Mighty Proud of O-line

Morse & LTD are known as intelligent players with gifted athleticism...it showed.

I mean, they proved to be competent on stunts & blitzes and had enough snot to use some nasty muscle when they had to....not flashy but they were quite effective.

Jah wasn't pretty either but he was a determined gamer and made it his business to show up with a fight.

That was a great starting point and Big Red worked to their strength, by pushing short drop backs for Alex Smith.

I just want to see them get better each week and stay mentally sharp.

Eric Fisher????....drama!!!  But I really want to see that RT  position solidified soon!

Morse & LTD are known as intelligent players with gifted athleticism...it showed.

I mean, they proved to be competent on stunts & blitzes and had enough snot to use some nasty muscle when they had to....not flashy but they were quite effective.

Jah wasn't pretty either but he was a determined gamer and made it his business to show up with a fight.

That was a great starting point and Big Red worked to their strength, by pushing short drop backs for Alex Smith.

I just want to see them get better each week and stay mentally sharp.

Eric Fisher????....drama!!!  But I really want to see that RT  position solidified soon!

I hope there isn't any public fights about this. I think our front office, coaches, and players are classy. I normally think there's no issue and just want the player to wait until they can play, but there's been a lot of this stuff that makes it seem like it's more and I'm not talking fans and reporters, just coach-speak, Maybe it's just to throw off Denver what's going on.

I think Houstons head coach was their problem. Completely out coached.

Denver looked bad but that is not an indicator of much. One bad game a season does not make.

KC was almost flawless. Hard to expect that every week.

Chiefs are due if for nothing else law of averages. I  believe, for whatever thats worth, KC has the better team.

Chiefs 22-17

Considering that Jah Reid had been on the team for a week, didn't know till Sunday he was going and was going against JJ Watt a lot......he did well.

Yeah Watt beat him, but Watt will beat anyone and they basically put him in a real bad place for Week 1.

Stephenson, Morse and Ldt did well. Smith getting it out of his hands faster helped a lot also, which I said the line would look better once he does so.

D. Harris got beat like a drum a few times. Clowney tossed him to the turf with one arm, and Watt got him off balance inside, then went around outside. Morse sprinted over and helped on the later. Charles was held for a small loss on the former. One thing though... he kept at it. Harris never had a down moment. He worked his tail off. He is going to make it in my opinion. What I saw was a whole lot of effort, and a few things that can be fixed. 

Other than tossing a 260 lb TE (former basketball player, who never played a lick of college football), Clowney did very little (no sacks, 3 tackles, and 1 assist). 

Eric Fisher is a hang nail away from going on the IR. I have tried my best to defend him, but I don't have any more excuses. The Chiefs can afford to cut him in 2016, and they probably will. I don't know what it is, but it goes beyond talent. Jah Reid is not nearly as talented as Eric Fisher. I know some vets who have dogged Fisher since he came to KC. I believe them when they say it is known he is not well liked on the team. It was a very bad year to draft #1 in 2013. I was for Joeckel, and he has been even worse than Fisher. The Chiefs were adamant about dealing Albert and drafting a LT that year. None of the OL in the 2013 draft have been worth a crap. 

Branden Albert had his problems since being released, and going to Miami. He was injured last year after signing a five year $47 M contract. That can happen anytime, and who knows but if he would not have sustained that injury if he remained in KC. I thought the attitude toward Fisher was due to the Chiefs making the choice to move away from Albert. It may have been partially that, but Eric Fisher has done nothing to silence his critics. 

D. Harris got beat like a drum a few times. Clowney tossed him to the turf with one arm, and Watt got him off balance inside, then went around outside. Morse sprinted over and helped on the later. Charles was held for a small loss on the former. One thing though... he kept at it. Harris never had a down moment. He worked his tail off. He is going to make it in my opinion. What I saw was a whole lot of effort, and a few things that can be fixed.

Other than tossing a 260 lb TE (former basketball player, who never played a lick of college football), Clowney did very little (no sacks, 3 tackles, and 1 assist).

Eric Fisher is a hang nail away from going on the IR. I have tried my best to defend him, but I don't have any more excuses. The Chiefs can afford to cut him in 2016, and they probably will. I don't know what it is, but it goes beyond talent. Jah Reid is not nearly as talented as Eric Fisher. I know some vets who have dogged Fisher since he came to KC. I believe them when they say it is known he is not well liked on the team. It was a very bad year to draft #1 in 2013. I was for Joeckel, and he has been even worse than Fisher. The Chiefs were adamant about dealing Albert and drafting a LT that year. None of the OL in the 2013 draft have been worth a crap.

