I Believe THIS is the Chiefs O-Line

Guest Formerdb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever LDT figures it out, he will be the best player at G. He is a mountain man, and has quick feet. I take that as a good sign. LDT always kills his opponent on one on ones. He played well at AZ. If this is his time, then there are no issues at G. Grubbs and LDT could be the answer. Mostly concerned about technique, and pass protection. He flat out flattens guys, and he is still raw. 

Whenever LDT figures it out, he will be the best player at G. He is a mountain man, and has quick feet. I take that as a good sign. LDT always kills his opponent on one on ones. He played well at AZ. If this is his time, then there are no issues at G. Grubbs and LDT could be the answer. Mostly concerned about technique, and pass protection. He flat out flattens guys, and he is still raw. 

LDT is one of my favorites!  After watching his college reel...I was like damn!!!

I hope he ends up as a starter...he'll kil it.

LDT is one of my favorites!  After watching his college reel...I was like damn!!!

I hope he ends up as a starter...he'll kil it.

Amazing skills and size. He had first round ability, but horrible technique. The good thing is he is smart. He was even rougher than I thought last year. This year, he has made huge strides. I believe he has a chance of starting at RG.  Maybe that is why the Chiefs did not go after Mathis. Grubbs has the LG spot covered. If LDT can hold down the RG, that will be huge. I was not impressed with Morse, but it was his first NFL game. I do think he will continue to improve, and expect him to do well at Center. Fisher really did not look nearly as bad as he did last year. He is much bigger. He still has problems with inside moves. He is not going to be as good as Brandon Albert. I just don't think it is within him. He can be good enough. The real issue could be RT and depth at Tackle. 

Amazing skills and size. He had first round ability, but horrible technique. The good thing is he is smart. He was even rougher than I thought last year. This year, he has made huge strides. I believe he has a chance of starting at RG. Maybe that is why the Chiefs did not go after Mathis. Grubbs has the LG spot covered. If LDT can hold down the RG, that will be huge. I was not impressed with Morse, but it was his first NFL game. I do think he will continue to improve, and expect him to do well at Center. Fisher really did not look nearly as bad as he did last year. He is much bigger. He still has problems with inside moves. He is not going to be as good as Brandon Albert. I just don't think it is within him. He can be good enough. The real issue could be RT and depth at Tackle.

I thought Stephenson looked good

Amazing skills and size. He had first round ability, but horrible technique. The good thing is he is smart. He was even rougher than I thought last year. This year, he has made huge strides. I believe he has a chance of starting at RG.  Maybe that is why the Chiefs did not go after Mathis. Grubbs has the LG spot covered. If LDT can hold down the RG, that will be huge. I was not impressed with Morse, but it was his first NFL game. I do think he will continue to improve, and expect him to do well at Center. Fisher really did not look nearly as bad as he did last year. He is much bigger. He still has problems with inside moves. He is not going to be as good as Brandon Albert. I just don't think it is within him. He can be good enough. The real issue could be RT and depth at Tackle. 

Duvernay-Tardiff (sp?) could be a dominating player.  But he is also going to go to medical school.  Having done that, I find it difficult to see how he can do both.  My son is a fine jazz bassist in KC, one of the first-call guys.  But he has independently decided he wants to go to med school and has been getting the grades in pre-med courses to get in on the sweat of his own brow, mostly at summer school at UMKC, after a few years since college as a professional musician.  He has emailed and talked to about four jazz players in the world who also do medicine and has gotten nice tips from them on how to do both.  But we'll see.  So far, no kids, which would help.  LDT, if he is as smart as they say, will choose med school over football, if it comes down to that.  Like most of us, he has a long term future to look at.  Making millions in football would keep him in football, but there are not that many who end up at that level.

No matter what a beast he is, it would be wise to keep that perspective.

You CAN go to graduate school while playing.  Jack Rudnay went to law school while being the Chiefs starting center.   I am not foolish enough to compare law school to med school.  I am sure med school is much harder.  But the discipline is the same.  If I can graduate law school ANYONE can.

You CAN go to graduate school while playing.  Jack Rudnay went to law school while being the Chiefs starting center.   I am not foolish enough to compare law school to med school.  I am sure med school is much harder.  But the discipline is the same.  If I can graduate law school ANYONE can.

