Solid win on the road. 2nd half could have been much better, but I understand Reid going conservative with a nice lead.

I thought the oline held their own very well considering. They kept one of the better lines in the game at bay most of the time.

Sean Smith will be a sight for sore eyes. Fleming was getting owned.

Nice to see them take a few deep shots.

Best Dline in the game resides in KC.

Solid win on the road. 2nd half could have been much better, but I understand Reid going conservative with a nice lead.

I thought the oline held their own very well considering. They kept one of the better lines in the game at bay most of the time.

In the Niners 13–3 season, I remember CBS or someone putting up a graphic of first half versus second half as if that were a bad thing. When you win 13 games are year, there's a good chance that you are nursing a lead in the second half. What is important obviously is the win and injuries. One turnover, trying to be aggressive, and this game's on-side kick would've been much more important.

It also works on the defense. Teams that win a lot, tend to face offenses playing in garbage time and that leads to a lot of yards and sometimes points in meaningless minutes.

I thought Fleming played decent. Hopkins, proved he is not an easy cover - great receiver. 

Great Game Plan......Great execution by Alex Smith and the Defense.

Mallet looks to be a pretty good QB and I am glad he was not the starter.

w

West, you know the NFL is all about backups coming off the bench and succeeding in the 4th QTR. They have nothing to lose. Wouldn't have mattered if Mallet or Hoyer started we dominated them. Score showed otherwise. 

I know people get up in arms about Martyball, but it was the right plan going into the 2nd half of thr game.

Houston couldn't do shit on offense and won a lot last season because they capitalized on turnovers. Not giving them one was smart.

I think BoB surprised everyone with making the QB change so soon and fortunately the D held on.

Smith did fine mostly, but needs to capitalize better on deep pass opportunities.

Corners got to play much much better on Thursday.

One of my favorites, Steve Smith, let me down, dropped a game-winning TD opportunity on second to last play. Game-ending INT on the next play.

I needed that touchdown in one of my non-cash fantasy leagues. Oh well.

In any case, I've always thought Joe Flacco was overrated. He's a top-16 player, but he has never been one of the league's best. It's amazing how much different he looks when most of the defensive talent has disappeared.

In any case, I've always thought Joe Flacco was overrated. He's a top-16 player, but he has never been one of the league's best. It's amazing how much different he looks when most of the defensive talent has disappeared.

As much as I wanted Denver to lose, the Ravens losing could help us. I want to get the division, but if we don't, we need to be able to get a wildcard. Once you get there it's whoever gets hot. As much as I wanted the Patriots to lose because of the chances of getting the number one or number two seed, the Steelers losing helps us in the same manner. Now, we just need to win to make none of that matter. Week One complete.

On a related note, San Diego beating Detroit helps no one.

Not so sure....But a W is a W.

Mallet is a much better passer than Hoyer.

Mallet is also a dumb ass so if KC prepared for him all week he probably would have been less effective.

w

Mallet and Hoyer are way different and style and no way they spent time preparing for Mallet.

Hoyer looked bad, but it's a big blunder by asscrack chin if they quickly make a change at QB. What happens if Mallet sinks also?

HandsWarmer, would disagree with you, Phata... where has that Bird Homer been anyhow? ;)

HandsWarmer, would disagree with you, Phata... where has that Bird Homer been anyhow? ;)

The Ravens will play in Oakland next weekend, and they will probably come away with a win seeing as Derek Carr could be out for a while and Matt McGloin will be under center. After that, maybe then you'll see him. If the Chiefs can win on Thursday, and then Oakland upsets Baltimore, it might provide further reason for him to stay away.

According to overthecap.com, Flacco's 2015 cap number is $14.55 million, whereas Smith's cap number is $15.6 million. In 2016, Smith's number jumps up to $17.8 million, whereas Flacco's cap number will balloon to an untenable $28.55 million. So during the next two years, Smith will cost $9.1 million less than Flacco if both teams keep their quarterback at those numbers. If Flacco refuses to restructure and the Ravens are forced to cut him before the beginning of the 2016 season, one year of Flacco would still cost more for 2015 and 2016 than two years of Smith.

I can understand why a fan would take his Super Bowl-winning quarterback over Alex Smith, even if that quarterback isn't a world-beater. I've also seen Ravens fans try to make statistical comparisons between Flacco and Joe Montana when it comes to post-season performances. But there's no legitimate argument that presents Joe Flacco as a better value than Alex Smith at the quarterback position. The worst part for the Ravens is that once again, Joe Flacco will have them over a barrel in negotiations because their backup is Matt Schaub, and there is no QB3 on the roster. That franchise will not win another Super Bowl, and is slowly slipping out of persistent playoff contention. Their General Manager was in a bad spot once Flacco's team won a Super Bowl in a contract year, but the kick-the-can approach will bury him.

Archived