Game thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per multiple sources: Evan Mathis' next team may be playing right now, and they aren't referring to Seattle. #Chiefs

Not buying it. Mathis' next visit is to Seattle....they are in as nearly bad a situation with their Oline as KC. If they want him bad enough they will likely get him.

If the guy wants to start and be the big dog on the line KC is where he needs to be.

A Chiefs line that includes Mathis is much more respectable than without. I just think Seattle is going to make a full court press on him because their Oline has sucked so far.

Not buying it. Mathis' next visit is to Seattle....they are in as nearly bad a situation with their Oline as KC. If they want him bad enough they will likely get him.

If Andy Reid wants a guy bad enough, he typically wins. Just don't know if he really wants Mathis again.

Fanaika was garbage, like I've been saying since they signed him. He was trash in Arizona and it was one of Dorsey's worse signings....well after Dunta.

Stephenson and Grubbs looked fine. Morse had some struggles, but he is a rookie and Seattle is real good.

Was not a good game for Ldt. Mebane is hard to block solo but yikes. Fanaika is pure f'n garbage and got blown up pretty much every snap.

They need a better solution at RG, but I think the rest of the starting line looks fine.

Can you say Rich Gannon?

Drew Brees??

Matt Flynn? (6 TD regular season game 17 after Green Bay clinched.) Kevin Kolb?

Ugh. Preseason against second stringers. Even if it were Smith doing this against first stringers, I'd say it's only preseason.

Or am I misunderstanding your post?

Chiefs win in preseason people complain, Chiefs lose in preseason people complain. I know, I know it's how they look doing it. Come on guys preseason means squat if I remember right the Lions went 4-0 in preseason and many picked them to contend, they ended up 0-16.

Yeah, that team beat other teams in evaluation mode who were not trying to win. The Lions probably played their starters too much and tried to much to win as opposed to find depth or evaluate starters. I feel our Seattle win was partly due to Seattle not trying to win rather than evaluate, but I also think we did that too. I think our two wins are solid and have helped evaluate.

Now, I don't really understand why Reid has not had Murray pass other than once. It doesn't seem to do much to evaluate, but it is good gamesmanship and this last game we were trying to run out clock. However, I don't really understand why we are trying to win and run out clock when we could get him some experience and evaluate. You don't need to run your real offense to do that.

Ugh. Preseason against second stringers. Even if it were Smith doing this against first stringers, I'd say it's only preseason.

Or am I misunderstanding your post?

When Daniel has been given the chance to play for real, he has done well.

I am not saying that he needs to start. I am just saying that I would not be worried if he was the starter, any more than I am with Alex as the starter.

Daniel has a calm confidence about him. He makes his reads and gets rid of the ball. He always looks sure of himself. Alex always looks like he isn't sure of himself, scared to pull the trigger. Daniel made a pass from the pocket last night and stood his ground knowing he was going to get drilled. Alex would have tucked and run the second he saw the pressure.

It's comforting having Daniel as a backup. Hopefully, Alex excels and we won't need him.

Alex is more athletic than Daniel, but he has no confidence while Chase has no care in the world.

It's a lot easier to go out there and lay everything out on the line if you're Chase. At worst, you're still the backup.

Chase actually has enough arm and confidence to make NFL throws. Alex struggles to make them consistently.

Chase Daniel isn't your answer, but he's making it more clear that Alex Smith isn't it also.

Alex is more athletic than Daniel, but he has no confidence while Chase has no care in the world.

It's a lot easier to go out there and lay everything out on the line if you're Chase. At worst, you're still the backup.

Agree. Smith seems to be waiting too long and not firing the ball prior to the receiver getting open or to where he knows the receiver is going. Too many passes end up giving the DB time to close. Too many passes right at the OB line when the receiver appeared open when he broke toward the sideline. Daniels just lets it go and trusts his receivers more. Second string or not we saw the same thing with Gannon. Chiefs let him go and kept...well you know. Gannon went to a superbowl.

Well Smith will have to get hurt and Chase will have to play well & win2 out of 3  games. then it might be a Grbac/Gannon senario.

I too am confident if & when Cgase is called upon. My wife even see's the difference ..I think that  Andy is giving Alex all the chances in the world to succeed but if it means his job & the Chiefs go 0-4/ 1-4  It will get interesting.

I will say this..... watching Chase play is much more fun

Archived