Jae Reid starting over Eric Fisher..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Eric Fisher is still recovering from a high ankle sprain I am still surprised by this report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle that Jah Reid, not Fisher, is expected to start at right tackle.

The Chiefs listed Fisher as questionable entering the game but Andy Reid was talking throughout the week as if it was more likely that he would play. This means that Jah Reid, who was signed just last week, will be starting at right tackle, according to the Aaron Wilson report. Earlier this week Reid announced that Fisher would be playing right tackle while Donald Stephenson would play left tackle.

The Chiefs now need to have a plan for a third tackle. Maybe Fisher is active and will only play in an emergency. Or perhaps Jeff Allen, who is also dealing with an injury, is active and acts as the third tackle.

I don't expect this to happen to Jeff Allen but last year a new right tackle (Ryan Harris) started the season in place of the suspended Stephenson and never gave the job up.

Update: As our pal Herbie Teope points out, perhaps the field conditions played into this decision.

The timing of the events did not help at all. If all the stuff were known at the beginning, they could've just said Fisher was out for the game and Stephenson was going to play at left tackle and Reid was coming in for right tackle. That would've avoided all the bust talk and conversation. Especially with Fanaika going to IR. Plus, I didn't see any reason to tell people that the tackles had switched, must have had an open practice and someone saw it.

he Houston Texans are an NFL team worth well over $1,000, but somehow they can't afford to have a completely put together field.

A lot of times when you see this, it's because they had a concert or something on the field the night before. Maybe that's the excuse. Maybe they have a perfectly good reason.

screen_shot_2015-09-13_at_10.55.16_am.0.

Nope. The only thing in town this weekend was a Tech Fest and an Art Fair and neither of those took place on the field. So, I guess they just didn't feel like cleaning stuff up from a college football game eight days ago.

I get it, Texans. It's like when your mom tells you to make your bed, but you know you're just going to sleep in it that night anyways. Why waste the effort? Way to be efficient, Houston.

Tweet (22) Share

ok ok..having a crappy field to play on is an excuse not a reason not to play  someone. Its football Goddmanit! lets not play any starters if thats the case..ok fuck it lets just not play.

The field is crap I get that but thats not the reason its the excuse.

Chiefs won without having to use him. High ankle sprains are nothing to fuck with.  Remember Poe didn't start and hardly played, also.  I guess Poe is a tiffany nose tackle?  These comments are bullshit.  The Chiefs had a great game plan and kept Fisher and Poe fresh and better healed for Denver.  All of the passes were to the outside to avoid the long arms of the guys in the middle.  When the opponent has normal D-linemen and no J.J. Watt, Maclin will curl inside all day.  So will Kelce.  Andy Reid is not an idiot.

Chiefs won without having to use him. High ankle sprains are nothing to fuck with.  Remember Poe didn't start and hardly played, also.  I guess Poe is a tiffany nose tackle?  These comments are bullshit.  The Chiefs had a great game plan and kept Fisher and Poe fresh and better healed for Denver.  All of the passes were to the outside to avoid the long arms of the guys in the middle.  When the opponent has normal D-linemen and no J.J. Watt, Maclin will curl inside all day.  So will Kelce.  Andy Reid is not an idiot.

Agree about Fisher, but Poe did play quite a few snaps and got a push of several.

Archived