Denver Week

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiefs Defense will need to play more consistently to win the game. Offense will need to utilize Maclin more and Alex Smith needs to play more like later 2013.

Did you watch the Denver game? The only reason the Ravens lost was due to 2 ints which were bad decisions on Flacco.

Along with the rest of the team, all Alex has to do is play his game and they win.

If he tries to please the masses and air it out for no reason they lose.

Why does everyone think he has to throw for hundreds of yards to be good? I prefer a consistently safe QB, great D, very effective running game over a gun slinger who runs a reckless offense any day of the week.

Did you watch the Denver game? The only reason the Ravens lost was due to 2 ints which were bad decisions on Flacco.

Along with the rest of the team, all Alex has to do is play his game and they win.

Why does everyone think he has to throw for hundreds of yards to be good? I prefer a consistently safe QB, great D, very effective running game over a gun slinger who runs a reckless offense any day of the week.

Just a little aggression is good but yards are unimportant. I do expect hundreds of yards, though (200's is hundreds).

Did you watch it? Miller and Ware are gonna tee off on Alex if they can't keep them honest on Defense.

They aren't going to face a back up caliber QB every week.

I think Baltimore made Denver's D look better than they are.  Even when he had time, Flacco was throwing off his back foot, and it often looked like he was just lobbing it up there.

Also, Manning didn't look much better than he did at the end of last year.  He hasn't led a TD drive in week 1 or in preseason.

Their oline looks like a weakness, giving up 4 sacks.

KC has some things they need to work on, but I think they have a good shot of winning.  Denver isn't the same team as they've been the last few years.

I think the Chiefs are a better team than last season, but it's still hard for me to know how they will do against the Broncos. Looking at the stats from last season games, Manning didn't really lite the Chiefs up (yards-wise) in either game, the Chiefs just didn't get a lot done against Denver's defense.

The Broncos offense is an interesting one.

I think the design is basically a copy of what they've ran, but the pace is quite slower. Odd decision.

Peytons arm is diminishing and he looks a bit more antsy about taking a lick now. I don't think they are the same on offense.

On Defense though, I think they look stout deep and on the ends, but I think they are vulnerable in the middle.

Chiefs should plan to keep them from box ceowding and work Charles and Knile Davis up the middle.

On Defense, they need to get physical with the Broncos WRs and throw off timing. Peyton relies heavily on it and receivers were getting too much cushion.

While they will let Peyton run his course for as long as he wants, I think deep down inside Kubiak is ready to install his offense.

Two big thing from today that will carry the Chiefs a long way if they can repeat against Denver.  Turnovers and penalties.  Yeah, the Chiefs could have been called for a couple of PIs, but they didn't kill themselves with mistakes.  Play with the same discipline against the Donks, and I like their chances.  

Two big thing from today that will carry the Chiefs a long way if they can repeat against Denver.  Turnovers and penalties.  Yeah, the Chiefs could have been called for a couple of PIs, but they didn't kill themselves with mistakes.  Play with the same discipline against the Donks, and I like their chances.  

I love our chances. Primetime, TNF doesn't get much better under the lights. We're overdue for a win against Denver. Early prediction has KC busting out to an quick lead against Denver. Will definitely need to play better in the 2nd half in order to keep it.  

On offense consistenly pound the rock and wear down Denver's light front 7 - Charles, Knliles, and get DAT more touches. Keep them honest with a couple big plays downfield with Maclin. Andy, was very conservative with the play-calling in the 2nd half not showing too much. I like the idea.

On D, Stop Denver's running game like Baltimore did today and make Manning one-dimensional - He was throwing ducks out there.Perhaps a few INTs in the making, Berry and DJ with comeback picks? Chiefs D gets 5-6 sacks, Hali makes up for his missed one on Hoyer. Let's go Chiefs fans this is the year we get off the schide with Denver!

Chiefs - 27

Donks - 17

Chiefs need to get the Manning monkey off their back and get a big W. I watched the Denver-Ravens game and frankly, the Broncos offense looked average at best. Certainly not what we have seen before. Denver's Oline looked rough. Their defense is very good...and fast. Unlike the Texans that rely so heavily on Watt being "all everything"...the Broncos feature a true team style defense. Any number of guys can hurt you. Andy Reid will have to call a good game and have the foot on the gas for both halves.

The Broncos are still without Wolfe and will also probably be minus Malik Jackson for Thursday. They are real thin on the line and not very strong at ILB. The Chiefs should let Knile Davis get some good action in this game and wear that Defense down inside.

Defense really needs to just jam receivers enough to throw off the timing a little and limit YAC. This isn't a secret and it's been that way for awhile. I'd feel a lot better about this week if Sean Smith was in the line up.

CJ Anderson is nursing an injury and it might be time for Fisher to put his big boy panties on, as Stephenson has an injury.

Manning is getting hit pretty good and just threw a pick 6. Their offense is not clicking.

If the Chiefs play like they did today they will win on Thursday.

I wont judge this on one game. When KC beat New England many talking heads said it was time for NE to reboot. Lets just kick his rear this week and put him on the sidelines permanently!

Everyone knows if the Chiefs win the talking heads and MANY in here will say it was a tainted victory because it wasn't vintage Manning and to them I say suck it, a win is a win.

The Chiefs still have nothing to lose and everything to gain. People will still have Denver favored and expects Manning to throw all over KC and their D to just walk over the Chiefs porous Oline.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Everyone knows if the Chiefs win the talking heads and MANY in here will say it was a tainted victory because it wasn't vintage Manning and to them I say suck it, a win is a win.

The Chiefs still have nothing to lose and everything to gain. People will still have Denver favored and expects Manning to throw all over KC and their D to just walk over the Chiefs porous Oline.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I believe that our Fanbase will have a HUGE effect on this game, Denver + National TV + Packed Stadium...this will be off the chain

Archived