Branden Albert had his problems since being released, and going to Miami. He was injured last year after signing a five year $47 M contract. That can happen anytime, and who knows but if he would not have sustained that injury if he remained in KC. I thought the attitude toward Fisher was due to the Chiefs making the choice to move away from Albert. It may have been partially that, but Eric Fisher has done nothing to silence his critics.

Couple of questions:

Who in the hell is D. Harris?

Who are the vets you know that have dogged Fisher? Grunny? Or is it NCarls' cousin's wife's uncle's brother?

Just curious.

And Albert wasn't released. He was a free agent.

Couple of questions:

Who are the vets you know that have dogged Fisher? Grunny? Or is it NCarls' cousin's wife's uncle's brother?

Just curious.

Harris is the 3rd TE

Regardless of the Vet, he's right about fisher.

Morse, is really athletic. May have more potential than Hudson even.

I didn't know much about him, other than reading what some of you talked about on here, but I'm glad the Chiefs drafted him. He held his own against Wilfork. 

Take a look at this, this is something we didn't see very much in the last two years: https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PsU7ebWzhr-VuVaNpiDywhDSjZk=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4058552/Chiefs_Pic_1.0.png

Just in case you can't tell, this is the first touchdown to Kelce.

You give any mediocre QB that amount of time and pocket and he will surely wreck a secondary. 

Clowney, didn't do anything against Stephenson and Grubbs on that left side. 

You give any mediocre QB that amount of time and pocket and he will surely wreck a secondary. 

Clowney, didn't do anything against Stephenson and Grubbs on that left side. 

True. Not accepting that Smith is mediocre, just that any QB with that time will do well. Average to above average plus that amount of time, even better.

So Mitch Morse is the highest rated center after week 1.

Dude is a rookie bustin loose like that???

Hope is alive!!!

He is very solid. He won't wow you, but he is very technically sound. Blue collar guy who will get the job done.

Excited that he is on our side.

Couple of questions:

Just curious.

Demetrius Harris. 

Grunny, and Shaun Smith have come out and been fairly open about it. I do not know Grunhard, and I only communicate with Smith over Twitter. There are others. 

NCarlscorner owned a heating and air company, and did work for Willie Roaf's girlfriend in KC. I used to give joke about it with him, but he really did have some insight. He knew Roaf was retiring before the media got it out. 

The Chiefs tried to trade Albert to Miami, but were not able. They kept him for one year, and he became a free agent. You are correct there. However, there was no effort to retain him. Part of the problem was on Albert for wanting more than he was worth. Albert had an inflated view of himself. He thought he was a top three LT, but was probably more like a top 15 LT. Dorsey was dead set on getting another LT, and replacing Albert. They were in a bind financially, but a deal could have been worked out if he wanted to get creative. 

My source was married to Don Davis who played for the New England Patriots and graduated from Olathe South High School, I believe she might be married to former Chiefs LB Anthony Davis now, really nice gal and I wish her well.

Thank you for setting me straight. I could not remember the exact details. The NFL is a small circle, and players talk, especially if they trust you. They trust you when they know you will keep their confidence. 

Thank you for setting me straight. I could not remember the exact details. The NFL is a small circle, and players talk, especially if they trust you. They trust you when they know you will keep their confidence.

If they keep it in confidence, how do you know? Like U2 says, "a secret is something you tell one other person."

If they keep it in confidence, how do you know? Like U2 says, "a secret is something you tell one other person."

A secret is a secret as long as it does not go out in the general public. Shaun Smith has not been too secretive about his displeasure with the Fisher pick. He has been riding Fisher ever since he came to KC. Part of that may have been the fact that Smith, and Brandon Albert are friends. 

Albert wanted to stay in KC until he didn't. Somehow, he knew it wasn't going to happen, and decided South Beach was where he wanted to be. 

I still follow Branden Albert, and definitely follow Shaun Smith. Albert used to be very vocal, but he isn't much anymore. Smith has a lot to say, and he isn't timid about saying it. 

Von Miller was ecstatic when he found out the Chiefs planned on replacing Albert. Fisher was a small school guy, who he felt could not fill Albert's shoes. He was right. Although Albert was a G in college, he turned the corner as a T in the NFL, and became a decent player. Albert was big enough, and agile enough not to get the QB hurt. There weren't too many sacks off Albert after he learned to play the position. The first years were a little rough. 

Shaun Smith is standing behind his comments, and T. Paylor made a recent post where he got a confirmation that Fisher was asking to lay out due to his ankle.  

Personally, I think Fisher is gone after this year. 

Archived