I Believe THIS is the Chiefs O-Line

Guest Formerdb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to think that everyone passing means there is issues. Locker room, off the field, something beyond what I have heard. Jerry Jones doesn't care about character. Irvin, Sanders, Bryant, Hardy, Tank... That's his kind of player. Look for Ray Rice to land there.

I tend to think that everyone passing means there is issues. Locker room, off the field, something beyond what I have heard. Jerry Jones doesn't care about character. Irvin, Sanders, Bryant, Hardy, Tank... That's his kind of player. Look for Ray Rice to land there.

exactly winning fixes lots of bs

How many championships has Dallas won in the last 20 years?  The problem about taking people with character issues is that everyone and their twin aunt in an organization works to win a championship.  Then around game 13, some knucklehead who is crucial to the team beats up his girlfriend or gets a DUI, and is suddenly suspended, wiping out all hope for a championship. It is unfair to all the other players and coaches who have worked their asses off.  It is unfair to the fan base.  It is unfair even to the sports journalists who have stuck their opinionated neck out about who is the best team.

What owner in their right mind would want their fortunes and their fortune in money jeopardized by having a star who is prone to suddenly being suspended. It simply adds an unacceptable level of uncertainty to everyone in an organization and a city. If it happens out of the blue, it is one thing.  But if it is due to a team turning their eyes away from a players past issues or not investigating for such issues, then someone needs not only to be fired, but to have their head paraded around on a pike.

How many championships has Dallas won in the last 20 years?  The problem about taking people with character issues is that everyone and their twin aunt in an organization works to win a championship.  Then around game 13, some knucklehead who is crucial to the team beats up his girlfriend or gets a DUI, and is suddenly suspended, wiping out all hope for a championship. It is unfair to all the other players and coaches who have worked their asses off.  It is unfair to the fan base.  It is unfair even to the sports journalists who have stuck their opinionated neck out about who is the best team.

What owner in their right mind would want their fortunes and their fortune in money jeopardized by having a star who is prone to suddenly being suspended. It simply adds an unacceptable level of uncertainty to everyone in an organization and a city. If it happens out of the blue, it is one thing.  But if it is due to a team turning their eyes away from a players past issues or not investigating for such issues, then someone needs not only to be fired, but to have their head paraded around on a pike. A guy with his talent who is not drafted at all obviously has issues of some kind.

Per Roto World    Cowboys LG La’El Collins could see some first-team reps in practice this week.
Ronald Leary has been getting the first-team left guard reps for most of training camp. The Cowboys could start to give Collins more looks after his dominant preseason debut. Collins remains unlikely to overtake Leary before Week 1.
Related: Ronald Leary

No Character Issues so far.

I liked the play of the line tonight.  Farther along than I expected.  Seemed like both Smith and Daniels had time to make plays compared to last year. When Jamaal gets in there and has to be accounted for, there will be even more time.

The thing that most impressed me is the way our second and third teams beat the hell out of theirs.  This must mean that Dorsey has built great depth.  The "next man up" will be able to do very well with an injury at almost any possession. 

Anyone still worried about Cairo Santos?  Charcandrik West was phenomenal.  If he learns to pass protect, he can become a top tier RB in the NFL. 

Are we seriously suggesting Smith regressed in the off-season? Based on a preseason game?

Regressed? How do you regress without progressing first?

He was throwing it for 3 yards on 3rd and 5, like he normally does. He got skittish and took off on his run instead of stepping up in the pocket to make his throw.

It's the same old shit. Oh and throwing his shoulder out to make a tackle in a meaningless game could have been a real disaster.

Defense I'm not really concerned about, but you would like to see more pressure up front without blitzing.

Regressed? How do you regress without progressing first?

He was throwing it for 3 yards on 3rd and 5, like he normally does. He got skittish and took off on his run instead of stepping up in the pocket to make his throw.

It's the same old ****. Oh and throwing his shoulder out to make a tackle in a meaningless game could have been a real disaster.

Defense I'm not really concerned about, but you would like to see more pressure up front without blitzing.

Out of 30 teams that have played a preseason game in 2015, 15 of them have averaged fewer than 2 sacks a game (including the Steelers, who played in the Hall of Fame game). Let's not argue that the Chiefs have lost their ability to pressure quarterbacks based on a vanilla 3-4 defense.

