Jae Reid starting over Eric Fisher..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Arrowhead Pride

was reported by the Houston Chronicle shortly before Sunday's Chiefs-Texans game that Eric Fisher would not be playing in the game and that Jah Reid would be starting in his place at right tackle. The report stated that Fisher told them that he was concerned about his ankle.

Andy Reid spoke to the media after the game (via 101 The Fox's postgame audio). Here's what he had to say.

"It got to the point where it wasn't getting better," Reid said of Fisher's high ankle sprain.

Reid said that they "kept in communication with him throughout" and that Fisher thought he could play but it didn't end up working out. The Houston Chronicle report stated that the team was upset that Fisher told them on Friday that he was concerned about his ankle but Reid did not indicate that when speaking to the media after the game. Fisher told ESPN's Adam Teicher that it was completely the Chiefs decision not to play.

"He was trying to push through it and he was having a hard time getting his hips rolling over that," Reid said. "I just said we can't put ourselves in a position like that."

That it was the Chiefs decision and not Fisher's is a key point here because this blew up on Chiefs Twitter with people reading it as "Fisher asked out of a game against the NFL's best defensive line".

Jah Reid took a lot of reps at right tackle on Friday, although Fisher did practice, too.

Fisher did see some time in the game, however. Late in the game Donald Stephenson hurt his fin

lol, fescoe keeps calling him erica fisher

Fisher's disappointing first two seasons are one thing, but feminizing a player's name because of perceived toughness issues is disrespectful. Last year, it came out that Jamaal Charles tried to play through a not fully recovered high ankle sprain, and guess what? He wasn't as effective as he normally would be.

When Charles played on a high ankle sprain, the Chiefs' effectiveness was reduced on his touches. If Fisher were to play on a high ankle sprain, the Chiefs' effectiveness would be reduced on almost every offensive snap. Not only that, Fisher would constantly be having to push off of his bad ankle far more often than Charles had to, meaning his recovery would be even longer. Let him heal up.

Fisher's disappointing first two seasons are one thing, but feminizing a player's name because of perceived toughness issues is disrespectful. Last year, it came out that Jamaal Charles tried to play through a not fully recovered high ankle sprain, and guess what? He wasn't as effective as he normally would be.

When Charles played on a high ankle sprain, the Chiefs' effectiveness was reduced on his touches. If Fisher were to play on a high ankle sprain, the Chiefs' effectiveness would be reduced on almost every offensive snap. Not only that, Fisher would constantly be having to push off of his bad ankle far more often than Charles had to, meaning his recovery would be even longer. Let him heal up.

I don't know, has Fescoe played football? I sometimes will marvel at a missed easy catch, but I still understand that football is hard and I wouldn't do very well. But I especially would not question their physical toughness.

I don't know, has Fescoe played football? I sometimes will marvel at a missed easy catch, but I still understand that football is hard and I wouldn't do very well. But I especially would not question their physical toughness.

Hell he doesn't even do a good job of writing I doubt he could catch a ball or throw a block even in a backyard pickup game.

Thank you for the most objective and reasonable post on this thread.

Ever since Nolan told the locker room that Smith was blaming his play on his throwing arm grade III tear, calling him a coward or otherwise questioning his toughness AFTER he played four games on it, I don't really take people's chastising players for sitting out seriously. I just feel that most players will play if they can and if they can't, they're helping the team. If it's minor-ish and.or playoffs, I'd get antsy for a good to great player playing. Until then, it's usually the team telling a player not to play or the player know best.

None of us know how Fisher really feels or how much he's hampered by his sprain, but listening to Tim Gruenhart last night was telling.  Maybe he has no inside information, but he was very critical of Fisher for practicing all week and then not playing.  Possibly, there's a very good explanation, but it doesn't look good and puts Fisher in the fans' doghouse.

Grunny played in a different time. The players now days look at things differently. Before you had players cut off the tips of their fingers, play and not even remember playing, and playing with wires sticking out the end of a cast. You wont get that now, damaged goods don't make money.

