Chiefs vs. Texans

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a list of the top 10 defenses last year and what the Chiefs did to them.

Out of the 7 games the lackluster, suckass O-line, no WR catching TDs, game managing can’t throw the ball more than 5 yd QB led team went 4-3 where two of the three loses were of by 5 points or less.

Yes it says a lot for the defense holding the opponents to 29 points or less but the Chiefs being able to beat top 10 defenses, oh and by the way Houston was only ranked #16, tells me that the Chiefs should, I said SHOULD, beat the Texans no matter what people think of their D.

Seattle #1 Chiefs won @ home 24-20

Detroit #2 Chiefs didn’t play them

Denver #3 Chiefs lost twice (@ Denver 17-14) and @ home 29-16)

Buffalo #4 Chiefs won @ Buffalo 17-13

San Francisco #5 Chiefs lost @ SF 22-17

NY Giants #6 didn’t play them

KC #7

Baltimore #8 didn’t play them

SD Chargers #9 Chiefs beat them twice (@ SD 23-20 and @ home 19-7 with backups)

Carolina Panthers #10 didn’t play them

Guest Tomahawkchop

While certainly not up on the Texans, I do think Hoyer is one of the worst starters at QB in the league.  He'll make a few throws, but overall his history is lots of INTs and a low rating.  They have one good receiver whose name I can't remember right now but after that they're pretty thin.  Foster being out has to hurt them.  The Chiefs will probably try to negate Watt, Clowney, and Wilfolk by using Charles, Kelce, and DAT over the middle.  The Texans secondary is pretty good so I don't predict much deep stuff.  Quick passes and oppressive D against a weak Texans' O is the key to winning.

The Chiefs could lose if the O-line doesn't give Smith time to get off the short passes or if the Chiefs turn over the ball more than the Texans.  No question, their D could be very good so a low scoring game is likely.

Thanks, Jet!  That's basically my uneducated feeling as well.  I think it comes down to which offense can be efficient enough to score a handful of points as both defenses appear to be better/advanced compared to the opposing offense.

While certainly not up on the Texans, I do think Hoyer is one of the worst starters at QB in the league. He'll make a few throws, but overall his history is lots of INTs and a low rating. They have one good receiver whose name I can't remember right now but after that they're pretty thin. Foster being out has to hurt them. The Chiefs will probably try to negate Watt, Clowney, and Wilfolk by using Charles, Kelce, and DAT over the middle. The Texans secondary is pretty good so I don't predict much deep stuff. Quick passes and oppressive D against a weak Texans' O is the key to winning.

The Chiefs could lose if the O-line doesn't give Smith time to get off the short passes or if the Chiefs turn over the ball more than the Texans. No question, their D could be very good so a low scoring game is likely.

Hoyer survived last year because of three things: one, people underestimated him. Two, people didn't have film on him. Three, people wanted him to do well because he's from Cleveland and some just didn't like Johnny. Four, at the beginning, his risky plays paid off before they came back to earth later. He was getting a lot of big yards to start and then fell. I see the reason why he did well at the beginning of the year to be the same as why Josh McCown did well in relief of Jay Cutler and how Kaepernick had his best days at the beginning of his career. If Hoyer can take what the defense gives him and rely on the defense, he'll do well. If he tries to prove himself right away, I think he will either have the same up-and-down or just down. I think he needs to get himself settled first.

Hoyer survived last year because of three things: one, people underestimated him. Two, people didn't have film on him. Three, people wanted him to do well because he's from Cleveland and some just didn't like Johnny. Four, at the beginning, his risky plays paid off before they came back to earth later. He was getting a lot of big yards to start and then fell. I see the reason why he did well at the beginning of the year to be the same as why Josh McCown did well in relief of Jay Cutler and how Kaepernick had his best days at the beginning of his career. If Hoyer can take what the defense gives him and rely on the defense, he'll do well. If he tries to prove himself right away, I think he will either have the same up-and-down or just down. I think he needs to get himself settled first.

Didn't he have a QB rating of about 40 and throw nearly as many INTs as TDs?  It's hard to know how to gameplan around that, but the Chiefs should do well on defense.  It's only the defensive mistake that results in an 80 yd. run or defender falling down type of thing that scares me.

CBS predicts the Chiefs going 8-8. Losing twice to the Donks. ^_^

Denver going 12-4, SD 9-7. Everybody still bandwagon donkey fans. This season will be Manning's last run.

We had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year. Now, i'm pretty sure we're middle of the pack with regards to hardest schedules (probably on the lighter side).

If we don't win the AFC West, win a playoff game, then it's a failed year by my standards. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25295558/predicting-the-2015-nfl-season-picking-256-games-playoffs-super-bowl

CBS predicts the Chiefs going 8-8. Losing twice to the Donks. ^_^

Denver going 12-4, SD 9-7. Everybody still bandwagon donkey fans. This season will be Manning's last run.

We had one of the toughest schedules in the league last year. Now, i'm pretty sure we're middle of the pack with regards to hardest schedules (probably on the lighter side).

