Tyler Bray, Chiefs agree to 2-year contract extension

This kid must really have something...

I didn't see this coming. Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Bray has signed a two-year contract extension, according to ESPN's Field Yates.

Bray, who tore his ACL late last year, was entering the final year of his contract so this is two years on top of that. This tells us that Bray is likely to make the team this year. He is currently on reserve / NFI -- Field also reports the Chiefs will pay his full $510,000 salary this year even though they don't have to do that with NFI players -- so the Chiefs will have some decisions about how to handle him after he comes off that injury list but this is an interesting decision.

I wonder if the Chiefs plan on having Bray and Aaron Murray competing for the No. 2 job if (when?) Chase Daniel leaves after this season. That makes sense, no?

This also speaks to the value of quarterbacks in this league. Someone asked me the other day why the Chiefs would keep Bray around. I said, why not? Maybe Andy Reid can flip him for a draft pick in two years. Maybe he beats out Aaron Murray. Why not keep him?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/3/9254527/tyler-bray-chiefs-agree-to-2-year-contract-extension

Archived