Who is your under dog? 

I like March and West but at this point I don't think of them as under dogs to make the roster. I like the NT Fangupo. He has been a beast! We are so much deeper there than I ever imagined. 

tumblr_inline_ng8sl7U0Tl1r2gs1i.jpg

I think Davis had a pretty good showing last game. It would be pass blocking that would get him demoted and I am not sure West is better. I thing Davis is locked in at #2 barring a blocking breakdown.

Davis could start for a couple teams

Yes. He came in with the fumble label, but hasn't done that really. If he can develop his patience (which is hard when you don't have a trust worthy line) and his pass blocking, we have a very solid starter. I think his receiving skill are OK. Room for improvement.

He did't have the greatest YPC last game, but got blown up 8 yards deep several times. Thanks Fainika. But he had some patience. Overall, nice performance.

I can't remember if he had problems pass blocking, but it was a foot race around Fainika on the right side. RB isn't in a good position to help that.

He did well IMO. You can't compare a guy to Charles. Receiving, pass protection and running, the dude is in a class by himself.

You heard me Peterson. JC is Lebron.

Yes. He came in with the fumble label, but hasn't done that really. If he can develop his patience (which is hard when you don't have a trust worthy line) and his pass blocking, we have a very solid starter. I think his receiving skill are OK. Room for improvement.

He did't have the greatest YPC last game, but got blown up 8 yards deep several times. Thanks Fainika. But he had some patience. Overall, nice performance.

I can't remember if he had problems pass blocking, but it was a foot race around Fainika on the right side. RB isn't in a good position to help that.

He did well IMO. You can't compare a guy to Charles. Receiving, pass protection and running, the dude is in a class by himself.

You heard me Peterson. JC is Lebron.

For a guy his size, his blocking is a ten

thanks....

i'll go with Davis at this point in time.

C-west has done very well for himself and should get a few snaps a game this year.

w

We make constant excuses for Alex smith in regards to poor OLINE play.

Charles can run behind any OLINE.

Davis has homerun speed and acceleration. We are lucky to have that guy.

We make constant excuses for Alex smith in regards to poor OLINE play.

Charles can run behind any OLINE.

Davis has homerun speed and acceleration. We are lucky to have that guy.

Not really sure of what your point is by saying an elite running back has skills that Davis doesn't have and that an oline hurts a QBs ability to stay long in the pocket for deeper or longer developing plays. When Smith misses a quick throw that he should make or does have time but misses the receiver, there are no excuses. The oline "excuse" is actually a legitimate reason for lack of deeper attempts. It's not nor should it be an excuse for other deficient play. And I don't really see anyone making excuses for him when he fucks it up. When he holds on the ball too long or has happy feet, that's on him and I have seen people call him out for it.

Charles is a special player and I don't see how it really applies to Davis or Smith. Bad run blocking and bad pass blocking both have limitations and ways to exploit it, it's just that you had to be pretty special to exploit run blocking deficiency. It's harder to counteract a bad pass blocking line without going shorter or quicker throws. And that's what gets criticized by a lot. People want Smith to throw deeper and when he tries to, he gets sacked. Yes, there are times where he screws it up. The excuse only applies as to one reason why the passes aren't as long, it doesn't apply to efficiency of other plays.

Oline is key to everything on Offense.  Hard to exploit bad blocking.  You can exploit a blitz if that's what you are saying.  But I don't understand what it means to exploit bad blocking.

What I meant was find a hole where there is none, in Charles/Rushing case. That's not really exploting, I just mean succeeding despite good dline play/bad oline play. But to do so in the passing game, you either have to have quick passes, play action a lot (gameplan, not QB issue), or escape the pocket. We do that with quick passes and the running game, but if the issue is deep plays, not simply running an offense, how do you do that when the oline's a sieve? People excuse Smith for lack of deep plays because of the oline (because we are instead getting sacked or throwing short), they don't excuse his conservatism tag or lack of execution when he has time. Everyone and their mama has talked about Smith's perceived and real flaws (all QBs have them, have you seen Manning run?), they just have legitimate reasons for why our attack is shorter (oline, WCO, and yes, some of it is a tradeoff Smith makes to extend drives, get field goals, run out clock, avoid turnovers versus the potential reward of going for it minus the risk - INT/INC instead of potential first and field position).

Not really sure of what your point is by saying an elite running back has skills that Davis doesn't have and that an oline hurts a QBs ability to stay long in the pocket for deeper or longer developing plays. When Smith misses a quick throw that he should make or does have time but misses the receiver, there are no excuses. The oline "excuse" is actually a legitimate reason for lack of deeper attempts. It's not nor should it be an excuse for other deficient play. And I don't really see anyone making excuses for him when he fucks it up. When he holds on the ball too long or has happy feet, that's on him and I have seen people call him out for it.

Charles is a special player and I don't see how it really applies to Davis or Smith. Bad run blocking and bad pass blocking both have limitations and ways to exploit it, it's just that you had to be pretty special to exploit run blocking deficiency. It's harder to counteract a bad pass blocking line without going shorter or quicker throws. And that's what gets criticized by a lot. People want Smith to throw deeper and when he tries to, he gets sacked. Yes, there are times where he screws it up. The excuse only applies as to one reason why the passes aren't as long, it doesn't apply to efficiency of other plays.

I'm saying Davis is good. I'm saying Alex smith gets a pass for OLINE play.

I think Davis would be really good with better OLINE play. Equal to a starter.

Pretty simple.

What I meant was find a hole where there is none, in Charles/Rushing case. That's not really exploting, I just mean succeeding despite good dline play/bad oline play. But to do so in the passing game, you either have to have quick passes, play action a lot (gameplan, not QB issue), or escape the pocket. We do that with quick passes and the running game, but if the issue is deep plays, not simply running an offense, how do you do that when the oline's a sieve? People excuse Smith for lack of deep plays because of the oline (because we are instead getting sacked or throwing short), they don't excuse his conservatism tag or lack of execution when he has time. Everyone and their mama has talked about Smith's perceived and real flaws (all QBs have them, have you seen Manning run?), they just have legitimate reasons for why our attack is shorter (oline, WCO, and yes, some of it is a tradeoff Smith makes to extend drives, get field goals, run out clock, avoid turnovers versus the potential reward of going for it minus the risk - INT/INC instead of potential first and field position).

I see.  Charles is the best I've seen since Marcus Allen at squirting through and inch wide hole.

thanks....

i'll go with Davis at this point in time.

C-west has done very well for himself and should get a few snaps a game this year.

w

West unlike you guys...I only need a quarter of a preseason game to determine if a player is worthy or not...

plus I bought an early version of Bill's HAT on ebay...

West is gonna be good, West..

He made the team when they cut Gray.

As for gaining the #2 spot from Davis, if he does, I'll suppot the decision. But, Davis will have to screw up for that to happen. He has proven that he can spell Charles and can fill in admirably when Charles is hurt. West has proven nothing yet.

Davis has proven to be one dimensional. On the field he reminds me a lot of LJ. Who was no joke as a straight line hard nose runner, but still very limited tool box. I don't think we will ever be the guy to replace Charles.

I really like CJ Anderson or Spiller in this offense. Quick and shifty. Can run routes. West gives me that kind of feel. WAY to early to draw conclusions, but he is walking that path so far.

Archived