What's Different this Season? The Window is Open

I am quite Optimistic this Year and for the Near Future.....

We have a stable fo Running Backs, Linebackers and Defensive Backs that are Top Tier

We havd a very Solid Starting QB and a Back Up that could start for a number of Teams

Our D-Line Depth is Fantastic as soon as the Big Fella returns

WR's are good and there is young Talent emerging....

Andy and Dorsey have to know that they have a contender this season

It's all about the O-Line....Mathis may be worth bringing in.

w

I am quite Optimistic this Year and for the Near Future.....

We have a stable fo Running Backs, Linebackers and Defensive Backs that are Top Tier

We havd a very Solid Starting QB and a Back Up that could start for a number of Teams

Our D-Line Depth is Fantastic as soon as the Big Fella returns

WR's are good and there is young Talent emerging....

Andy and Dorsey have to know that they have a contender this season

It's all about the O-Line....Mathis may be worth bringing in.

w

Great post, not for the conclusion (optimism) but the reasoning. I think we are set up for good things. Even though we have good depth, our season does ride on health. I would love to bring Mathis in, though cost is a factor. Especially with all these rumors of signing him, I want to get him because if we don't, it seems like we lost him. Even if we never had him. That doesn't mean that all prices are OK, just that I want him on the team.

It would make me ill to think a potential great season came crashing down because of a bad offensive line. I remember well  the Vermeil teams.  Offense could score on anyone...just to have the defense fold like a cheap card table. Fast forward to now....we have what looks to be a stout defense and excellent special teams. Will the offense hold us back because of poor line play? 

Frankly...there is no excuse for us to have such a s****y line. Reid and Dorsey should be ashamed of what we have seen so far. We have zero run game and Smith has been bludgeoned...and it's just two preseason games!!

And before someone jumps on here and says "Relax dude...it's just preseason". Let me offer this. Name the last time the 1's looked crappy in preseason and then magically turned it on during the regular season. 99 times out of 100...what you see is what you get. Chiefs will compete...but I don't think they will win the division with this line. Just not enough talent there.

It would make me ill to think a potential great season came crashing down because of a bad offensive line. I remember well the Vermeil teams. Offense could score on anyone...just to have the defense fold like a cheap card table. Fast forward to now....we have what looks to be a stout defense and excellent special teams. Will the offense hold us back because of poor line play?

Frankly...there is no excuse for us to have such a s****y line. Reid and Dorsey should be ashamed of what we have seen so far. We have zero run game and Smith has been bludgeoned...and it's just two preseason games!!

And before someone jumps on here and says "Relax dude...it's just preseason". Let me offer this. Name the last time the 1's looked crappy in preseason and then magically turned it on during the regular season. 99 times out of 100...what you see is what you get. Chiefs will compete...but I don't think they will win the division with this line. Just not enough talent there.

Because going undefeated and looking good in preseason worked so well for Detroit. That year they went 4-0 in preseason but 0-16 in the regular season.

It would make me ill to think a potential great season came crashing down because of a bad offensive line. I remember well the Vermeil teams. Offense could score on anyone...just to have the defense fold like a cheap card table. Fast forward to now....we have what looks to be a stout defense and excellent special teams. Will the offense hold us back because of poor line play?

Really it's the same thing as the DV teams. You spend more net on the side of the ball where talent is available. There weren't a ton of OTs that were worth the money.

I am not that excited about Mathis. We don't need another high dollar G. OT is the problem IMO.

Really it's the same thing as the DV teams. You spend more net on the side of the ball where talent is available. There weren't a ton of OTs that were worth the money.

I am not that excited about Mathis. We don't need another high dollar G. OT is the problem IMO.

I am not

Alex is the key. He needs to really step up. I don't care how the line plays, he needs to deal with it.

I agree, so long as they keep him healthy and have improved a smidge, he should produce more with our better receiving corp and apparent real emphasis on pushing it a bit (I don't feel last year's emphasis was realistic with slower Bowe and no one else besides TE/RB and yes, Smith's affinity for them.).

I agree, so long as they keep him healthy and have improved a smidge, he should produce more with our better receiving corp and apparent real emphasis on pushing it a bit (I don't feel last year's emphasis was realistic with slower Bowe and no one else besides TE/RB and yes, Smith's affinity for them.).

Yep he has weapons

So we all agree, "The Window is Officially Open"....

w

Yes, we have more depth than ever. The other key is that the whole organization is on the same page for the third year in a row. We have the same GM, coaching staff, and QB for the third year in a row. That is big...

Alex is the key. He needs to really step up. I don't care how the line plays, he needs to deal with it.

I don't know.  Maybe.  But isn't that like telling Charles, I don't care if you get hit as soon as you get the ball, deal with it.  It matters. 

Because going undefeated and looking good in preseason worked so well for Detroit. That year they went 4-0 in preseason but 0-16 in the regular season.

Oh...you put this in the wrong thread. This needs to moved to the "I think we need to win more preseason games because it means we will go the Super Bowl" thread I started.

Archived