Chandarick West has a concussion

I think he is the #2 next year. He fits this offense so well. His skills match up with Charles so you don't have to change your approach.

I think a heavy dose of Davis this year then trade him. He is cheap and valuable. A team can work him through 2016 at an 800k cap hit. He just doesn't fit this pass happy offense. The 2 weakest parts of his game are pass blocking and receiving. He would be perfect for a run heavy offense.

Well he is cheap through 2016. Then you won't be able to resign him easily. He is to valuable to a Mash mouth team. I am good keeping him. I like him, but unless Reed goes he doesn't fit as a replacement for Charles. Would you agree with that much?

He's not meant to be a Charles replacement and never was. He was meant to be what he is....well cept for being a bit of a better pass catcher.

He fits his role like he should and he may fetch some cash in FA, but the Chiefs will probably match it unless he gets an absurd offer.

The RB market is rather depressed so he probably stays.

Knile Davis believes he is as good or better than Jamaal Charles. He thinks the only thing holding him back is to get that chance. It must be eating him alive to see the Chiefs move a new guy in front of him, especially one that was not even drafted. Still, this is not an attack on Davis. Charcandrick West is a better running back. He hits the hole quicker, and runs harder, despite his smaller size. He is a terrific pass catcher, and knows how to run routes as well as most receivers on the team. If you watch him play, he has this sense of where the others are on the field. This translates to his running, and pass catching. He instinctively knows where the open space is, and gets there. In my opinion, he would make a tremendous wide receiver. I hope they use Davis more in running situations, and utilize West in areas where he can get out in space. Davis is a very fast running back. However, he is timid, and dances through the hole. He does not seem to have the vision as much as West of Charles. When the hole is there, and he hits it, he is gone. When the hole moves, he dances around, and gets very little. 

Concussions are serious business. The Chiefs need to take care of West, and make sure he is ready for the season. There is not a need for any further review. They know what they have. Shut him down until the season begins. 

Knile Davis believes he is as good or better than Jamaal Charles. He thinks the only thing holding him back is to get that chance. It must be eating him alive to see the Chiefs move a new guy in front of him, especially one that was not even drafted. Still, this is not an attack on Davis. Charcandrick West is a better running back. He hits the hole quicker, and runs harder, despite his smaller size. He is a terrific pass catcher, and knows how to run routes as well as most receivers on the team. If you watch him play, he has this sense of where the others are on the field. This translates to his running, and pass catching. He instinctively knows where the open space is, and gets there. In my opinion, he would make a tremendous wide receiver. I hope they use Davis more in running situations, and utilize West in areas where he can get out in space. Davis is a very fast running back. However, he is timid, and dances through the hole. He does not seem to have the vision as much as West of Charles. When the hole is there, and he hits it, he is gone. When the hole moves, he dances around, and gets very little.

Concussions are serious business. The Chiefs need to take care of West, and make sure he is ready for the season. There is not a need for any further review. They know what they have. Shut him down until the season begins.

What makes you think he's ahead of Davis?

What makes you think he's ahead of Davis?

A few on here have put him ahead of Davis. Reid just hasn't had time to read the forum yet.

The way Eraser talks about West, I can't believe that he wasn't a first round pick.

There's an awfully big difference between being a young unknown throwing out 110% to even make the roster and a vet that's had years of wear and tear from NFL hits and has to physically be ready to handle 16 weeks of pounding.

West is young and talented, but I want to see him keep it up over 4 months of getting hit.

There really isn't a lot of value in Knile Davis and Andy Reid isn't going to feel like he needs to go.

He's a bellcow runner like Duce Staley was for him for years and years and he will stick around probably.

The only team I could see wanting to trade for him would be Dallas. You know how Jerry Jones loves those former Arkansas RB's. But I don't think the Chiefs let him go until he's a FA.

There's an awfully big difference between being a young unknown throwing out 110% to even make the roster and a vet that's had years of wear and tear from NFL hits and has to physically be ready to handle 16 weeks of pounding.

West is young and talented, but I want to see him keep it up over 4 months of getting hit.

Davis was playing great against Indy in the playoffs before injury. He is solid. He's a value to our team. Period.

I kinda agree with the thread...I do not see Davis as losing the #2 RB slot at this time.  That said, West has been quite a revelation in the preseason, of course, its still just the preseason.

I will say that if Niles fumbles a couple of times, he will be riding the pine.

w

Archived