Jae Reid starting over Eric Fisher..

Jah Reid did ok. I think Houston Coaches did not game plan effectively. He is a waiver claim that many teams passed on. Could not make the 53. Very unlikely he turns out to be anything but an emergency back up. Im rooting for him because I have no choice.

Fisher will be the guy. Maybe not the Guy we hoped but still the guy.

I fear Denver will game plan to take advantage of a waiver claim starting tackle.

But then Fisher could be back at either tackle spot tomorrow. The way I see it, is that there's so much confusion with him switching sides and then starting Reid Ann's Srephonson leaving the game, that Denver won't know what to prepare for. This is assuming that Stephenson is healthy and Fisher hasn't been declared inactive.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But then Fisher could be back at either tackle spot tomorrow. The way I see it, is that there's so much confusion with him switching sides and then starting Reid Ann's Srephonson leaving the game, that Denver won't know what to prepare for. This is assuming that Stephenson is healthy and Fisher hasn't been declared inactive.

Its not that complicated to prepare for oline. Defenses make adjustments all game long. Its a question of coaching. Can the coaching adjust? Houston Coaching Questionable. Denvers Coaching Not Questionable. Should be a great chess match.

Its not that complicated to prepare for oline. Defenses make adjustments all game long. Its a question of coaching. Can the coaching adjust? Houston Coaching Questionable. Denvers Coaching Not Questionable. Should be a great chess match.

I still think it's hard to exploit anybody when we were getting passes out so quickly. And I don't see any proof that they weren't adjusting to exploit him. The fact that they did not get to Smith that often could mean we were just getting the passes out quickly and had enough weapons that they couldn't afford to send a different attack. It is a chess match, but I feel that that they felt they would lose it by trying to switch their guys around or increasing the rush leaving fewer or different players to defend the quick passes. They were trying to contain us.

I still think it's hard to exploit anybody when we were getting passes out so quickly. And I don't see any proof that they weren't adjusting to exploit him. The fact that they did not get to Smith that often could mean we were just getting the passes out quickly and had enough weapons that they couldn't afford to send a different attack. It is a chess match, but I feel that that they felt they would lose it by trying to switch their guys around or increasing the rush leaving fewer or different players to defend the quick passes. They were trying to contain us.

To me their plan failed and with that defense I feel its on the coaches. Yes we executed very well. Credit to the offense. To think Denver will not game plan better is wish full thinking. Houston Defensive Coaching left much to be desired.

I fear Denver will game plan to take advantage of a waiver claim starting tackle.

Of course they will.  But at least it is in Arrowhead.  That noise slows the offense a split second to avoid false starts.  That split second will likely make the difference between Jah and what Eric could do.  So, I believe it will be a non-factor.

Of course they will.  But at least it is in Arrowhead.  That noise slows the offense a split second to avoid false starts.  That split second will likely make the difference between Jah and what Eric could do.  So, I believe it will be a non-factor.

I can see that........ but it also implies that any tackle could do well. Not so sure? I want all to do well and for KC to put Manning Down.

Jah Reid will probably start over Fisher. He got all the snaps. Andy Reid is protecting Fisher because that is what good coaches do. Fisher DID ask to not play. There is too much evidence to the contrary. Fisher is not the most liked player on the team. You will not see a lot of guys backing him up. Jah Reid, and LDT will probably be in there for the rest of the year, barring injury. 

Eric Fisher played Sunday. He came in on special teams plays, and filled in for Stephenson (when DS dislocated his finger). He did play, which calls in question his being too hurt to give it a go. My personal opinion is Eric Fisher may have started his last game as a Chief.

Jah Reid will probably start over Fisher. He got all the snaps. Andy Reid is protecting Fisher because that is what good coaches do. Fisher DID ask to not play. There is too much evidence to the contrary. Fisher is not the most liked player on the team. You will not see a lot of guys backing him up. Jah Reid, and LDT will probably be in there for the rest of the year, barring injury. 

Eric Fisher played Sunday. He came in on special teams plays, and filled in for Stephenson (when DS dislocated his finger). He did play, which calls in question his being too hurt to give it a go. My personal opinion is Eric Fisher may have started his last game as a Chief.

I sure hope you are assuming way too much. Reid there each week will not be a good thing. He is a waiver guy because that is what he is. Andy has not backed himself into a corner and is free to do what he thinks is best week to week. Whether we Like it or not Fisher is a huge upgrade over Mr Waiver Guy.

