Mighty Proud of O-line

Jah Reid could not make the 53? That says a lot. So now some here think he is starting material. I think the Houston Coaches did not exploit him. Poor game planning on their part. I doubt Denver makes that same mistake.

Im rooting for the guy. He is a waiver wire pick up that many teams passed on. He is nothing special.  A back up.

Jah Reid could not make the 53? That says a lot. So now some here think he is starting material. I think the Houston Coaches did not exploit him. Poor game planning on their part. I doubt Denver makes that same mistake.

Im rooting for the guy. He is a waiver wire pick up that many teams passed on. He is nothing special. A back up.

It wasn't known that Reid was going to start until the last minute. Game plans that were made all offseason can't be changed that quickly without giving up something else well thought up. Fisher switching sides was hard enough on adjustments.

I mean, yes, they can adjust to exploit, but totally change? Especially with us getting the ball out so quickly?

Guest Okiechief1

I thought it was interesting that Reid when asked when healthy if Fisher gets job back. Reid said we'll see and is hoping he can get back out there.

Not exactly definitive yes.

High ankle sprain is 4 to 6 weeks recovery and we were never told the severity of it. It's just now been 4 weeks so I'm not sure why he is getting called out over not playing when it hadn't even been 4 weeks at the time of Houston game.

It wasn't known that Reid was going to start until the last minute. Game plans that were made all offseason can't be changed that quickly without giving up something else well thought up. Fisher switching sides was hard enough on adjustments.

I mean, yes, they can adjust to exploit, but totally change? Especially with us getting the ball out so quickly?

So a key guy gets hurt in the middle of a game , happens every game, and a good NFL Coach cant say OK now lets do this?  :wub:

I thought it was interesting that Reid when asked when healthy if Fisher gets job back. Reid said we'll see and is hoping he can get back out there.

Not exactly definitive yes.

High ankle sprain is 4 to 6 weeks recovery and we were never told the severity of it. It's just now been 4 weeks so I'm not sure why he is getting called out over not playing when it hadn't even been 4 weeks at the time of Houston game.

It's not the recovery time that's in question.  It's that Fisher practiced all week as a starter and then (possible) took himself out because the ankle wasn't healed enough.  Was the practice just a test and did it make the ankle worse?  We'll never know, but it looks bad and that's why players and commentators are questioning Fisher's toughness.  Grunny and others pointed out that what Fisher did just isn't the way it works.  Reid tried to cover by saying he took Fisher out, but a lot of folks aren't buying it.

So a key guy gets hurt in the middle of a game , happens every game, and a good NFL Coach cant say OK now lets do this? :wub:

You plan for the best and prepare for the worst. Obviously he wasn't inactive. But you start the healthy guy and then you go with the next healthiest guy. Obviously Jah Reid was the healthiest so he went first.

Edit: I misread your post. A coach can make an adjustment, as I said. But when they start rushing Jah Reid it a certain way because he's inexperienced, then the left side isn't attacked like they planned, assuming the left side guy switches over. Maybe that guy's best coming from the left? Maybe they game-planned their attack to where Fisher was or where he wasn't? Otherwise, if you said you don't game plan for those things, then they would just attack everybody the same.

Besides, other than the fact that he is a waiver wire pickup, do you have any film to show that they didn't try to exploit him? Not saying that Reid is a diamond in the rough, but he could be better than people think.

Again, adjustments can and should be made, but we were getting passes out really quickly and that's pretty hard to exploit anybody.

Guest Okiechief1

It's not the recovery time that's in question. It's that Fisher practiced all week as a starter and then (possible) took himself out because the ankle wasn't healed enough. Was the practice just a test and did it make the ankle worse? We'll never know, but it looks bad and that's why players and commentators are questioning Fisher's toughness. Grunny and others pointed out that what Fisher did just isn't the way it works. Reid tried to cover by saying he took Fisher out, but a lot of folks aren't buying it.

That makes sense then.

The team is bigger than just one player. Soap opera drama does not work in football. Either you can or you can't. The Chiefs would have benefited from a true #1 pick at LT. Eric Fisher is not that. You either get in the boat and row, or get out. 

The team is bigger than just one player. Soap opera drama does not work in football. Either you can or you can't. The Chiefs would have benefited from a true #1 pick at LT. Eric Fisher is not that. You either get in the boat and row, or get out. 

Andy Reid, is an great man and excellent coach. He really covered up Fish in a well professional manner. Fish, may be in Reid's dog-house, but it's hard to tell since Reid controls his demeanor so well. 

I think it's time to forget about Fisher being the #1 overall pick.  The Chiefs had no real choice if they were going to replace Albert and so far, it just hasn't worked out.  That brings up another question.  Is it ever worth a top pick for offensive line?  I realize there's some real monsters out there, but how many O-linemen are worth #1?  Can't the line be built, and effective with second day picks while grabbing elite pass rushers or skill positions on the first?

I think it's time to forget about Fisher being the #1 overall pick. The Chiefs had no real choice if they were going to replace Albert and so far, it just hasn't worked out. That brings up another question. Is it ever worth a top pick for offensive line? I realize there's some real monsters out there, but how many O-linemen are worth #1? Can't the line be built, and effective with second day picks while grabbing elite pass rushers or skill positions on the first?

Fisher won't be here long. He may never start again.

Fisher won't be here long. He may never start again.

That would spell disaster for KC. To think a waiver guy is good enough is hoping for a miracle. Allen maybe but? So Fisher plays unless KC can trade for a quality replacement. I actually  believe Andy Reid when he says the guy was not healthy enough to start. Playing a few plays is much different than all plays..

Demetrius Harris.

Grunny, and Shaun Smith have come out and been fairly open about it. I do not know Grunhard, and I only communicate with Smith over Twitter. There are others.

NCarlscorner owned a heating and air company, and did work for Willie Roaf's girlfriend in KC. I used to give joke about it with him, but he really did have some insight. He knew Roaf was retiring before the media got it out.

The Chiefs tried to trade Albert to Miami, but were not able. They kept him for one year, and he became a free agent. You are correct there. However, there was no effort to retain him. Part of the problem was on Albert for wanting more than he was worth. Albert had an inflated view of himself. He thought he was a top three LT, but was probably more like a top 15 LT. Dorsey was dead set on getting another LT, and replacing Albert. They were in a bind financially, but a deal could have been worked out if he wanted to get creative.

Yeah, Grunny has said Fisher was soft and had no punch from the beginning. I remember thinking, man give the guy a chance. But I think he was right. A swing Tackle backup may be all he has to offer. Oh well. It was a terrible year to have the 1st overall pick. Water under the bridge.

That would spell disaster for KC. To think a waiver guy is good enough is hoping for a miracle. Allen maybe but? So Fisher plays unless KC can trade for a quality replacement. I actually believe Andy Reid when he says the guy was not healthy enough to start. Playing a few plays is much different than all plays..

Stephenson is clearly better. If fisher can't stay on the field and Reid is decent, it's over for fisher.

Not to mention, fisher was atrocious year one on the right side.

Archived