Josh Forrest - ILB 2016 Kentucky

I spoke with Josh's mother Saturday. The Chiefs are one of two teams interested in him. He may go in the second round. Josh was a quarterback, receiver, and safety in high school. He had 4.5 speed. UK converted him to ILB due to his size. He has excellent hands, and a sense of where the ball is or the play is going. He took over games in high school making receptions, intercepting passes, and making huge plays. I thought he was better suited for S, but he got directed a different way. 

I have written a little of Josh Forest in the past. I just wanted to keep it on the boilerplate. The Chiefs have DJ, Mauga, and Ramik Wilson. Justin March is hurt, but played better than Alexander. There is always room for a play maker. As we watch the Chiefs this season, it will be interesting to see if there is room for another ILB. I definitely think the Chiefs biggest need is on the offensive line, but they may also be looking for an ILB. Josh Forrest could be one to watch this fall. 

They have him playing at 255. Forrest's mom said he feels a bit sluggish there, and would rather drop back to 240. Thinks he will do this when getting ready for the draft. Ran a 4.6 when at 240, but in the 4.7's at 255. 

The rules are tricky, but college allows the players to have conversations about where they will go in the draft. His mom says they think he will be a second round pick. Due to where he plays, and a number of other reasons, I feel he may not go that high. I do believe he is a guy who could grow into becoming a very good player. He is playing at a weight that is too heavy for him, IMHO. He was tall, but weighed a lot less. I'm thinking in the 210 -215 range. He was asked to move to ILB when he got to college, and it took him some time to bulk up. This should be a big year for him. He is fairly unheard of, but the scouts know him.

Archived