Your "progressing" comment about Alex Smith is disrespectful, uninformed, and altogether ridiculous. Smith's job is to run the plays called so that the staff can evaluate talent. He's a cerebral quarterback, not a physical quarterback, and therefore vanilla doesn't exactly cater to his skill set. You also contradict yourself: You criticize Smith for abandoning the pocket when one blitzing defender comes in almost untouched and is at Smith 1.8 seconds after the snap (there were five pass rushers on the play against seven Chiefs in protection, meaning that there were three players to throw to against six defenders in the secondary, and Smith has no spot to throw from), but then you criticize Smith for making a tackle following a turnover. Which way do you want it? By the way, apparently Smith's lacerated spleen is healed.

Jeremy Maclin won't make much difference if the offensive line play is throughout the season as it was last night. I don't think last night's performance was a harbinger of things to come. It did provide plenty of solid evaluative material. I hope Jeff Allen can recover quickly from his knee injury.

I don't know what game you are watching, but the Offensive Line did the best it has in quite awhile.

Fisher finally started to look like a starting quality LT, Grubbs is a much better quality LG, Morse did well overall for his first game at a position he struggled with the most at MU, Fulton was okay and Stephenson did fine when he went in for the pile of glass named Jeff Allen.

The Canadian surgeon played great.

Stop making excuses for a subpar QB.

Some expect players to come out after 7 months of non real game action and play flawless. I thought these practice games were to get the rust off. 

Watching the first quarter. I see nothing glaring that KC needs to work on. A seem pass to the RB  executed well by AZ is no big deal. Sometimes the other team should get credit.

One pass thrown poor by Smith is no big deal.  Inability to run the ball maybe?

Team looks good.

The INT play, outside of Smith putting his shoulder at risk, was irrelevant.

Davis missed his pick up, Smith read the option Avant ran different and eh it's preseason and fuck it. He would of likely taken the sack in an actual game.

The rust should be gone for now considering guys have jobs to win.

Out of 30 teams that have played a preseason game in 2015, 15 of them have averaged fewer than 2 sacks a game (including the Steelers, who played in the Hall of Fame game). Let's not argue that the Chiefs have lost their ability to pressure quarterbacks based on a vanilla 3-4 defense.

Your "progressing" comment about Alex Smith is disrespectful, uninformed, and altogether ridiculous. Smith's job is to run the plays called so that the staff can evaluate talent. He's a cerebral quarterback, not a physical quarterback, and therefore vanilla doesn't exactly cater to his skill set. You also contradict yourself: You criticize Smith for abandoning the pocket when one blitzing defender comes in almost untouched and is at Smith 1.8 seconds after the snap (there were five pass rushers on the play against seven Chiefs in protection, meaning that there were three players to throw to against six defenders in the secondary, and Smith has no spot to throw from), but then you criticize Smith for making a tackle following a turnover. Which way do you want it? By the way, apparently Smith's lacerated spleen is healed.

Jeremy Maclin won't make much difference if the offensive line play is throughout the season as it was last night. I don't think last night's performance was a harbinger of things to come. It did provide plenty of solid evaluative material. I hope Jeff Allen can recover quickly from his knee injury.

Fantastic post.  You have the ability to find the PhataLerror in some of these impatient and aggravated posts.  Last night means zero.  The first team offense was functioning without Jamaal Charles (or Charcandrick West for that matter) and was absolutely vanilla.  Take away one box defender to account for Charles, and everything opens up.  Also, they didn't want to expose Kelce. He made his play, showing he is ready.  Then they wisely took him out of harm's way. The offensive line was just determined last week, and it always takes several games for the chemistry to develop on an O-line, and it was already better than last year.  I was pretty happy about last night, especially what the performance of the second team means for our depth. Dorsey was the hidden star last night.

March did well and will get one of the roster spots.  Wilson was just okay; would like to see him be more aggressive.

Here are a few things everyone can agree on:  The WR corp looks a hell lot better than 2014 and the Chiefs look great at RB.

As for the OLine, I think people should recognize how much the Cardinals annouce team was talking up on how stout Arizona is on the Dline.  Well, just how stout Arizona is in general on Defense.  They aren't a punk squad.

Archived