Bray extended

This came as a real surprise to me. I guess Chase Daniel is definitely gone after this year. I hate to lose him, since I think he is the best back-up in the league, but I can't begrudge him the chance to start somewhere. And I do think that he is better than the starter on some teams right now. Hope he gets a shot to start somewhere.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/3/9254527/tyler-bray-chiefs-agree-to-2-year-contract-extension

Probably a good thing if Dorsey, and Reed believe he is worth it. They will pay him the league minimum in order to keep him on the IR. I now wonder if Dorsey put a hit out on Bray to hurt his knee in order to place him on IR for another year. I smacks of a conspiracy.

If anyone should know it would be our current staff. They are pretty good in assessing talent at that position. Bray needed to develop under a watchful eye, and mature. He fell into the perfect position to get that done. The rest is up to him.  

Absolutely.  Daniel has waited long enough to be a starter, and he is more than ready.  I think he could be a starter for a large number of middle tier teams.  I wish we could keep him.  But you never know who could emerge as the next star.  It all depends on which guy is a better fit for Reid's system.  Reid does not care much for drop back QB's with rifle arms who don't have to think or scramble too much. It is even possible that there may be enough competition among teams wanting Daniel that he could garner us another high draft pick in a trade.

Absolutely.  Daniel has waited long enough to be a starter, and he is more than ready.  I think he could be a starter for a large number of middle tier teams.  I wish we could keep him.  But you never know who could emerge as the next star.  It all depends on which guy is a better fit for Reid's system.  Reid does not care much for drop back QB's with rifle arms who don't have to think or scramble too much. It is even possible that there may be enough competition among teams wanting Daniel that he could garner us another high draft pick in a trade.

If, and thats if, KC can get a 3-4 round pick I would deal Daniel now. Murray showed he can be a capable back up.

They have a 2 deep QB system if they deal Chase.

They are not going to deal Chase. Murray wouldn't be ready to run the Offense if Smith goes down and the Bray deal is them getting things inline for when Chase leaves in FA next year.

I guess I dont have the inside info you have on Murray. :) He sure looked good last week.

Reid's WCO is incredibly difficult to learn and master and it's not a stretch by any means to figure that Murray has mastered it from one year on the bench.

Not sure mastery is necessary for the back up QB. Even if mastered it he is not Smith. Losing Smith for a long stretch would not be good with Daniel or Murray. Reid can gameplan with Murray. So the gamble is do you trade Daniel, I doubt they could get a high pick, hoping Smith does not get seriously injured? Saves Cap Space and you get a high pick. 3rd or 4th. Again I doubt they can get a 3rd or 4th. Not that I honestly have a clue to value. :wub:   :unsure:

You would maybe get a 5th for Daniel. You could keep Daniel for now and possibly get about that much from a comp pick later.

A few quarters against a bad Tennessee squad doesn't equate that Murray is ready to start. Against a 2-14 squad that allegedly didn't even gameplan for the game.

The better option for the number two role is Chase. Andy Reid still has to win games and he will protect his young QB as much as possible.

You would maybe get a 5th for Daniel. You could keep Daniel for now and possibly get about that much from a comp pick later.

A few quarters against a bad Tennessee squad doesn't equate that Murray is ready to start. Against a 2-14 squad that allegedly didn't even gameplan for the game.

The better option for the number two role is Chase. Andy Reid still has to win games and he will protect his young QB as much as possible.

I agree Chase is the best option. The question to me is Risk vs Reward?

Vs a bad Tennessee Team that beat us last year? What is shows is he can execute the plays, knows the offense, hit the open receiver , throw on the run and has composure. If the receivers are not open , or the line fails etc that would hurt any QB. So Smith had a great half against a bad team too. If you dont do great against the competition then you dont move up. Murray looked ready to take the next step.

Well the risk is you lose your damn job and the possible reward is a later day 3 pick. A later day 3 pick you could probably get anyhow if you don't mind waiting longer for it.

It's a really easy choice and the fact that a bad Titans squad beat us doesn't mean anything beyond sometimes Andy can be a bad coach.

The Cardinals would strongly recommend we keep a veteran backup that can win games. If we lose Smith for a playoff game, we need Chase. I would not even consider trading him. It's bad enough that we lose him next year.

I like the back to back performances by Murray. And I liked the bounce back from the pick. He will be a good back up next year IMO.

Archived