Maybe now you understand

Why us old guys wouldn't pick a score. Never count out Peyton Manning. These kind of losses are what it takes to be a Chiefs fan. Its a lifetime of dashed hopes and unfulfilled expectations. We don't deserve to go to the playoffs until we can beat Denver.

Whatever else it is....its time to move on. We have 14 more games to figure this out.

There is a lot to understand about this team.

I understand that this is a great defense that continually gets screwed by Reid and Smith.

I understand that Reid will NEVER learn from his mistakes and needs to give up the playcalling duties.

I understand that Maclin will regret signing here.

I understand that Charles is the best all around Back in the league who had a bad night.

I understand that the offensive line is offensive.

I understand that KC will remain a team mired in futility until they get a franchise QB.

I understand that Alex Smith is not a franchise QB.

There is a lot to understand about this team.

I understand that this is a great defense that continually gets screwed by Reid and Smith.

I understand that Reid will NEVER learn from his mistakes and needs to give up the playcalling duties.

I understand that Maclin will regret signing here.

I understand that Charles is the best all around Back in the league who had a bad night.

I understand that the offensive line is offensive.

I understand that KC will remain a team mired in futility until they get a franchise QB.

I understand that Alex Smith is not a franchise QB.

Yeah I wonder if Maclin is starting to realize he has been reduced to a 4-5 catch, 60 yard a game...no TDs has been.

I understand that the Chiefs might have to bite the bullet and.. Make a change at Qb to one that looks for wide receivers 1st and not as the 2nd or 3rd option. Trade Fisher to another team for a high draft pick because he's done and you can see it as plain as day. Get knile davis the ball more to spell JC. Give Marcus cooper one more chance by benching Fleming.

It's one game, fellas.  Take your Prozac.

It was a defining game and how much worse could a team look? Now we get to hear all about THE BIG HEAD. KC Takes its Normal Place as The Choking Team. We can now look forward to another average season of Chiefs Football. Not what I had in mind.

nobody is going to trade for that dumpster fire....

i would not mind seeing what chase Daniel could do in a regular season game

The moment I realized that I was not arguing with rational people, and that I needed to step away from any discussion about Alex Smith until people get their heads on straight.

Guest Okiechief1

It was a defining game and how much worse could a team look? Now we get to hear all about THE BIG HEAD. KC Takes its Normal Place as The Choking Team. We can now look forward to another average season of Chiefs Football. Not what I had in mind.

We beat the Pats last year on Monday night football. National stage spotlight on us and the world watching and we delivered a beat down. Didn't mean anything as we sat at home and they won the SB.

Over the years I've seen us win those types of games only to it really not mean much other than it was one game in a long season and it was nice to get the win but that one game didn't define the season.

The moment I realized that I was not arguing with rational people, and that I needed to step away from any discussion about Alex Smith until people get their heads on straight.

not being irrational, just throwing that thought out there..

i guarentee it will not be the last time you hear that between now and the GB game

We beat the Pats last year on Monday night football. National stage spotlight on us and the world watching and we delivered a beat down. Didn't mean anything as we sat at home and they won the SB.

Over the years I've seen us win those types of games only to it really not mean much other than it was one game in a long season and it was nice to get the win but that one game didn't define the season.

Because the Great Andy Reid lost to Oakland & Tennessee. We can keep saying these dont matter and get the same results.

There was no pressure on KC for the New England Game. NO Spotlight. Put the spotlight on this team and it chokes.

After last night I have no faith in Andy Reid or his QB choice Smith. He has had time to put his team on the field. He has installed his system. If we had lost a hard fought close game without absolutely horrible coaching then I get your point. Fact is starting & then leaving Fleming  in that long shows  Reid and Sutton are Chokers. There were many additional coaching moments where Reid absoltely failed this team.

i would not mind seeing what chase Daniel could do in a regular season game

not being irrational, just throwing that thought out there..

i guarentee it will not be the last time you hear that between now and the GB game

What has Chase Daniel done to make you think he could play effectively behind Donald Stephenson (injured during the fourth quarter) or Eric Fisher (high ankle sprain), Ben Grubbs, Mitch Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and Jah Reid? What has Chase Daniel done to make you think he would overcome the handicap of a runningback and a punt returner that combine for three lost fumbles? What has Chase Daniel done to make you think that he would have kept the Chiefs' defense off of the field for 29 minutes?

