Chiefs sign Jah Reid g/t

loads of potential. other than a bizarre strip club fight, no issues...but that one was a doozy, Allen is still out and there aren't suitable backups at T, 6'7" 325 lbs and 34.5 inch arms. A little timid for his size ( except for in a strip club). Good upper body strength, but lower body is a problem. Lacks power in the legs. Technique is alright. Needs work. Was highly regarded on the team, but his career has spiraled down since his rookie season. Better G than T. He can play TE in jumbo packages. 

I think Jeff Allen is going to be released, and this is the first step in that process. 

IIRC, KC had interest in drafting him. Baltimore traded up ahead of them to get him.

KC had to settle for the next best thing... Allen Bailey. I'm glad it worked out this way. Now the Chiefs have both. Jah Reid was supposed to be a bit of a project for Baltimore, but he turned into a nightmare. He was active for all 16 games his first year in the league, but started none of them. In 2012, Reid started 7 games, and played in two more. His career has been marked by nagging injuries. In 2014, he missed the entire OTA period with a calf injury. Baltimore has a very good OL coaching staff, so he has received good training. It just hasn't worked. 

I felt the Chiefs were going to take the best guy available on the OL when cuts were made. Reid has underperformed, but if he did well he would not be on the waiver wires. As such, the Chiefs now have the task of trying to resurrect Jah Reid's dead career. 

I'm still scratching my head about them keeping Fanaika...huh?

Me too.

This is Paul Fanaika's sixth team in seven years. He was a starter for all of 2013. He was hurt much of 2014 (low ankle), but started in 14 games. Other than that, he only appeared in 3 other games (Seattle 2011). Fanaika was a 7th round selection in 2009 (Washington). He was cut, and placed on their practice team until 2011, when he was waived. Cleveland plucked him from the heaps of discarded players, and released him one day after he made the team. He was on their practice team until Seattle signed him. He played in three games during his time at Seattle. That is when Arizona, desperate for a RG, signed him, and he played the past two years with them. 

Fanaika has natural size, but only lifted 15 reps at the combine. He has obviously gotten stronger since that time. He was a Guard at Arizona in college. He has 35 inch long arms, and huge hands (10 7/8). He has the size to be obstructive to the defense on the OL. He is a late bloomer. Perhaps Andy thinks he can make further progress, but Fanaika appears to me to be a back up, at best. 

He is a vet

He is a mormon

Andy likes those. 

KC had to settle for the next best thing... Allen Bailey. I'm glad it worked out this way. Now the Chiefs have both. Jah Reid was supposed to be a bit of a project for Baltimore, but he turned into a nightmare. He was active for all 16 games his first year in the league, but started none of them. In 2012, Reid started 7 games, and played in two more. His career has been marked by nagging injuries. In 2014, he missed the entire OTA period with a calf injury. Baltimore has a very good OL coaching staff, so he has received good training. It just hasn't worked.

I felt the Chiefs were going to take the best guy available on the OL when cuts were made. Reid has underperformed, but if he did well he would not be on the waiver wires. As such, the Chiefs now have the task of trying to resurrect Jah Reid's dead career.

Allen Bailey is a beast. He's going to have another good year.

Archived