Denver Week

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont see that far of a fall off for Manning in one season. He certainly can throw it 25 yards. He was under pressure. So pressure does matter even if you are Mr get rid of it early. KC better play up close and personal with his receivers or he will have success. KC better get pressure and stop the run. Manning is still a top QB. Maybe not the height of his career but its still Manning.

Wasn't one season. It started when he hurt his knee and can't push off as well now. He didn't do much against us last year. This isn't an overnight thing.

Manning can throw the ball over 25 yards. He can't throw it over 25 yards with consistent accuracy. His wide receivers are worse. Cody Latimer is what I thought he would be... which ain't good enough. Demaryius Thomas is their best receiver, and he will play even if a little banged up. Emmanuel Sanders is their go to guy underneath. he was targeted 12 times Sunday, and completed 8 receptions for 65 yards. Jordan Norwood will be the forth receiver on the field. Previous to this year, he had not caught a pass since 2012 with the Cleveland Browns. Virgil Green is their best pass catching TE. He caught a ton of passes against the Ravens, but I don't see him having the same success against our secondary. 

The key to the game on defense will be to stop the run, and force Manning to pass the ball. When he passes, the interior line needs to get pressure. Manning gets rid of the ball quick, so there isn't time to reach him from the outside. It has to come up the middle. Poe, Bailey, and Howard are going to have to get pressure up the middle. Mathis had a horrible game Sunday, and their center, Paradis is not very good. I think the Chiefs can get to Manning if they bull rush the middle to left guard, and perhaps run some stunts. The old adage was Manning welcomes a blitz. Well, maybe not anymore. To be successful, the cover guys have to play physical, and knock their guys off their routes in the first five yards. Peters and Gaines are perfect corners for the up front stuff. If Manning beats the Chiefs up on top, so be it. More than likely he won't burn the Chiefs much. Over the past ten games, dating back to last year, Manning has been far below average on long passes. 

Guest Okiechief1

Dont see that far of a fall off for Manning in one season. He certainly can throw it 25 yards. He was under pressure. So pressure does matter even if you are Mr get rid of it early. KC better play up close and personal with his receivers or he will have success. KC better get pressure and stop the run. Manning is still a top QB. Maybe not the height of his career but its still Manning.

In 2009 Favre had one of his best years as a pro, next year he had his worst year as a pro. When it goes, it usually goes quick.

I think he will still have games where he will look like the Manning of old but not with any consistency but I don't think that will happen on a short week after a physical game.

He has not thrown for less than 4000 yds since his rookie year and has never thrown for less than 25 TDs. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hit either of those.

Manning can throw the ball over 25 yards. He can't throw it over 25 yards with consistent accuracy. His wide receivers are worse. Cody Latimer is what I thought he would be... which ain't good enough. Demaryius Thomas is their best receiver, and he will play even if a little banged up. Emmanuel Sanders is their go to guy underneath. he was targeted 12 times Sunday, and completed 8 receptions for 65 yards. Jordan Norwood will be the forth receiver on the field. Previous to this year, he had not caught a pass since 2012 with the Cleveland Browns. Virgil Green is their best pass catching TE. He caught a ton of passes against the Ravens, but I don't see him having the same success against our secondary.

The key to the game on defense will be to stop the run, and force Manning to pass the ball. When he passes, the interior line needs to get pressure. Manning gets rid of the ball quick, so there isn't time to reach him from the outside. It has to come up the middle. Poe, Bailey, and Howard are going to have to get pressure up the middle. Mathis had a horrible game Sunday, and their center, Paradis is not very good. I think the Chiefs can get to Manning if they bull rush the middle to left guard, and perhaps run some stunts. The old adage was Manning welcomes a blitz. Well, maybe not anymore. To be successful, the cover guys have to play physical, and knock their guys off their routes in the first five yards. Peters and Gaines are perfect corners for the up front stuff. If Manning beats the Chiefs up on top, so be it. More than likely he won't burn the Chiefs much. Over the past ten games, dating back to last year, Manning has been far below average on long passes.

