3rd down

Denver beat us. Simple as that.

Agreed Wilkie. You were cautious about your prediction and honestly I was nervous as well. Our fears came true but, do you still think the Chiefs are a improved team and can turn things around quickly?

Agreed Wilkie. You were cautious about your prediction and honestly I was nervous as well. Our fears came true but, do you still think the Chiefs are a improved team and can turn things around quickly?

Its pretty simple. We play Green Bay in 10 days. Focus on that.

The biggest difference in this game was Fleming #30.  Manning time and again went after him and won.  It was ridiculous how many times they threw his way.  Peters was holding his own and then some.  

Manning knew the weakness and attacked attacked attacked..

Guess we will see in round 2 if Sean Smith will make the difference or not??

yep, i posted about that last night during the game...sanders and manning made fleming their bitch

Because, darn it, Knile Davis left 2:27 on the clock when the Chiefs scored the go ahead touchdown.

Or maybe the Chiefs could have spelled their defense for two more minutes if De'Anthony Thomas hadn't dumped his punt return.

A simple look at the box score would tell you that Smith's offense secured one fewer first down than Manning's. That means that Smith actually produced more first downs per offensive drive than Manning. As always, people are freaking out about third down conversion rates (which were almost always long in the case of the Chiefs tonight), and paying no attention to the fact that Smith's offense was driving the ball down the field.

Call me out all you like, but you aren't seriously comparing Smith to Manning, right?  I mean, Manning has spent two decades shredding NFL defenses while aggressively attacking down the field.  He is at the end of his career now, and doesn't have the arm anymore, that is HIS limitation.  Smith should be in his prime, but he still checks down, year after year.  I agree with dhitter, it's mental, he is simply a dink and dunk QB.

I was comparing Smith's play in one game to Manning's play in one game. To infer anything beyond that is to misdirect the purpose of my statements concerning the matchup. The fact is that Smith attacked the secondary, and deep, and with no less proficiency than Manning.

Almost all Denver fans will be satisfied with Manning's play last night because his offense put up 24 points against a defense that started out strong but petered out at the end. As far as they're concerned, last night the Broncos played against a better defense than that of the Ravens last week, and yet put up twice as many points, on short rest, and on the road.

Almost no fans will be satisfied with Smith's play last night, despite the fact that Smith really did play a better game than Manning, and under far more pressure. The pass rushing stats will be out soon, and they will show that Smith was harassed as badly as Flacco was in week one (perhaps even worse), except that Smith produced twice as much yardage per dropback, and didn't throw a game-losing pick-six. Flacco's teammates didn't lose possession of the football, whereas Smith's did, three times. Smith's passer rating was a poor 53.9, but Flacco's passer rating was a miserable 38.2. Whereas one of Smith's picks was on a throw where his arm got hit, both of Flacco's interceptions were simply throws that should not have been made.

Comparing Smith's performance to Flacco's against the same defense provides a frame of reference in the effectiveness of Smith's passing attack (Flacco is still relatively well regarded as a quarterback). Comparing Smith's performance to Manning's in the same game provides a frame of reference in the effectiveness of Smith's passing attack according to situation. At the end of the game, Smith's team was ahead, and Manning had to march his team 80 yards down the field. The defense allowed that, and Smith's team was no longer ahead. Then Smith handed the ball off to Jamaal Charles, and Charles put the ball on the ground, and moments later, Smith's team was behind. Smith had done everything he could under terrible conditions in order to put the Chiefs in a position to win. With less than 150 seconds left to play, Smith watched his teammates throw away the game.

One more thing: In addition to being the goat on Manning's game-tying drive at the end of the fourth quarter, Jamell Fleming dropped two or three Manning throws that might have been intercepted by a better cornerback. Now the Chiefs know who they ought to cut when Sean Smith comes off of the exempt list. 

The biggest difference in this game was Fleming #30. Manning time and again went after him and won. It was ridiculous how many times they threw his way. Peters was holding his own and then some.

Manning knew the weakness and attacked attacked attacked..

Guess we will see in round 2 if Sean Smith will make the difference or not??

Bad coaching. Afraid to pull the trigger. Just like with Kendrick Lewis.

Looks like a "W" in front of Denver's name to me...  Sorry dude.

Correction: Denver didn't win it themselves. The Chiefs helped them with very ugly turnovers. With such a large turnover difference between the two teams you wouldn't expect the game to be so close. Unfortunate mistakes doesn't prove which team is better. Don't get too cocky - the Chiefs will only learn and improve from this game and won't make the same mistakes next matchup. Before Jamaal's final fumble, the game was being controlled by the Chiefs. Jamaal gave Denver the knockout punch. 

Guest 303Chiefs

Looks like a "W" in front of Denver's name to me... Sorry dude.

In typical fashion, Stud, who hasn't been around for a very long time, shows up to gloat after a win that was arguably undeserving like a true rival fan. Did you specifically look up the website as soon as the donkeys won, or would you still be a no show of they lost? Something tells me you wouldn't be on here if they lost...

Regardless, they still won and it still sucks ballsack to lose the way we did.

The 3rd down when Jamaal was lined up as a WR and they threw that screen which was the same play they ran against NE a year ago. Denver recognized it immediately and blew it up. Very creative Andy Reid..

Either trust your QB and throw a strike to Maclin or Kelce or at least change it up if you're going to Jamaal. I thought they had more planned offensively for this game. 

0 passing TD's. At home. Upside - it's the beginning of the season. Let them learn. 

Guest 303Chiefs

Gloat away Stub. That's sports man. It won't be for much longer. That was a fluke win. We got this division. Maybe not early, but we got this.

You can still come jaw with us though. It's been too long.

I say ban his ip...

I say bronco fans should just be treated like second class citizens. No basic rights, don't talk unless spoke to, etc. Fuck them all and the team they root for.

I say this jokingly...sort of.

Agreed. Mayonnaise, Miracle Whip. What's the difference?

Are you crazy?  That is the most assinine statement that I have ever seen.  There is a huge difference between Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise.  Can't believe you even said that.

:)

Archived