Chiefs vs. Texans

This should be a Chiefs win.  It's always tough to win the opening game in the others guys' house, but Hoyer and the backup RBs just don't scare me that much.  If the Chiefs give up more than 20 points, I'll be disappointed in spite of Poe and Smith out of the defense.  Their defense scares me a bit, but a good dose of JC, Kelce, and DAT plus a couple to Maclin should do the trick.  \

My guess:  Chiefs 24, Texans 17

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We suck. Probably won't win a game. On NFL Network this morning when asked about the West, they said that Denver would repeat or the bolts would win it. No mention of KC.

In all seriousness though, I expect a win. I have a good feeling this year. Not since Marty's tenure have I felt this optimistic. Playoff win(s) this year if the oline doesn't screw us.

Guest Tomahawkchop

The Texans' board has all but guaranteed a Houston victory.  Essentially our O is no match for their D.  Watt and Wilfork are going to kill Smith and Charles.  Low scoring predictions (19-14, 16-13, etc.) but the Texans win...

I have watched zero preseason games except the Chiefs', so I don't know anything about the Texans except Watt is a beast, Foster is out (don't know who will be carrying the rock) and don't know who their WR's are.  I know Hoyer is a lesser 

I'm not impressed with Hoyer as their QB either...

That said, I have a good feeling not only about this game, but the season as a whole and think the Chiefs steal this game with a fairly close win - 21-17-ish.

Can somebody who's more up to speed on the Texans tell me why the Chiefs will win or lose this game?

i cant see the Chiefs scoring much on that D but I can see our D putting the smack down on their O. 17 -14 Chiefs. one of our TD 's will be ST or Defensive

I see your score and change just the touchdowns being offensive. I reserve the right to change my prediction before kickoff. :)

Guest Tomahawkchop

I don't think Andy gets carried away with runs early.  With Houston's pass rush I can see a heavy dose of screen action early to slow down Watt, Click, Clowney, Wilfork rush.  Jamal will get his touches, but they may be more in the form of receptions.

You all are aware that Houston beat 2 team's with winning records last year right. I know KC lost to Tennessee but I am personally tired of hearing how great Houston's D is. Let's see they beat the Titans twice, Redskins, Raiders, Brownies, Jaguars, and the only two winning team the Bills and the Ravens a far cry from dominating teams.

Sorry if I am not to scared of Houston.

I think there is some concern on matchups.

Hopkins has really started to emerge as a #1 WR for them and him on Peters could be a not favorable match up. Fisher on Watt might be worse.

The Chiefs Front 7 should match up favorably against the Texans Oline if whoever is playing at NG can handle their assignment well.

The Texans are considerably weak in the secondary and the Chiefs should have an easy victory if they can exploit it. That's a big if and we'll have to wait and see.

I think the Chiefs win handily. I don't see our offense making Hoyer look particularly good. If Foster wasn't out, Blue is just a back-up runner. Their defense doesn't scare me. The Chiefs offense has a lot of weapons now, and Charles and Maclin should shine. Chiefs win 31-13.

Can somebody who's more up to speed on the Texans tell me why the Chiefs will win or lose this game?

While certainly not up on the Texans, I do think Hoyer is one of the worst starters at QB in the league.  He'll make a few throws, but overall his history is lots of INTs and a low rating.  They have one good receiver whose name I can't remember right now but after that they're pretty thin.  Foster being out has to hurt them.  The Chiefs will probably try to negate Watt, Clowney, and Wilfolk by using Charles, Kelce, and DAT over the middle.  The Texans secondary is pretty good so I don't predict much deep stuff.  Quick passes and oppressive D against a weak Texans' O is the key to winning.

The Chiefs could lose if the O-line doesn't give Smith time to get off the short passes or if the Chiefs turn over the ball more than the Texans.  No question, their D could be very good so a low scoring game is likely.

i cant see the Chiefs scoring much on that D but I can see our D  putting the smack down on their O. 17 -14 Chiefs. one of our TD 's will be ST or Defensive

I agree with this. Watt and Wilfork make it tough but our D beats their offense even if Poe cannot play.

Archived