Broncos predictions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, if the Chiefs play like they did against Houston they'll win. No turnovers and few penalties. I was very impressed with no false starts from the Chiefs given their new line and in a very loud environment. The noise will be silent when the offense operates Thursday night, which will be even better. 

The second half has concerned many but shouldn't. The Chiefs proved they have the weapons to move the football. If the Chiefs really needed a score in the 2nd half they would have got one. Andy knows what the problem was and they'll correct it, whatever that may be - playcalling, run blocking, etc. It looked like they were conservative and that's fine. Keep the offensive attack fresh for Thursday

I have a feeling we'll see the Chiefs open up a can of whoop-ass like they did against NE last year on Monday night. When the weather is perfect, the crowd will be loud. I'm excited to see the Broncos taste that sweet arrowhead pride. With the exception of the OL, the Chiefs are much more experienced than the previous years and its gonna be a fun game to watch. 

Do not underestimate the Denver Broncos.  We have been their bitch for 12 years.  The last time we had a chance against them was when Jake Plummer was playing.  I watched the Donkeys yesterday and I believe that Kubiak is going to feature Anderson more in the run and there will be less Manning.  Manning can be pressured and he did not look sharp.  Their offensive line is great but is their defense that really stands out.  Ware,  Von Miller and Talib are all critical stars at their positions.  I have learned if nothing else that Denver knows how to beat Kansas City. 

Having said that there are plenty of reasons for optimism.  The offensive line was amazing and against Wilfork and Watt they were excellent.  Andy called swing passes to stop the pass rush and Alex Smith got the ball out fast so that Watt couldn't get to h im.    I was not worried about the letdown in the second half.  The Chiefs were playing for the win and went very conservative.  This is probably the best team we have fielded against Manning since the Vermiel years.  Manning probably has games left in him to play but I have to like our chances.  Anybody notice how Poe pushed back the center and left guard singlehandedly on that 4th and 1.  Good to have him back even limited.   Has Fisher lost his starting job? 

Wilkie were you watching the sane game I was? Four sacks on a QB who rarely gets sacked, 70 rushing yards, I don't know how many knock downs and several false starts. I would not put their line in the great category. They too are playing with a makeshift line, if I am not mistaken none of their OLine started for them last year.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I don't think Arrowhead or the crowd will be a factor, because it never seems to be when it comes to Manning.  I know the Chiefs are a better team than last season, and this may be Reid's best Chiefs team to date, and it's why I'm optimistic (cautiously).  

I agree with Wilkie about Alex Smith getting rid of the ball quickly. I think that strategy needs to continue if the Chiefs are to be successful against the Broncos pass rush. 

Guest Holmes4six

24-10 Chiefs.

They will be ready. We need to punch there smaller d line and get Charles rolling. On d do what we do but make sure we lay out TJ ward for that hit to the head of Charles last year.

While Reid, Smith, and the O-line should be given credit for the passing game on Sunday, the inability of the Chiefs to make short yardage while protecting the lead is worrisome.  Charles just didn't have many holes to run into on most occasions.  The O-line has to find a way to make those third and ones if the Chiefs are going to be successful against the Donks.

While Reid, Smith, and the O-line should be given credit for the passing game on Sunday, the inability of the Chiefs to make short yardage while protecting the lead is worrisome.  Charles just didn't have many holes to run into on most occasions.  The O-line has to find a way to make those third and ones if the Chiefs are going to be successful against the Donks.

Wilfork and Watt makes it really damn hard to run the ball well. Could mean line problems too, but will need to wait it out and see.

First two games are huge challenges for ground game.

Guest Okiechief1

Their d is legit but we will give them more to defend than Bmore did and Alex is more mobile than Flacco so while they will give us trouble I think we move it just enough to be OK.

The run D worries me though. Last few years we haven't been good at consistently stopping the run. Last year in AH Manning had less than 200 yds passing but they ran for over 200. This is gonna go against conventional thinking but I stack the box and make Manning beat us. Pre season his arm looked weak and his throws were off, against the Ravens he didn't look any better, throwing short on intermediate stuff and no zip at all. On a short week he is still gonna be feeling the effects of Sunday. I don't think he is the same QB that can beat you with no running game.

17-13 Chiefs

While they say they don't look past their next opponent, I would guess that they have been working on a game plan for Denver since before the Houston game. Especially, with the short week.

We have the secondary and backers to limit Manning. We have run stuffers DJ and Devito. No reason not to be confident about being competitive and possibly getting a win.

Their d is legit but we will give them more to defend than Bmore did and Alex is more mobile than Flacco so while they will give us trouble I think we move it just enough to be OK.

The run D worries me though. Last few years we haven't been good at consistently stopping the run. Last year in AH Manning had less than 200 yds passing but they ran for over 200. This is gonna go against conventional thinking but I stack the box and make Manning beat us. Pre season his arm looked weak and his throws were off, against the Ravens he didn't look any better, throwing short on intermediate stuff and no zip at all. On a short week he is still gonna be feeling the effects of Sunday. I don't think he is the same QB that can beat you with no running game.

17-13 Chiefs

DJ and DeVito will help sure up that Run D.

Chiefs 27

Donks 17

Archived