If we don't win the AFC West, win a playoff game, then it's a failed year by my standards. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25295558/predicting-the-2015-nfl-season-picking-256-games-playoffs-super-bowl

These fools have the Chiefs starting out 0-4

Because the oline needs to be time tested: I look for KC to be very conservative on offense. Lots of two and three tight end formations. Much of what we saw last year for this game. Run the ball, screens and short passes. This is not the game to open up the new offense. I think we tried way too much passing in opening game last year. Should not make the same mistake again. With Maclin vs Bowe we should move the ball even if conservative. Stretch the field but feature Charles.

I do not see Houston moving the ball well against our D. So win field position and avoid turnovers. 

Chiefs 24 -10

These fools have the Chiefs starting out 0-4

It's hard as hell to win on the road. Makes it worse when all 3 road games are against winning teams and the one home game is vs Denver, who we have not beat once since Peyton signed there.

0-4 isn't out of the realm of possibility, but anything beyond .500 would be amazing. If they are 3-1 or better, I'd consider them a playoff lock barring a huge loss for the year.

Fans don't play the game, and neither do the people who get paid to report about them. The Chiefs will have to earn respect. It will not come easy. Sports writers get paid according to how many people read what they write. Kansas City is not a small town, but it is compared to the majority of other football cities. People, especially those on the west and east coast, think of Kansas City as a backwoods town, and don't really respect our sports teams. Now, these people on the East and West coasts are willfully ignorant. I am sure a few of them are good people. 

Wins and losses do not come from popular opinion. What matters more than getting credit is winning it. Even then, idiots from the coasts, who live vicariously through the lives of their own sports teams, will remain ignorant. Kansas City may win the Super Bowl, and some Jersey doof will still make a remark about how the Chefs never win in the playoffs. Maclin could gain 1500 yards receiving, and a surf boy from Cali will still recant "the Chiefs don't have any receivers."

I want the Chiefs to win, but I'm leaning toward them losing a close game. If they do win, which I believe is possible, it will not be by much IMO.  

Two seasons ago, when Reid took over, the schedule makers put the Chiefs against a team with an identical record the previous year (jags at 2-14).  They seem to be doing the same thing this year with the Texans having the same record as the Chiefs did last season. It would be nice if the outcome would be the same.

I'm just not sure. I don't know anything about the Texans. 

I honestly believe that KC is the far better "team" than the Texans. And as such they should win the game on Sunday. Doesn't always work out that way. Oline scares the crap out of me still. If Watt and Co. have a field day getting into the Chiefs backfield then the Texans win IMO. If the line can hold up at least on some of their drives then I think KC does enough to get the win.

Prediction:

Chiefs 19

Texans 13

I honestly believe that KC is the far better "team" than the Texans. And as such they should win the game on Sunday. Doesn't always work out that way. Oline scares the crap out of me still. If Watt and Co. have a field day getting into the Chiefs backfield then the Texans win IMO. If the line can hold up at least on some of their drives then I think KC does enough to get the win.

Prediction:

Chiefs 19

Texans 13

I honestly don't think they'll have a field day. I'm pretty sure our O-line is ready for the test. Sure hope so that is. 

Houston's offense looks like this:

QB-Bryan Hoyer, who? Oh yea the guy who has a 10-7 record in 6 years (3 he didn’t play) Has 19 TDs and 19 Ints.

RB-Alfred "I'm" Blue is no Arian Foster and frankly does scare me too much. It's not like they have a passing game to keep the D honest.

WRs-DeAndre Hopkins with his limited experience and career back up Nate Washington don't scare me like Andre Johnson did.

Nope the O doesn't bug me too much. On the D side they have all everything Watt and... Yes I know they Wilfork, Clowney, and Cushing but the Chiefs should be able to neutralize them. Chiefs have a good running game and decent passing game to keep them honest.

Good points all....

and here's another I do believe...

last years joke of an opening day performance...Alex Smith mentioned it the other day...they still remember how pathetic they were collectively..coaching..quarterbacking and especially receiving. Might as well cite blocking as well..

and the defense was humming along until two Achilles decided to explode almost at the same moment on two different players..the chiefs D couldn't compensate and they got trucked.....

Good points all....

and here's another I do believe...

last years joke of an opening day performance...Alex Smith mentioned it the other day...they still remember how pathetic they were collectively..coaching..quarterbacking and especially receiving. Might as well cite blocking as well..

and the defense was humming along until two Achilles decided to explode almost at the same moment on two different players..the chiefs D couldn't compensate and they got trucked.....

but they remember.

Houston's offense looks like this:

QB-Bryan Hoyer, who? Oh yea the guy who has a 10-7 record in 6 years (3 he didn’t play) Has 19 TDs and 19 Ints.

RB-Alfred "I'm" Blue is no Arian Foster and frankly does scare me too much. It's not like they have a passing game to keep the D honest.

WRs-DeAndre Hopkins with his limited experience and career back up Nate Washington don't scare me like Andre Johnson did.

Nope the O doesn't bug me too much. On the D side they have all everything Watt and... Yes I know they Wilfork, Clowney, and Cushing but the Chiefs should be able to neutralize them. Chiefs have a good running game and decent passing game to keep them honest.

Hopkins is good, although much of his success last year may have been because of opposing defenses focusing on Johnson.  Blue scares me, but not much, because the Chiefs have a history of making career games for average players.  My prediction of a win is based on the Chiefs having better players than last year due to returns from injury, a couple of free agents, and a few good rookies while the Texans are down at QB and RB.  All they have going for them is playing in their house.

Archived