GAME THREAD - Preseason Week 1 - Arizona Cardinals

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 303Chiefs

safety, blocked punt.. goal line stop... damn whats next?

Honestly, I don't enjoy the sports fans in Arizona. I was at the Chiefs game last year and witnessed fans fighting their own fans. It happens everywhere I'm sure but I wouldn't recommend this stadium as a fun/family atmosphere with the trash they have in Arizona.

Honestly, I don't enjoy the sports fans in Arizona. I was at the Chiefs game last year and witnessed fans fighting their own fans. It happens everywhere I'm sure but I wouldn't recommend this stadium as a fun/family atmosphere with the trash they have in Arizona.

wow.

Guest dhitter

Andy Reid needs to have an offense ready to start a season. Not a repeat of last year.

Wasn't impressed with the 1's...but not necessarily worried at this point either.

Mitch Morse botched one play, and AZ's running back caught a pass in the seam of the defense. Other than that, it wasn't that bad. The Chiefs will be alright. Their team is deep. The ones would have beat AZ anyway. I think it is clear this team is better. KC should have won that game against AZ last year. Palmer is good. They have some nice players. They are a decent team. The Chiefs are probably a top five or six team this year. If the Chiefs can stay healthy, they will have a very good shot at the AFC West title. o

The injuries tonight were not severe. Allen has a sprained MCL. DAT has a calf injury, Knile twisted his knee, but no damage. This is football.. Everyone gets hurt.

I'll tell you this, Andy is not loyal to qb's. If Alex struggles, we will see chase.

I know Reid is good with QBs and got McNabb over the guy who started his career, but why do I keep reading this when all I read before he came was his refusal to replace McNabb the first time and then Vick?

I know Reid is good with QBs and got McNabb over the guy who started his career, but why do I keep reading this when all I read before he came was his refusal to replace McNabb the first time and then Vick?

He went from Vick to kolb

He's not scared is all im saying

Some things I think I learned about the game lat night:

1...Offensive line is still a work in progress. Not panicking but a little concerned. Couldn't run at all against their #1's.

2...Chase Daniel looked calm and showed a lot of poise even when he was being hammered by the defense.

3...C West looked like a much better running back than Davis has shown.

4...Chiefs have some talent throughout the roster.

5...Reid needs to figure out a way to get this team rolling quicker. Typical slow start. And too predictable. I told my son they were going to throw a freakin' deep pass on the very first play. Not "I think"...I said they would. If I can predict it...you can bet Arians had it figured out as well. It was almost like "see...we can throw a deep ball." Of course it only means something if they complete the pass.

6...I saw positives and I saw negatives. In other words, a typical preseason type game.

Some things I think I learned about the game lat night:

1...Offensive line is still a work in progress. Not panicking but a little concerned. Couldn't run at all against their #1's.

2...Chase Daniel looked calm and showed a lot of poise even when he was being hammered by the defense.

3...C West looked like a much better running back than Davis has shown.

4...Chiefs have some talent throughout the roster.

5...Reid needs to figure out a way to get this team rolling quicker. Typical slow start. And too predictable. I told my son they were going to throw a freakin' deep pass on the very first play. Not "I think"...I said they would. If I can predict it...you can bet Arians had it figured out as well. It was almost like "see...we can throw a deep ball." Of course it only means something if they complete the pass.

6...I saw positives and I saw negatives. In other words, a typical preseason type game.

Charles was on the sideline ,as he should be, so our #1 weapon was not available. 

Tigit is what the players nicknamed Charcandrick West. It stands for tall midget. Tigit is a lot closer to the team than Kniles Davis. Charles and West are tight. He runs routes as good as any of the receivers, and has explosive speed.

I had a nightmare and you can tell I think about the Chiefs too much if I do dream about them. I had a dream that they actually signed Kendrick Lewis instead of Charcandrick West. What's in a name? Ugh.

The Chiefs played good defense. The Cardinals got lucky by calling the exact right play at the right time. The Royals blitzed as the Cardinals called a short pass that creased the seam, and went for 57 yards. The Chiefs were in the wrong alignment at the wrong time. There was nothing the players did wrong on that play. The Cardinals went on to knock it in for 6. The very next offensive effort, the Cardinals did a stunt. The number one rule is the Center always gets his man. Morse saw the stunt, left his man, and allowed his man to rush unabated to the quarterback. Kniles Davis picked up the stunt correctly. So, it was a mental error on Morse. The pass rusher was in the face of Alex Smith. The pass seemed to get deflected, although Alex acknowledged he got the ball up high. That led to an interception. The Chiefs' defense held Arizona to a field goal. That was the worst of it. Two errors. One was being unlucky to be in the wrong defensive formation. The second was a simple mistake by a rookie. 

The Chiefs started out ten points in the hole, but they did not play as bad as the score. I believe Kansas City is a better team, and would win against Arizona in a head to head contest when it counted. I don't believe there is anything to worry about. 

Charles was on the sideline ,as he should be, so our #1 weapon was not available. 

Considering several d linemen were in the backfield on almost every run play....don't think it would have mattered that much. Backups weren't missing holes....there were no holes to miss.

Considering several d linemen were in the backfield on almost every run play....don't think it would have mattered that much. Backups weren't missing holes....there were no holes to miss.

Having to account for Charles always matters. Changes the defense approach and its Charles. Not to mention his pass catching ability. Also opens things up for other play makers.

The Chiefs played good defense. The Cardinals got lucky by calling the exact right play at the right time. The Royals blitzed as the Cardinals called a short pass that creased the seam, and went for 57 yards. The Chiefs were in the wrong alignment at the wrong time. There was nothing the players did wrong on that play. The Cardinals went on to knock it in for 6. The very next offensive effort, the Cardinals did a stunt. The number one rule is the Center always gets his man. Morse saw the stunt, left his man, and allowed his man to rush unabated to the quarterback. Kniles Davis picked up the stunt correctly. So, it was a mental error on Morse. The pass rusher was in the face of Alex Smith. The pass seemed to get deflected, although Alex acknowledged he got the ball up high. That led to an interception. The Chiefs' defense held Arizona to a field goal. That was the worst of it. Two errors. One was being unlucky to be in the wrong defensive formation. The second was a simple mistake by a rookie.

The Chiefs started out ten points in the hole, but they did not play as bad as the score. I believe Kansas City is a better team, and would win against Arizona in a head to head contest when it counted. I don't believe there is anything to worry about.

It looks like it was Davis picking up the wrong guy, but as you said, Morse picked up the guy Davis was supposed to get and Davis looked bad. Morse, as the center, was supposed to pick up the guy that went free.

The Chiefs played good defense. The Cardinals got lucky by calling the exact right play at the right time. The Royals blitzed as the Cardinals called a short pass that creased the seam, and went for 57 yards.

Ever try playing football at the same park that others are playing a baseball game? And just as the batter hits a grounder toward the short stop and the short stop is ready to turn the double play, the ball carrier runs wide and gets mixed up with the base runner and the second baseman all at once? Fun times.

Archived