Which Chief is poised for a Career Year?

I thought about this over the weekend as the roster begins to take shape.

Charles and Alex Smith have both had some great seasons and if either one of them have "career years" this team is going to be a monster.

My bet would be on Kelce.  He is ascending and should get plenty of balls thrown his way.

On the defensive side of the ball, the D-line is going to be really good so I expect a healthy DJ to just kill it this season leading the team in tackles.  I would not be the least bit surprised to see Justin Houston break the sack record.

w

Sample size - Kelce. Hard not to pick him when there is little time before this year.

Statistically - Not predicting crazy stats, but Smith should have career high totals/per game stats. He's pushing a bit, not expecting gunslinging.

Catches - Kelce and Maclin (fewer yards, though).

Defense - Dee Ford, hasn't played much, so can only go up.

Assuming 16 games for all.

I don't see the reason for the Dee Ford love.  It would be great if he lives up to first round potential, but so far he looks lost to me except for straight pass rushes.  Gotta do more than that to replace Hali.

To the point of the OP, assuming what is meant is breakout vs. MVP for the team, then I'd go with Kelce on offense and Peters on defense.  Peters is poised to become really good really quickly as he gains experience throughout the season.

To hell with that all of em.. everybody is gonna break there own personal records, and team records will fall left and right..

Pretty good read on how Reid gets his players to accomplish more by working to their strengths mostly and getting better at their weaknesses, rather than pushing his "system." That sounds so common sense, but I've seen square pegs trying to be forced into round holes many times by other coaches.

http://m.heraldextra.com/entering-year-three-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-has-his-quarterbacks/article_4f00a34f-fa46-5009-b3af-579922bb8951.html?mobile_touch=true

Archived