The Dontari Poe Thread

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Monday that NT Dontari Poe (back) has a "chance" to play in Week 1 against the Texans.
Even if Poe doesn't play, this is great news for his recovery from back surgery. He avoided reserve/PUP and has resumed practicing in individual drills.

Per Roto World

I really didn't think that Dontari Poe, who had surgery to repair a herniated disc in mid-July, would be back until sometime in October. According to KC Chiefs coach Andy Reid, THERE IS A CHANCE DONTARI POE COULD PLAY IN WEEK 1.

ALL CAPS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SHOW YOU HOW I EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS NEWS.

One doctor said after Poe's back surgery that a normal timeline would be three months. So I figured after the July 15 surgery that Poe would be back sometime in mid-October. Yet here we sit just a few days before the season opener and Poe is getting back to practice.

"He's on schedule to possibly have an opportunity to play" in Week 1 against the Texans, Reid said. Perhaps if he does play, it's not on a full-time basis because Poe is used to playing almost every snap in games.

He will be limited in practice, according to Reid. It was said that at this point in his recovery Poe really needed to get his strength back and get into football shape. Apparently he is some sort of freak because he's close enough to playing that the Chiefs are acknowledging it's possible.

If he can't go, Jaye Howard is the man. But if he can? Hoo boy...

Per Arrowhead Pride

I'm with DieHard,  but one source said the healing time would be determined not by the bad disc, but by the muscles they had to cut through to get to it.  So it's mainly a matter of pain until the muscles heal up.  If Poe can tolerate the pain, then he can practice.  Not sure if that information is accurate, but it makes sense and the risk of a setback is low.

It's that goat milk...perhaps the Cheese ;)

We have two neutered male pygmy goats (actually one of them is a Nigerian Dwarf goat).  Oscar and Felix.  They are just pets. Very smart.  They bring me good luck. I know this is true, because I am still alive.

We have two neutered male pygmy goats (actually one of them is a Nigerian Dwarf goat). Oscar and Felix. They are just pets. Very smart. They bring me good luck. I know this is true, because I am still alive.

But isn't that bad luck for other people who die? How selfish, you having the goats are making other people die.

Per Roto World

Chiefs NT Dontari Poe (back) is practicing Wednesday.
Poe has made an extraordinarily quick recovery from July back surgery and has a real chance to play Week 1 against the Texans. It'd be a shot to an already-weak Texans running game that will be trotting out Alfred Blue as the starter.

Archived