You are right, people are going to chirp about Daniel being the solution to the Chiefs' problems, but there isn't a bit of rational thought behind the notion.

Yes that is so.  Its too early for fans to have rational thought.  Give this loss a couple of days and then we have to move on.  Here is one fact we cannot overlook..... Fisher was in no way responsible for the loss last night.  Those who would dump him did not watch LDT or Jah Reid very closely.  Miller owned Jah Reid.

Yes that is so.  Its too early for fans to have rational thought.  Give this loss a couple of days and then we have to move on.  Here is one fact we cannot overlook..... Fisher was in no way responsible for the loss last night.  Those who would dump him did not watch LDT or Jah Reid very closely.  Miller owned Jah Reid.

Interestingly, Jah Reid (7 career starts with the Ravens) was signed by the Chiefs following his release by the Ravens. The Ravens released Reid because right tackle Ricky Wagner (17 career starts through 2014) was presumably a better option. Flacco was harassed by the Broncos' defense in week one. Should it not be presumed that one of the reasons Smith struggled last night was that his right tackle was another team's cast-off?

Apparently, it has escaped almost everyone's notice that the starting lineup for the Chiefs last night from center to right tackle had a total of 10 games of starting experience. Alex Smith is once again trying to help his team break in an inexperienced offensive line. There will be consequences for that.

Guest Okiechief1

Yes that is so. Its too early for fans to have rational thought. Give this loss a couple of days and then we have to move on. Here is one fact we cannot overlook..... Fisher was in no way responsible for the loss last night. Those who would dump him did not watch LDT or Jah Reid very closely. Miller owned Jah Reid.

Miller is gonna own a lot of linemen the same way Houston does at times. Couple that with Ware and an aggressive DC in Phillips and they are gonna give pretty much any offense fits.

Miller is gonna own a lot of linemen the same way Houston does at times. Couple that with Ware and an aggressive DC in Phillips and they are gonna give pretty much any offense fits.

KC did not loose because of Denvers pass rush. They gave up 31 points. Horrific coaching decisions and playing guys like Mr Waiver Wire  REID and that Monkey Fleming. I cant remember ever seeing a guy so absolutely owned. Better play by Manning and that score is much higher. They left Fleming there all night. Could have put a safety in, we have many, and tried Parker at corner. This is on Andy Reid.

Why us old guys wouldn't pick a score. Never count out Peyton Manning. These kind of losses are what it takes to be a Chiefs fan. Its a lifetime of dashed hopes and unfulfilled expectations. We don't deserve to go to the playoffs until we can beat Denver.

Whatever else it is....its time to move on. We have 14 more games to figure this out.

So we have 14 games to figure out how to what? Win? I understand...we have 14 more games to prepare for next year. :wub: Thanks for educating me.

Guest Okiechief1

KC did not loose because of Denvers pass rush. They gave up 31 points. Horrific coaching decisions and playing guys like Mr Waiver Wire REID and that Monkey Fleming. I cant remember ever seeing a guy so absolutely owned. Better play by Manning and that score is much higher. They left Fleming there all night. Could have put a safety in, we have many, and tried Parker at corner. This is on Andy Reid.

I never said they lost because of Denver's pass rush. I said that pass rush is gonna give a lot offenses fits so it wasn't exactly surprising that a guy we picked up off the waiver wire less than 2 weeks ago sucked against a premier pass rusher.

KC did not loose because of Denvers pass rush. They gave up 31 points. Horrific coaching decisions and playing guys like Mr Waiver Wire  REID and that Monkey Fleming. I cant remember ever seeing a guy so absolutely owned. Better play by Manning and that score is much higher. They left Fleming there all night. Could have put a safety in, we have many, and tried Parker at corner. This is on Andy Reid.

14 came straight from turnovers.

I'm not old (yet), but I also refused to pick a score. I still think Peyton is old and frail, but I knew the D was going to pick them apart.

Archived