Mathis Signs With Donks

#2 Rated Guard goes to the hated Donks while Chiefs sit on their hands. Oh I forgot....thats ok we have Fanaika. Oh I forgot....we have a whole bunch of the same guys from last year. So we get a deep threat but fail to fix the o=line to provide protection and time to throw it downfield. Nice!

This article makes good sense.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2015/08/25/evan-almighty-a-savior-for-the-chiefs/

Unfortunately not going to happen.

it might be bullshit..

but it makes me wonder if 'the other team' that offered 5.5 instead of the 4 he accepted was the chiefs?....again it could be just saving face...

You may be correct. Im not sure what face KC would be saving? The team gets little respect and honestly why should they. KC has been the face of futility. The face for how not to build a winner. Sure hope, I hate that word, that changes.

He was probably worth 4. Not sure about 5.5. I wish it was not the Donks, but it is what it is. I think we are still sitting on 8 million in case someone gets cut or a nice waiver acquisition pops up. If the guy was the #2 RT in the league, I would be down about it.

Guest dhiter

You may be correct. Im not sure what face KC would be saving? The team gets little respect and honestly why should they. KC has been the face of futility. The face for how not to build a winner. Sure hope, I hate that word, that changes.

I feel your pain. What you are saying about the Chiefs is true regarding being the face of futility. Look at their history and it screams "not good enough". Denver is on their way to their 5th straight division title when KC has never won it twice in a row. It's my team and I will always be cheering them on every week but it gets a little frustrating when I look at our Oline and can only hope they can be slightly better than 27th in the league like last year. So far I have seen little to get my hopes up.

my bad I wasn't clear..

I meant Drew Rosenlouse and Mathis saving face..meaning this was the highest contract offered. A 1yr

4Million dollar contract which is 3yrs and 1 Million less than he could have signed for in Philly..

BFD....

This guy wasn't going to make or break anything.

He's not elite.

While he may not be elite he is better than our right guard and worse yet he is now a Donk for a fairly cheap one year deal. I hope we done get many serious injuries because those backing up are not very good. Poor oline depth.

Im over it and will root for the guys we have. Go Chiefs

I'm tired of hearing how Denver offers the "best chance" to make a run at a title.

Screw Horse face Elway! Screw Peyton Manning! Screw Emmanuel Sanders!...and Screw Evan Mathis!

No one will notice it, but if they don't win the title this year, it'll be evidence towards not signing with the second or third favorite. Go for the favorite or get your money. Don't say, if I sign with them, then they will be the favorite. Why not just make the current favorite stronger?

I'm tired of hearing how Denver offers the "best chance" to make a run at a title.

Screw Horse face Elway! Screw Peyton Manning! Screw Emmanuel Sanders!...and Screw Evan Mathis!

Isn't that what we heard when Gonzo went Atlanta or when Jared went to Minnesota? They both wanted to play for contenders.

Some teams are willing to do whatever it takes to win. Others simply hope things work out..

Lol - signing Mathis was a desperation move by a team with an aging QB and an OL that has more players who have never played an NFL snap than veterans. Mathis is a bandaid on that line - come back and talk this shit after KC crushes the Donks on Thursday Night. ;)

Lol - signing Mathis was a desperation move by a team with an aging QB and an OL that has more players who have never played an NFL snap than veterans. Mathis is a bandaid on that line - come back and talk this shit after KC crushes the Donks on Thursday Night. ;)

I will be elated when KC beats Denver. I have already stated I expect them to win. Thats not the point. The point was we had a chance to improve our own leaky oline and did not. Of course I hope Mathis is a complete failure.

It does not matter to me what you or anyone else think of my opinion. I simply expressed my thoughts.

I don't know...Mathis graded out very high last year at his position. His age vs money demands are what kept him unemployed until now. I have no reason to believe he will be a total failure in Denver unless there is something I am unaware of about the situation. Of course he is a bandaid. Not a long term solution but bandaids have their place don't they? I'm sure Denver is in their "all in" mode for this year. Until someone rises up and kicks the crap out of them they will be the favorites for the division. 

I want nothing more than for KC to beat them....twice!!...and be the team that ends their run.

• 5 months later...

Free agent LG Evan Mathis will undergo surgery on his right ankle Wednesday.

Mathis played through the ankle issue for much of the season, battling it on a week-to-week basis. He missed just one game and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 run-blocking guard. Set to embark on his age-35 season, Mathis is uncertain if he'll retire or hang up the cleats after a Super Bowl win.

Archived