2015 Kansas City Chiefs Prediction Thread

NFL Senior Analyst Gil Brandt predicted that the Chiefs will win the AFC West this year. That should be worth something. When you read the article, you quickly realize just how many of the Chiefs' key players weren't able to contribute at 100% in 2014.

I will say this: Gil Brandt didn't mention Dave Toub, whose special teams unit contributed directly to the Chiefs' loss in San Francisco, and was definitely the weakest link in multiple games last year. Toub's unit needs to play like a Top-Ten unit, not like a Bottom-Ten unit. There's never any excuse for twelve men on the field, and there were a lot of game-changing mistakes that unit made that were correctable by coaching.

This article deserves its own thread. I agree completely with his analysis. 

Absolutely impossible.  As always, it depends on injuries which no one can predict.  That being said, their depth is really improved thanks to Dorsey.  The O-line will be the key.  I am only giving a range:

Somewhere from 8-8 to 12-4.   If good luck and bad luck balance out, I'm going with 10-6 and a playoff spot.

Holy smokes that's a big range, but point well taken. Charles and Mac go down. Charles and Smith go Down. Houston and Hali go down. The loss of 2 players can change 12-4 to 8-8, easily.

Yep.  But the other factor is coaching.  I think we have one of the best coaches and staffs.  So, if injuries all are average, 11-5 may be closer to the truth than 10-6.

Holy smokes that's a big range, but point well taken. Charles and Mac go down. Charles and Smith go Down. Houston and Hali go down. The loss of 2 players can change 12-4 to 8-8, easily.

Which Smith? There are a lot of games on the schedule where I would predict a loss instead of a win simply because of Smith's demonstrated ability to manage the game as opposed to Daniel's or Murray's lack thereof. The swing in wins vs. losses would be a whole lot more than four games if Alex Smith were to miss most of the season.

Which Smith? There are a lot of games on the schedule where I would predict a loss instead of a win simply because of Smith's demonstrated ability to manage the game as opposed to Daniel's or Murray's lack thereof. The swing in wins vs. losses would be a whole lot more than four games if Alex Smith were to miss most of the season.

No doubt. I meant Alex. Although, it's hard to say on paper. On paper, it's was a blow to the Pats when Bledsoe went down. You just never know in this game. That is part of what makes it so exciting. I look at the Houston game and think they have no QB. But an unknown can blow up over night.

I think they will go anywhere between 0-16 to 16-0. The only reason I say that is because its way to early to make any rational prediction. After a few pre-season games then I will guess.

No way Chiefs go 0-16 or 16-0! If you believe either is a genuine possibility PM me...I have a land deal I'd like to talk to you about.

• 4 months later...

Archived