You can go to the first two years of med school, which is courses, like law school.  But years 3-4 are rotations on the services of all the major divisions, including medicine, surgery, pediatrics, etc.  You have to be in the hospital on those services, doing rounds with the house staff (interns and residents and senior staff), doing physicals, writing reports and progress notes, having it all reviewed by staff, and spending about 12 hours per day. It is grueling and leaves little time to do anything but go home, eat, rest, and sleep.  Then you have a year of internship and 3-5 years of residency in whatever specialty.  At least you are getting paid for that, but not a whole lot.  Those post medical school years are even longer hours and harder.

Duvernay-Tardiff (sp?) could be a dominating player.  But he is also going to go to medical school.  Having done that, I find it difficult to see how he can do both.  My son is a fine jazz bassist in KC, one of the first-call guys.  But he has independently decided he wants to go to med school and has been getting the grades in pre-med courses to get in on the sweat of his own brow, mostly at summer school at UMKC, after a few years since college as a professional musician.  He has emailed and talked to about four jazz players in the world who also do medicine and has gotten nice tips from them on how to do both.  But we'll see.  So far, no kids, which would help.  LDT, if he is as smart as they say, will choose med school over football, if it comes down to that.  Like most of us, he has a long term future to look at.  Making millions in football would keep him in football, but there are not that many who end up at that level.

No matter what a beast he is, it would be wise to keep that perspective.

Smart is relative. My dad worked full time as a pharmacist, came home weekends to be with the family, finished #2 in his medical school class at Indiana, and his research helped redefine how we treat diabetes. I'm relatively smart. My sisters all finished college, and graduate school. We did alright. There is a whole other level of smart, and dedication that I have seen personally. Dr Carson, Dr Watson... this is a different level. Its almost exponential in levels of intelligence. Also, you can not overlook the ability to prioritize and the discipline to follow a task. I think you must have seen this in your career.  

I'll take a stab at trying to guess the line

LT: Fisher, Stephenson

LG: Grubbs, LDT

C: Morse, Kush

RG: Fulton, LDT

RT: Stephenson, Pughsley

That makes 8 people on the roster for the line and lots of flexibility incase of injury.

If Stephenson can continue to produce at RT like he did vs Arizona, Jeff Allen is toast.

I think they will give the roles to the best performers and Pughsley and the doctor have exceeded expectations the most. Morse did well considering the role change and the fact his last go at C was a total disaster.

I actually think ldt could possibly bounce Fulton out for the starting role at RG.

I'll take a stab at trying to guess the line

LT: Fisher, Stephenson

LG: Grubbs, LDT

C: Morse, Kush

RG: Fulton, LDT

RT: Stephenson, Pughsley

That makes 8 people on the roster for the line and lots of flexibility incase of injury.

If Stephenson can continue to produce at RT like he did vs Arizona, Jeff Allen is toast.

I think they will give the roles to the best performers and Pughsley and the doctor have exceeded expectations the most. Morse did well considering the role change and the fact his last go at C was a total disaster.

I actually think ldt could possibly bounce Fulton out for the starting role at RG.

It was just one night, but Stephenson looked the best of all lineman Saturday.

Stephenson will be a starter IF he gets his head on straight and dedicates himself to being the best he can.  It's telling that Kush was the advertised starter of OC and after one week of TC, Morse became the starter.  Either Morse showed great potential or Kush bombed.  I hope it was the first.  If Fisher does come back and plays better and Stephenson plays well, what happens to Allen?  Trade, release, or second team?

I think we need to get Morse some time at C. He hasn't played it in a long time. I was hoping he would land at G, but Kush is what we thought he was it looks like.

Morse has been playing with the 1s since the first week of camp.  I hope he nails down the spot.

Morse has been playing with the 1s since the first week of camp. I hope he nails down the spot.

I was thinking Kush was the C with the ones until the beginning of last week. Either way. His last 2 years at Mizzou he only played LT and G I believe. One year at C as a Freshman, right. I will give him a couple months to change position and jump to the Pros in the same year.

I was thinking Kush was the C with the ones until the beginning of last week. Either way. His last 2 years at Mizzou he only played LT and G I believe. One year at C as a Freshman, right. I will give him a couple months to change position and jump to the Pros in the same year.

I'm not sure about the timing, but Morse was with the ones no later than early last week before the AZ game.  One player not mentioned much is Fanaika (sp.?)  Does he even have a role on the team?  Pretty expensive bench warmer.

Archived