Both tacles out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be really bad.  His shoe was removed before carting him off.  Let's hope its not a high ankle sprain, but it is the ankle they were looking at.  Even a low ankle sprain could keep him out for weeks if it is a bad one.  I don't know how they could have playoff hopes with him gone and Poe out for a major part of the season.  Fisher was looking like a breakout star in against Arizona. I'll bet Alex Smith is having a nervous breakdown.

Confirmed. It is an ankle sprain..No confirmation on how much time to heal. Allen sprained MCL

If it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck at all.

Sorry, Wilks.  The MCL (medial collateral ligament) is a knee injury, not ankle.  They are graded as to severity from 1-3.  If mild (grade 1), he will be out 3-6 weeks to make a full recovery.  If it is grade 2 or 3, it will be 8-12 weeks.  I was hoping Fisher would be the breakout player of the year.  Alex Smith is probably having a stroke.  I am now going with an 9-7 record at best and no playoffs.  Are you sure they said "MCL" ?

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/mcl-sprain

Fisher - high ankle sprain.

Allen - MCL knee

MCL strains are not that big of a deal. Its a lot easier to come back after, and you can play on an MCL strain. I ran our county cross country race with a partially torn MCL, and won. I couldn't practice, and only ran on the day of the race. It was not football. But there are braces that can help a lineman play with a MCL problem. 

High ankle sprains are worrisome in that they are slow to heal. I played basketball with a high ankle sprain, and it did not get better until the season was over. Back then, you taped it, put two pairs of socks on, and gave it a go. Now, they probably are a bit more cautious. 

Injuries are part of the game. A couple players looked good to me at AZ. LDT did a nice job. Of course, this was not against the best talent. I thought Pughsley looked alright. Sherrod played a lot too. The Chiefs may also look at other teams, and pick up a player when the cuts come. 

Fisher - high ankle sprain.

Allen - MCL knee

MCL strains are not that big of a deal. Its a lot easier to come back after, and you can play on an MCL strain. I ran our county cross country race with a partially torn MCL, and won. I couldn't practice, and only ran on the day of the race. It was not football. But there are braces that can help a lineman play with a MCL problem. 

High ankle sprains are worrisome in that they are slow to heal. I played basketball with a high ankle sprain, and it did not get better until the season was over. Back then, you taped it, put two pairs of socks on, and gave it a go. Now, they probably are a bit more cautious. 

Injuries are part of the game. A couple players looked good to me at AZ. LDT did a nice job. Of course, this was not against the best talent. I thought Pughsley looked alright. Sherrod played a lot too. The Chiefs may also look at other teams, and pick up a player when the cuts come. 

You can play on a grade 1 MCL after 3-6 weeks.  But a grade 2 or 3 takes 8-12 weeks.  We don't know how bad it is.  As far as the high ankle sprain for Fisher, they have alway been a problem...and a nagging problem.  You are absolutely right.

As for all the "snakebit" Chiefs nonsense, just look around the league.  The QB for the Jets has his jaw broken and is out most of the season.  The best blocker for Manning, Ryan Clady is out for the year and not there to protect the 38 year old, gimpy QB who can't move around much any more.  Shit happens to every team. Its not just us. Every team gets major injuries. That is why depth is so important.  NEXT MAN UP.  And you know, these things sometimes turn out to be blessings.  Young backup players who may never have had a chance get huge numbers of reps under live fire, and many of them turn out to be stars in their own right.  We might just find a couple of guys who will become the face of the franchise.  This is how dynasties happen.  When the original starter comes back, the now experienced backup either becomes great depth or is traded for crucial talent needed in other spots.

A high ankle sprain is 4-6 weeks for recovery.

The season opener is 4 weeks from now...so Fisher can still jump into the trenches within the first quarter of the season.

However 300 + lbs is a lot of weight on an injured ankle...so we'll see.

Man, that is not good. If there is a plus I guess we get to see the backups go with the ones. LDT needs the reps. Sure makes those first 3 games a lot tougher.

No Poe, no Smith, no Fisher. JJ Watt is licking his lips. Better now for all this than in December.

You can play on a grade 1 MCL after 3-6 weeks.  But a grade 2 or 3 takes 8-12 weeks.  We don't know how bad it is.  As far as the high ankle sprain for Fisher, they have alway been a problem...and a nagging problem.  You are absolutely right.

As for all the "snakebit" Chiefs nonsense, just look around the league.  The QB for the Jets has his jaw broken and is out most of the season.  The best blocker for Manning, Ryan Clady is out for the year and not there to protect the 38 year old, gimpy QB who can't move around much any more.  Shit happens to every team. Its not just us. Every team gets major injuries. That is why depth is so important.  NEXT MAN UP.  And you know, these things sometimes turn out to be blessings.  Young backup players who may never have had a chance get huge numbers of reps under live fire, and many of them turn out to be stars in their own right.  We might just find a couple of guys who will become the face of the franchise.  This is how dynasties happen.  When the original starter comes back, the now experienced backup either becomes great depth or is traded for crucial talent needed in other spots.

Bil, I still prefer Fisher.

All the smoke up our ass is great but the realistic situation is we won't have Poe or Fisher at a time that we really need them. The truth is that we are not in the business of discovering new guys who can playm. We are in the business of winning games.

Actually there is a deeper truth.  I don't want to say what it is, but I will anyway.  We are in the business of sitting on our asses watching games and talking and reading about it.  The Chiefs organization is in the business of winning games.  If they don't do that, then we eventually won't either.

I am pretty bummed about Fisher and Poe, just like I was bummed about DJ and Berry and DeVito.  But we still won 9 games.  This year we are deeper.  And I intend to watch and am interested in how the next man does and how things will change when those guys come back.  They all may be healthy and ready to kick ass in the playoffs if we can squeak in.  The team has spent a lot building a full deep roster of guys with talent and character.  When they emerge from this, they will have MORE confidence in themselves , more depth and experience, and be ready to tear the throats out of anyone who tries to get in their way. I am not any less interested in watching them and seeing how they do.  That isn't smoke in anyone's ass.  That is the actual truth.

The old expression about the dog and the rabbit was something my dad always told me when I made excuses.  I liked it because it had the word "piss" in it.  My dad liked that also, because he was a urologist.

Actually there is a deeper truth. I don't want to say what it is, but I will anyway. We are in the business of sitting on our asses watching games and talking and reading about it. The Chiefs organization is in the business of winning games. If they don't do that, then we eventually won't either.

I am pretty bummed about Fisher and Poe, just like I was bummed about DJ and Berry and DeVito. But we still won 9 games. This year we are deeper. And I intend to watch and am interested in how the next man does and how things will change when those guys come back. They all may be healthy and ready to kick ass in the playoffs if we can squeak in. The team has spent a lot building a full deep roster of guys with talent and character. When they emerge from this, they will have MORE confidence in themselves , more depth and experience, and be ready to tear the throats out of anyone who tries to get in their way. I am not any less interested in watching them and seeing how they do. That isn't smoke in anyone's ass. That is the actual truth.

The old expression about the dog and the rabbit was something my dad always told me when I made excuses. I liked it because it had the word "piss" in it. My dad liked that also, because he was a urologist.

Bil, you and I will watch the games regardless. Anyone who watched them in the 70s and 80s cannot turn it off now that they have a chance at success.

Archived