Also look at all these so called tough guys wanting the NFL to pay all this money for being crippled. They are damned if they do damned if they don't.

None of us know how Fisher really feels or how much he's hampered by his sprain, but listening to Tim Gruenhart last night was telling.  Maybe he has no inside information, but he was very critical of Fisher for practicing all week and then not playing.  Possibly, there's a very good explanation, but it doesn't look good and puts Fisher in the fans' doghouse.

Grunny was non too generous with his opinions on Fisher this morning either.

Guest 303Chiefs

Maybe he did Smith and the team a favor. If he wasn't ready why play against Watt and risk further injuring the ankle and or allowing sacks that usually would be avoided if healthy.

Ever since Nolan told the locker room that Smith was blaming his play on his throwing arm grade III tear, calling him a coward or otherwise questioning his toughness AFTER he played four games on it, I don't really take people's chastising players for sitting out seriously. I just feel that most players will play if they can and if they can't, they're helping the team. If it's minor-ish and.or playoffs, I'd get antsy for a good to great player playing. Until then, it's usually the team telling a player not to play or the player know best.

Nobody...but NOBODY plays college ball at a level that gets them into the NFL, then goes through the training and conditioning regimen and smashmouth competition of training camp and against opponents in the regular season, who is a wuss.  It is as simple as that. Any former players, announcers, sportswriters or fans posting on a blog who imply otherwise are either ignorant, illogical, or stupid...possibly all three. There is no such thing as a wuss or malingerer who seeks to play at such a level and prepares for it, whether he makes it or not.  It insults all of us to imply that we would buy into such bullshit sensationalizing.  Once again, a high ankle sprain is bitch.  It is not something to take lightly or to play to soon on.  The only way to know is to attend practices and see how it feels.  If it doesn't feel right, it jeopardizes the player's career, the team's chances, and the fan's hopes, and it is not fair to the other players. When I heard it was a high ankle sprain, and no one stated the grade or severity, my best guess was October before we would see Fisher play much at all.

As a high paying player and a starter, he kinda needs to sack up and go.

People called Albert glass, and he certainly would of gone with around a month to rest an ankle sprain.

Dontari Poe was back after a back procedure.

High and low ankle sprains are as different as dogs and cats.  They are both mammals, true.  Removing a tiny piece of disc through a tiny incision that cuts a few muscle fibers on the way in is not the same thing as putting 300 lbs of weight on a complex set of tendons and cartilages that have to flex and move and glide over each other and adjacent bones - all packed with sensory nerves.  If there is still unabsorbed blood breakdown products in those tight spaces, including iron, it can set up chronic inflammation that may never heal without reducing range of motion by creating adhesions. The more I keep reading from ignorant blowhard remarks made by people who are not in that position and who know nothing about orthopedic medicine and who are simply trying to pose as tough guys, the more I think this thread is not worth the time. That includes Tim Blowhard ( I mean Grunhard).

If I were Fisher, I would be about fed up enough with the press and the fans in this city to be seeking another team to play for, and possibly become an all-pro with.  KC may not be such a great place to play for after all.

Yeah I know what an ankle sprain is and the sprain didn't prevent him from going out there in place of Stephenson when he went out.

If he's not cleared to play, he doesn't play at all.

Yes they are nagging and anyone that has had one would know. I have had them.

There comes a time where you need to tape the shit up and go.

Why isn't Fisher on the left side? Why isn't glass Fisher playing? Why is she, I mean, he sitting out? Find out on Miss Fisher's Musteries on Netflix: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1988386/

Just kidding, I'm not making any claims o his physical toughness, just had a friend who doesn't watch football share the TV Series on Facebook and thought of the talk here about Fisher.

Jah Reid did ok. I think Houston Coaches did not game plan effectively. He is a waiver claim that many teams passed on. Could not make the 53. Very unlikely he turns out to be anything but an emergency back up. Im rooting for him because I have no choice.

Fisher will be the guy. Maybe not the Guy we hoped but still the guy.

I fear Denver will game plan to take advantage of a waiver claim starting tackle.

Archived