over Denver this season, especially with an aging Peyton Womanning. I do think that we could get a playoff win this year, but we can't fall apart at the end of the season like we have the last two seasons. We'll be able to know more after the preseason, but for now, I think that this could be the outlook on the season for the Chiefs.

I think playing the harder teams on the road could be better sometimes because those are more likely losses at home than easier teams. If the likely losses are on the road, the home games are more certain. If we play a team that we should beat but on on the road, the road might cause that to be a loss. I think that's more likely than a team we should lose to be a beating at home. Having said that, there's not a team out there that we can't beat, home or away or in London. Last year showed that there wasn't a team we couldn't lose to either.

I think playing the harder teams on the road could be better sometimes because those are more likely losses at home than easier teams. If the likely losses are on the road, the home games are more certain. If we play a team that we should beat but on on the road, the road might cause that to be a loss. I think that's more likely than a team we should lose to be a beating at home. Having said that, there's not a team out there that we can't beat, home or away or in London. Last year showed that there wasn't a team we couldn't lose to either.

I think the other way.  The Chiefs have won over top teams in Arrowhead but seldom on the road.  Green Bay a few years ago and Seattle/New England last season are the first examples that come to mind.  Losses on the road to inferior teams, like Oakland last year, are what scares me.

10-6 or 9-7 would be my guess for now.

I think they will go anywhere between 0-16 to 16-0. The only reason I say that is because its way to early to make any rational prediction. After a few pre-season games then I will guess.

Pre Season is also not a good indicator. We get into Vanilla Conversations. :unsure: This is our year to catch some breaks. Hard for any NFL team to beat another 7 in a row. So odds are we beat Manning Week 2. No science just law of averages.

I feel like we're looking at another 11-5 season with a meaningless week seventeen game. Assuming that all of the key players can remain healthy, here's my tentative pick 'em:

Week 1 @ Houston: W

Week 2 vs. Broncos: W

Week 3 @ Green Bay: L

Week 4 @ Cincinnati: W

Week 5 vs. Bears: W

Week 6 @ Minnesota: L

Week 7 vs. Steelers: W

Week 8 vs. Lions: L

Week 10 @ Denver: L

Week 11 @ San Diego: W

Week 12 vs. Bills: W

Week 13 @ Oakland: W

Week 14 vs. Chargers: W

Week 15 @ Baltimore: L

Week 16 vs. Browns: W

Week 17 vs. Raiders: W

I reserve the right to be more optimistic once I see some evidence that Alex Smith gets a pocket to throw from and the defense can hold up in the middle without Dontari Poe. The first half of this schedule is brutal, but at least the Chiefs get to host the Thursday Night game.

I think they will go anywhere between 0-16 to 16-0. The only reason I say that is because its way to early to make any rational prediction. After a few pre-season games then I will guess.

I will do you one better: somewhere between 1-15 and 15-1. 2-14 to 14-2 is accurate, too.

9-7 with a loss in London to the Lions costing them a playoff berth.

Clark Hunt is blasted all offseason for the decision, although beyond his control, and the Chiefs never trade home games for neutral ones again.

I do believe he had control over making that decision, but I feel that his faith in the league is misguided, though I don't trust that a refusal wouldn't lead to hard-to-prove retaliation from the league, and the reward of hosting a Super Bowl is not a goal of mine. All I see is the lost home game, even though objectively, there is some gain in hosting.

I do believe he had control over making that decision, but I feel that his faith in the league is misguided, though I don't trust that a refusal wouldn't lead to hard-to-prove retaliation from the league, and the reward of hosting a Super Bowl is not a goal of mine. All I see is the lost home game, even though objectively, there is some gain in hosting.

I really do not like his decision. Big Time dislike. Maybe the league will give Chief Season Ticket Holders a free trip to see the game or cash? :angry:

Pretty sure every NFL team will eventually have to host a game in England. It's just too bad we didn't pick a time they were shitty, like 2012.

NFL Senior Analyst Gil Brandt predicted that the Chiefs will win the AFC West this year. That should be worth something. When you read the article, you quickly realize just how many of the Chiefs' key players weren't able to contribute at 100% in 2014.

I will say this: Gil Brandt didn't mention Dave Toub, whose special teams unit contributed directly to the Chiefs' loss in San Francisco, and was definitely the weakest link in multiple games last year. Toub's unit needs to play like a Top-Ten unit, not like a Bottom-Ten unit. There's never any excuse for twelve men on the field, and there were a lot of game-changing mistakes that unit made that were correctable by coaching.

Archived