Both tacles out

I have had multiple high ankle sprains and 2-3  weeks sounds about right....

You will not be 100% but with  a good tape job and plenty of time to warm up, you can play.

Bil, how does EB look to you so far, IMO the guy is unbelievable.

w

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay Patient Cali.....He should show us something this year and we will know what we have.

Hope you are well my friend.

w

Thanks west. I watched again last night. Fred williams, Hammond, and Wilson beat some good corners Saturday.

Maclin, Wilson. Hammond and Williams could actually be outstanding.

What exactly were you expecting from fisher?

He has yet to show anything.

I'll be the first to eat crow but I don't think he is the future at Lt.

He was my choice for breakout player.  Later, I read that he is Reid's choice also.  He was extremely impressive against Arizona.

You will not be 100% but with  a good tape job and plenty of time to warm up, you can play.

w

I don't really know yet, West.  He has played about six plays, and they must be hoping he can actually contribute. It is a long, grueling season.  Even the greatest athlete alive would have reduced stamina after chemo. Especially the type given for Hodgkins. They still haven't told us what grade or stage it was, either.  But just in terms of having multiple courses of chemo, it seems almost unbelievable that he would be able to play significant numbers of snaps for an entire season this season. Those are my thoughts. If they have a cure, I would hope for full performance capability by 2016.  Remember, the guy couldn't even get out of bed several months ago and was sobbing.  I like feel-good stories also, and yes, he is unbelievable, especially the support from his own family and parents. But everyone needs a little dose of reality.  These poisons damage every cell in your body.  They just damage the cancer cells more.

w

Its possible to play after a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, but not an an NFL level.  And not if you weigh 300 lb and are shifting and sliding on that ankle.  Plus, the Chiefs have a long-term investment in him that was just about to start paying off.  If they need to keep him out for 4 months to be sure, that's what they'll do.  Here's hoping it is a LOW ankle sprain and that he will be 100% by the first regular season game.  I just read this morning that he was walking off the field with "a slight limp."  That sounds like a low ankle to me.  Fingers are crossed.

Another ankle sprain this morning.....Allen Bailey.  Don't know if carted off or not.  I've had ankle sprains.   Most of us have.  When I had mine it was absolutely unimaginable that I could play football on it.   If we bring Fisher back too early we could pay for it the whole season.

Sports talk said it was a high ankle sprain.

Sports talk is exactly that...talk.  It is made up of guys just regurgitating hearsay like the rest of us.  Until we hear it from Reid, we don't know.  If Reid said two weeks, then it is either not a high ankle sprain or is a very mild one.

Another ankle sprain this morning.....Allen Bailey.  Don't know if carted off or not.  I've had ankle sprains.   Most of us have.  When I had mine it was absolutely unimaginable that I could play football on it.   If we bring Fisher back too early we could pay for it the whole season.

Yep.

Its unimaginable that I could play football at all, no matter when it was.

Posted on internet by Adam Teicher.  Teicher is usually a pretty reliable source of Chiefs news.  Used to KC Star Chiefs beat reporter.

I gotta laugh on that one. Paylor straightened it out. Bailey is alright. The story was Fisher tripped over Bailey's feet. Teicher got it twisted...

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor  1h1 hour ago

@Jtfawver @MattVerderame Bailey is NOT hurt.

5 retweets 5 favorites

Reply Retweet  5 Favorite  5

More

Matt Verderame ‏@MattVerderame  1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL

@TerezPaylor @Jtfawver Teicher reported he got hurt, so now I'm lost haha

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor  1h1 hour ago
@Jtfawver @MattVerderame Bailey is NOT hurt.
5 retweets 5 favorites
Reply Retweet  5 Favorite  5
More
 Matt Verderame ‏@MattVerderame  1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL
@TerezPaylor @Jtfawver Teicher reported he got hurt, so now I'm lost haha
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet   Favorite  
More
 James McAfee ‏@eraser48  41m41 minutes ago Paducah, KY
@MattVerderame @TerezPaylor @Jtfawver listen to Parlor.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet   Favorite   View Tweet activity
More
 David Limbaugh ‏@DavidLimbaugh  41m41 minutes ago
Liberals don’t even believe its ethical to declare on culture superior to another so why would they care about abandoning the America idea?
12 retweets 15 favorites
Reply Retweet  12 Favorite  15
More
 David Limbaugh ‏@DavidLimbaugh  42m42 minutes ago
I use the term “invasion” because I see people show contempt for the American idea and our system.
15 retweets 16 favorites
Reply Retweet  15 Favorite  16
More
 Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen88  43m43 minutes ago
Twitter Tuesday: KC championships, Clark Hunt’s one take, and when will the Royals clinch? http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article31389926.html
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet   Favorite  
More

Man, that is hard to follow, especially when it gets into non-Chiefs stuff.

I often say that to myself after my wife gets pissed.

Share too much, share too little... those things are difficult for men to get a grasp on. 

I am limited to the area of being an expert on the remote control. Its good to know your limitations, and keep within them.

Share too much, share too little... those things are difficult for men to get a grasp on. 

I am limited to the area of being an expert on the remote control. Its good to know your limitations, and keep within them.

Men keep To Do lists.  Women keep You Have Done lists.  They are pretty lengthy.  With a good memory, those lists can go back decades.

Ahhhh, the many uses of duct tape.

Archived