Last night

Man, it was good to see some of that... speccially smith to maclin..

and watching williams.. wasnt so bad..

guys getting sePeration, and making others look silly..

kelce was kelce.

houston was houston...  a major force of nature..

ford is quite disruptive as well...

Poe added to that mix, and with a healthy berry and dj, and peters playing the way he has.. some DC coordinators are gonna have nightmares when everybody is back..

Still hard to see anything better than a 9-7 unless Peyton gets hurt.

Denver is struggling to put up points against a desemated SF team. 5-0 at the 2 minute warning but they just got away with a blatant block in the back and should score here.

Best they could muster was another FG. 8-0 with 1:39. I think KC beats Denver this year, probably at Arrowhead.

Is their D really that good or is it that Phillips loves to constantly blitz in the preseason against poor teams?

Phillips has fielded a higher tier Defense more often than not.

I wouldn't write off the Denver Broncos, even if Manning has a wet noodle for an arm.

They are going to play better Defense. Along with that, they have a capable rusher in CJ Anderson and a good run blocking mind with Kubiak. Landing Mathis will give whoever is carrying the rock a solid body to follow.

Peyton could be done physically, but his mental game is still high and he can change the offensive call into favorable matchups.

Guest okiechief

I've got the feeling Manning is gonna be one of those guys that stayed a year to long chasing the ring. 

Not counting it as a win just yet, but if can't beat them on a short week at home, combined with their offensive problems, then we never will as long as Manning is under center. 

I've got the feeling Manning is gonna be one of those guys that stayed a year to long chasing the ring. 

Not counting it as a win just yet, but if can't beat them on a short week at home, combined with their offensive problems, then we never will as long as Manning is under center.

Manning has defied ALL of our predictions. Don't sell him short. The Chiefs are his favorite whipping boy.

Guest okiechief

I think it's in the Chiefs benefit to have more time to prep.

Andy is an excellent study.

The 2nd time we played Denver last year Andy and the coaches had 10 days to prepare and we still lost by almost 2 TDS in AH last year.  

I just believe the short week benefits the home team more is all.   

I don't see how he can be as good this year, but I am from Missouri. Manning starts every game and doesn't win his division? Show me. We are not far removed from one good hit and he is paralyzed. I give him the benefit of the doubt. We need to be able to beat the Manining we are used to seeing. And I think we will.

Let's look at what has changed since last year:

On Defense

1. Derrick Johnson is back

2. Mike Devito is back

3. Marcus Peters is in the secondary

4. Eric Berry is healthy

5. Dee Ford now has a clue...

On Offense:

1. Maclin

2. Grubbs

The Chiefs CAN beat Denver...

w

On Defense

2. Mike Devito is back

4. Eric Berry is healthy

On Offense:

1. Maclin

2. Grubbs

w

You have to subtract Hudson, but that's still a lot of pluses. 

On Defense

2. Mike Devito is back

4. Eric Berry is healthy

On Offense:

1. Maclin

2. Grubbs

w

I would add, West and LDT on offense. I know you are focusing on starters, but on the back burner these guys are looking like future starters. I love to see that.

I liked this past game, but also liked the Seahawks game.  The Chiefs were playing the hawks just like they did last year, with the bonus of Maclin making plays.  I wonder how that game would have turned out if it were the regular season.

Archived