GAME THREAD: Week1 Houston Texans

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the NFL. They have nothing to lose. It always happens.

Happened for Kaepernick. He might turn out fine, but his best days were under that context. Playing with house money (INTs and you stay the same, TDs you get promoted). No film on a new concept (read-option). Kept it going for awhile due to good coaching and great defense.

I think the Chiefs decided to play conservative in the second half. They weren't nearly as efficient, but they won. There were a few injuries, but nothing that would keep a player from contributing Thursday. Stephenson had a dislocated finger. Kelce had an injury to his abdomen, and was playing with an ankle injury. Peters got dinged, and so did Maclin, but both seemed fine by the end of the game. The Chiefs appear to be in fairly good condition going into the home game Thursday against Denver. 

Obviously, I know that play calling and game plan by Reid contributed to cause this, but one of my Niner friends told me that it's nice to see that Smith is "finally" making his offensive line better. He was talking about having five new linemen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000529250/article/alex-smiths-quick-work-of-texans-propels-chiefs

Archived