:o

Why would noise in Arrowhead be much of a factor when the Chiefs are on offense?  It gets pretty quiet for their snap counts.  I believe Fisher is listed as probable this week.  What does that mean?

Why would noise in Arrowhead be much of a factor when the Chiefs are on offense?  It gets pretty quiet for their snap counts.  I believe Fisher is listed as probable this week.  What does that mean?

It means that my thinking was really screwed up when I wrote that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An all too common occurence.

Actually, I realized that within minutes after I posted it, but I left it alone anyway. As for Fisher, I hope he is well enough to start.  I'll have to trust Andy on this. Fisher is a fast and talented guy, just coming into his own when this injury happened.  I'm certain Reid would like to have him at 100% as soon as possible.

Every fan takes leave of their common sense when a necessary part of the team goes down with an injury. If he is not ready to play he is not ready to play. Put him in there too early and let him risk further injury. All you 10 cent orthopedic surgeons collectively criticize Fisher for not coming back too early. This is an area we don't know shit about. Let Fisher and his doctors decide this one.

Every fan takes leave of their common sense when a necessary part of the team goes down with an injury. If he is not ready to play he is not ready to play. Put him in there too early and let him risk further injury. All you 10 cent orthopedic surgeons collectively criticize Fisher for not coming back too early. This is an area we don't know shit about. Let Fisher and his doctors decide this one.f

Once again, it's only about why Fisher practiced with the ones for three days last week then was pulled on Friday.  If the ankle wasn't ready to go, why risk extending the time off by practicing on it?  It's an unusual situation and the fans have every right to question it even though they don't know Fishers recovery details. 

Once again, it's only about why Fisher practiced with the ones for three days last week then was pulled on Friday.  If the ankle wasn't ready to go, why risk extending the time off by practicing on it?  It's an unusual situation and the fans have every right to question it even though they don't know Fishers recovery details. 

Have you considered the possibility that with such an injury, it is only possible to know if he is ready by practicing on it and seeing what happens?

Have you considered the possibility that with such an injury, it is only possible to know if he is ready by practicing on it and seeing what happens?

I am pretty sure that the staff would be smart enough to figure out if he is a go or no go after ONE practice. if the whole process took three days then.......... -_- :blink:

We are NOT doctors. Stupid argument.

It sure is, Wilkie.  An injury is not either completely there or cured completely.  The good news is that it took a few days of increasing practice to start flaring it up.  That means that IF HE STAYS THE HELL OFF OF IT, at least in an intense way he "might" be ready soon.  Otherwise, it will nag him and reduce his function all season.  Like I posted after learning that it was a high ankle sprain, instead of a low one, he probably would not be truly safe to play to start and play the majority of a game until October.  That is probably what it will turn out to be.  No one can know when it is ready with an MRI or some fancy nuclear scan.  It takes challenging it with weight and motion and heeding what the pain fibers tell the brain to detect whether it is ready or not.

Wilkie, I have tried to explain this from a medical standpoint to those on this forum, but it seems for naught.  Some people are so invested in their own previous comments and suspicions about Fisher and impatience with his development that they cannot use reason.  If the coaches and front office listened to these fans and acted on it, this franchise would again be back in the shit hole by 2017.  It just is not worth arguing with these kinds of "fans" any longer. That's the last I will post about it.

It sure is, Wilkie.  An injury is not either completely there or cured completely.  The good news is that it took a few days of increasing practice to start flaring it up.  That means that IF HE STAYS THE HELL OFF OF IT, at least in an intense way he "might" be ready soon.  Otherwise, it will nag him and reduce his function all season.  Like I posted after learning that it was a high ankle sprain, instead of a low one, he probably would not be truly safe to play to start and play the majority of a game until October.  That is probably what it will turn out to be.  No one can know when it is ready with an MRI or some fancy nuclear scan.  It takes challenging it with weight and motion and heeding what the pain fibers tell the brain to detect whether it is ready or not.

Wilkie, I have tried to explain this from a medical standpoint to those on this forum, but it seems for naught.  Some people are so invested in their own previous comments and suspicions about Fisher and impatience with his development that they cannot use reason.  If the coaches and front office listened to these fans and acted on it, this franchise would again be back in the shit hole by 2017.  It just is not worth arguing with these kinds of "fans" any longer. That's the last I will post about it.

it would not be the first time we have gone overboard and beaten a dead donkey in regards to a subject, but it is what people do.

The media did not help by fanning the flames as well

Archived