There is no velocity. That arm is dusty.

From a Donkey Site.....Recipe for KC Success

But the problem isn’t what most people think. It has nothing to do with Manning being uncomfortable with Kubiak’s offense. And it’s not a case of Father Time catching up with the future Hall of Fame quarterback. Instead, it’s simply a matter of the things being too crowded at the line of scrimmage.

Throughout the game, the Ravens took a page out of the Colts playbook from last year’s playoffs; they put 10 guys within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, brought pressure up the middle, and dared the Broncos to beat them downfield. And just like against Indianapolis, Manning couldn’t make Baltimore pay for covering everything over the top with just one safety positioned in the middle of the field.

And therein lies the problem. Without beating the tightly bunched defense over the top a time or two, there was no reason for the Ravens (or Colts or whoever is on the schedule next) to change tactics. As a result, they had too many men in the box for the Broncos to run the ball effectively and were able to blanket everything underneath in a way that prevented Denver from getting their short passing game going.

According to the local boys Denver man handled KC last year with a hurt Manning. Also Houston's D isn't that good whereas Denvers D is the best in the league.

I don't even know why they are even going to play tomorrow.

What's really funny is how Manning isn't declining inspite to week ones performance. However, their new D is the best in the league based on week ones performance.

Isn't it also true that Denver has at least two rookies and at least a couple of second year players starting on their offensive line? And they lost their best tight end to free agency? I'm sorry Denver fans but no qb is great forever. After a certain time the decline is inevitable. In the words of Jim Morrison and the Doors..this is the end..

Arrowhead awaits. Apocalypse now!

I'm watching the Ravens-Broncos game now. The main difference I'm seeing with the broncos is the Oline. They just are not as good as previous years but, their defense is really physical and good. IMO Manning just look likes Manning to me, he just doesn't have as strong of a pocket like he's had in the past. I've been watching Manning since he was at Tennessee and he's never had that strong of a arm. He's just really smart and very, very accurate with the ball.

I still think the Chiefs can win but I'm not as confident as some of you. 

I guess I'm one of those tough sells. Everyone talking about how Peyton won't have a very good game passing forget that last year at Arrowhead he was 17-34 for 179 yards. Does that sound very impressive? Hell no! But what they did do was run the ball to the tune of 214 yards. Good teams find ways to beat you. When A doesn't work then they rely on B...if that doesn't work then C.

Denver gets a couple of turnover gifts like the Chiefs had last week and turns them into points...they would be happy to walk away with an ugly 13-10 win. I guess I'm just saying...those thinking Peyton has to be great for them to win are misinformed. Simply put...Chiefs need to be better than they are.

I guess I'm one of those tough sells. Everyone talking about how Peyton won't have a very good game passing forget that last year at Arrowhead he was 17-34 for 179 yards. Does that sound very impressive? Hell no! But what they did do was run the ball to the tune of 214 yards. Good teams find ways to beat you. When A doesn't work then they rely on B...if that doesn't work then C.

Denver gets a couple of turnover gifts like the Chiefs had last week and turns them into points...they would be happy to walk away with an ugly 13-10 win. I guess I'm just saying...those thinking Peyton has to be great for them to win are misinformed. Simply put...Chiefs need to be better than they are.

Chiefs just need to play two halves.

The funny thing is, it's not just one bad game.  Manning struggled down the stretch last year, and preseason this year was just a preview of week 1.

Manning played the last two months of the season, including the playoffs, last season, with a torn right quad...  It isn't a stretch to believe that greatly reduced his ability to play football at a high level...

Manning played the last two months of the season, including the playoffs, last season, with a torn right quad... It isn't a stretch to believe that greatly reduced his ability to play football at a high level...

He couldn't push off to throw. I think it still may be an issue.

Guest 303Chiefs

He couldn't push off to throw. I think it still may be an issue.

Maybe someone will make it so he can't stand straight up to throw either. I know I know...bad form wishing injury...blah blah blah. I don't take it back.

Archived