What will you be watching for tonight?

What will you be watching for tonight?

1. I'll be watching LDT at right guard. He will start and go against the ones. He's a player I like and am excited about. 

2. I want to see the starting offense move the ball against Seattle. It will be tough as their defense is stout. Alex needs to utilize the slot receivers and tight ends in this one. I hope Reid doesn't get cute and call a deep pass on the first play again. lets get some rhythm going tonight. 

3. I want to see Nelson play nickel back. Right now we only have two corners capable of playing inside - Gaines and Nelson. In the nickel package, Gaines has been moving inside and Flemming or Cooper come in and play outside opposite Peters. Ideally, we'd like to keep Gaines outside and have Nelson come in and play nickel until Sean Smith gets back. 

4. Middle linebacker - Mauga and JMJ have missed significant time. It looks like they will both be back. Wilson and Alexander have not impressed me. I really like March but now he's hurt. Who will step up tonight???

5. Special teams - Who are the starters on the first team special teams? In particular, the defensive backs and linebackers. This will be a good indicator to who will make the 53. 

1. The Oline. They are key to having an offense and looking a little scary.

2. ILB. Great battle for the starting spot there.

3. WR. Great battle amongst the bubble players to stay employed.

4 . Knile Davis. What is going on with this guy? Bad performance blocking and run capped off with an injury.

5. Murray. I want to see him throw a pass.

I don't know what everyone's issue with Davis is. He is a good return man, has been good when Charles was out, and does well on the handful of snaps he gets when spelling Charles. Some on here want to give his spot to Charcandrick West based on a few carries in camp.

Yeah, he misses in pass pro some, but he has been a quality backup, who has the ability to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball.

Can't please some people.

I don't know what everyone's issue with Davis is. He is a good return man, has been good when Charles was out, and does well on the handful of snaps he gets when spelling Charles. Some on here want to give his spot to Charcandrick West based on a few carries in camp.

Yeah, he misses in pass pro some, but he has been a quality backup, who has the ability to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball.

I'm with you man. I don't get it. He is a "BACK UP" for a reason. As far as back ups go, he is a good one imo.

Not here.

Not only is he a stellar back up, he's a good starter too.

I just want to see some crispness from the first string Offense. Since the defense will be vanilla I'd like to see our DB's do well. I hoping we see our depth  look like last weeks and push these players who are expected to be first into maybe looking over their backs for their job.

I hope Davis does well. Someone has to take some load off of Charles. Last year they didn't seem to trust him. I thought him and Stepenson should have seen a lot more time. Don't know what is going on with either.

Davis played a lot last year

How about a few throws to Conley? Don't know if he's fully healed yet, but it would be good to see if he deserves a roster spot and playing time. Aside from that, I'd pretty much agree with Mugsy.

Got to block throw it

Archived