Chiefs are doomed

Yeah, who gives a phuck!!  As long as Smith is getting 3 td's a game who cares who catches them.  Hell it would be fun to for them to keep that going all season long.  Least they would have somethign to say bout the chiefs.  

Wasn't it NE who only threw like 4 or 5 to a "WR" all season long last year??

This is funny..  As of yesterday.  5 of the top 10 Reciving TD's are to TE's and 1 was a fullback..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingTouchdowns/qualified/false

If the TE is spread wide on a pass play is he a WR?

w

Pro Football Focus tried to emphasize how Maclin's first preseason touchdown wasn't something that counted because he was lined up as a running back. But when running backs line up in the receivers slot, run a receiver route, and are defended like a receiver, that doesn't count. Why wouldn't both or neither count?

I mean, the best reason for why it wouldn't count was because it was preseason. If people ignore that touchdown in the playoffs to a receiver when they count the days since the last one, why would one even bother to talk about the preseason?

The whole thing is bogus because all that is important is that you win the game and to win the game, all that is important is you scoring more points then your appointment. Style points don't count, especially when a pass to a tight end lined up as either a tight end, running back, or receiver, can be just as difficult as one to a receiver.

It is something to write about and for ignorant fans, who know nothing more than what is told them, to believe. It means nothing. Let's let them play their statistical rules, and go without a "touchdown by a wide receiver" again this year, and win the Super Bowl doing it. That would be fun. 

Alex Smith had a really good game but WRs will never have a lot of yards or TDs with him at QB.

If he had thrown the ball a little bit farther on the 39 yarder, it could've been a touchdown. Even as it was, if the NFL had better rules or he had held on little bit tighter, Maclin would've had 91 yards. Not groundbreaking but pretty good.

I think Smith tried to make up for it (lead more) on the next deep pass and was just two feet or so too far. It's possible if he had not lead him, the trajectory would've been riskier. I would have to re-watch. I haven't had a chance to watch the game again.

Archived