Surprise Cut? Just a Hunch

Guest formerdb

Whoever ends up starting gets to line up in front of Vince Wilfork week 1. Throw in JJ Watt and Clowney (who I believe will be out to prove something this year, and what better place to start than the home opener), and we're going to find out exactly what we have in the O-line right off the bat.

I am not confident.

Quick slants and reverses tend to hurt these type of guys.

true..

this may be the time to actually run last years offense..

quick short safe passes..slants..etc...then the next game start airing it out some..although Denver has a great pass rush I don't think they have the pure physical power to bull rush straight into the QB like watt and wilfork possess...

Quick slants and reverses tend to hurt these type of guys.

Alex will need to do a better job of releasing the ball in a quick fashion. Even if the pass isn't there, he should still throw it away instead of taking a sack or a hit. I feel this has been one of Smith's greatest weakness in the past - the inability to just get rid of the ball when the pocket quickly collapses. I love when he makes plays on his feet but we don't want to see him take the hits he took last season

true..

this may be the time to actually run last years offense..

quick short safe passes..slants..etc...then the next game start airing it out some..although Denver has a great pass rush I don't think they have the pure physical power to bull rush straight into the QB like watt and wilfork possess...

This is why I was disappointed that Houston was the first team we played on the schedule. I felt that we were going to come in with a good game plan to win and that might mean a lower offense and more defense. Of course, fans would get upset and inpatient with that. I just want to win, but if we could win against somebody else with the offense against someone else in Week 1, great.

Between William and Hammond, there was no contest.  Both seemed to have good hands as receivers, but Hammond has more experience and is a key cog on ST's.  If William makes it onto the practice squad, he can start learning the other stuff.  Watching the preseason games, I also thought that Hammond was making quicker breaks on his routes than Williams.  Williams seemed to have more downfield speed, but Hammond can contribute even if our top WR's remain healthy.

Don't they have to wait until tomorrow before he clears and can be picked back up by the Chiefs? Maybe I have this wrong.

They have already picked Fred Williams back onto the practice squad. Must be great to have a job but suck that the whole league passed after his multi-TD preseason.

Maybe Catapano has decided to go looking for a suitor instead of quickly resigning? But not being picked does show his limitations of teams interest.

I still wonder if the mysterious illness form last year has something to do with this. Maybe is was serious or maybe there was no illness and he just flaked out. I don't want to speculate what the deal is, but if he does not make a team, something is going on.

Glad that Williams is back on the PS. I don't know what could be wrong with Cat.  They really were not forthcoming about that. I don't know of any chronic illness that includes gain in muscle mass.  As DieHard said, it could be a mental illness ("flaked out"), like endogenous depression requiring meds that will forever keep him less than his best on a football field. If I were to bet, I would guess it is something like that.

Archived